Prototype blurry and squished
Prototypes are sometimes squished horizontally, blurry, or only show half the layout! It happens randomly, has nothing to do with monitors or browsers...done lots of testing in the office on different machines.
I have to send layouts to client today! Will have to send JPGs instead, very disappointed with the application.
My XD version is up-to-date XD CC, using a MAC.
Any help would be appreciated. If we cannot use the prototype feature XD is useless.
24 commentsComments are closed
Aasma Garg commented
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have recently pushed a fix for the issue. Please verify it at your end.
Joey Marshment-Howell commented
Our developers are all having this problem and it's making it frankly impossible to use XD. Zoomed out entirely, proportions are correct. But when we zoom in, the entire image of the artboard is distorted and no longer clickable (i.e. the click targets are no longer at the same position as the distorted image behind them).
Chrome 76.0.3809.132 and Firefox 68.0.2 on various Ubuntu distributions using Lenovo X1 Carbons (with updated drivers).
Generally the proportions are working fine with comment view, but spec view (where you can select elements to view colors/properties) is a mess. Totally unusable for the last several weeks.
Do you guys have any idea what is causing this? We love Adobe and XD, but we are will really need to consider switching to another prototyping software if this doesn't improve.
Zigmas Mallol commented
Yup, same problem here.
My prototypes and development links are blurry. There are some details that cannot be seen by my devs, and is making our job really hard right now. :(
XD Unusable - Blurry Prototypes.
Still not fixed! Blurry and Squished... hate it!
Golan Thomas commented
Any fix yet?
Benjamin Noss commented
Thought it would be better with today's update maybe. But wow, now XD on Win10 crashes completely at startup. Well done, Adobe...
Benjamin Noss commented
Same (?) here. I'm new to XD thanks of Adobe's massive XD forcing.
Was quite fine with checking PS designs directly on my phone via Adobe Preview CC, but now I must use XD.
Because of no time I just did it the quick way for now: PNG export from PS putting into blank configured XD project and save into cloud. On my smartphone XD App it works fine. 100% PS view is pixelated what's normal because of the much higher ppi rate and when I do a 200% upscale in PS before export (from 360px width to 720px then PNG and downscale to 360px again in XD), it's also fine in the app.
But when I use the share functionality, it's very ugly pixelated (not just rasterized) and not usable for sending to a customer. I tried 100% and 200% scale - it always looks the same as you can see on the screenshot. Project is 360x4500px. Win10 Pro 64, Firefox 68, Edge, Chrome...
On top of that I have white borders left/right in fullscreen mode on mobile. Within the app, that's not the case and the phone meets those 360px width.
Once more a lot of lost time with non functional beta software and no more fallback in current PS versions.
We have a similar problem in the office. In some computers the view of the development prototype is squished and cropped (in 75% zoom or +) We try using a new file and link but the problem persists.
Especially the crop bug is so annoying for the developers because they can not see the entire design.
We use Ubuntu and web browsers are Chrome, Firefox (in Firefox is even worse)
Prototypes longer than 8000px are still broken. Workarounds suggested below do not work for me, so I need to cut my designs into few artboards so they are usable by developers. This bug is very frustrating.
Yes, setting a viewport height (via the "Scrolling" -> Vertical option in the property pane is definitely a workaround. In the meantime, the team is working on improving the experience for long artboards in general.
Toks Anoks commented
I doubt this is a bug. If your screen size is 1366x768 and viewport of the shared arboard is 1080px it will get squished cause the program tries to fit whole viewport into your small resolution.
if you want to prevent these issues I suggest to use 768px viewport height. This works well for me cause main resolution I ues for my desgins is 1366x768.
Shared for review designs needs zoom and spacebar free look tools to examine designs.
Could you send your prototype link to email@example.com?
having the same problem, the website is shown to fit browser height, not full scale. take a look: https://xd.adobe.com/view/06c24d00-6766-4505-4985-fc59b9000a0e-70f3/
I found other workaround for me. It's working fine (not blurred) in MS Edge (surprisingly).
Anirudh Sasikumar (Adobe), how can I reach to you to privately share the prototype link that is blurry?
Some notes from the engineering team:
1. Prototypes getting squished/showing half the layout: we're working on a fix. Currently this seems related to tall prototypes - height > 8,000px. A workaround in the meantime: select artboard, set "Scrolling" to "Vertical", set viewport height to a value like 1800px.
2. Prototypes looking blurry - (1) occasionally causes this and the same workaround may help. Another potential workaround is to see if using "Auto-Animate" as the action when wiring between artboards fixes the issue (you only need to have one auto-animate interaction in the flow, other transitions can be as is for the workaround to take effect). Any XD prototype link that can be privately shared us will help diagnose this further is appreciated.
3. Prototypes being shown fit to browser height and not full scale. For prototypes that are really tall, this is currently expected. Workaround mentioned in (1) will help. We're also looking into potentially changing this behavior.
I have the same problem. Prototype sometimes looks blurry. Page refresh or opening a new tab can randomly fix the issue, but it's very annoying! The first thought of the viewer: "Oh, this designer can't even draw crisp images". And the first thought of the designer: "Oh, I can't use XD because it can't display my prototypes properly half of the time!".
Occurring on multiple computers and prototypes. Viewing on 100% scale, so it's blurred because of a bug, not the wrong scale.
- OS: Win10 x64 with the latest updates (on every computer).
- Browser: Chrome 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) and FF 64.0.2 (64-bit).
- Monitors: Samsung, Dell, LG, ViewSonic 1920x1080. Can be used as an only monitor with desktop PCs or as a secondary monitor with notebook. Result is the same (sometimes blurry).
- Graphic adapters: Built-in graphics for Intel Core i5-7200U (notebook), Intel Core i7-4790, external graphics GeForce GTX 750Ti, some other notebooks and PC's (I don't know it's specs). Result is the same (sometimes blurry).
I can share links to the prototype in private messaging, not as a public post.
Volker Durre commented
Similar problem here. The prototype for a website is shown to fit browser height, not full scale. This is happening on an older prototype I had shared with the client, and on a newer version.
Also noticed that the links are behaving erratically and not in predictable ways. Needless to say, that didn't help during the meeting.
I am sorry, but sharing the work flawlessly and effortlessly with controls in place should be the main appeal of XD. If the publishing is not consistent with XD I will go back to putting things together differently.
Working with prototype links shared, we're no longer seeing issues on my end with MacOS 10.13 + Safari 12.0.1-13606.2, Chrome 70.0.3538, FF 63.0.3
If you're still seeing issues, please share the following:
- OS + browser name/version where issue is observed
- Link to prototypes