Saving file to synced Google Drive location often gives error and crashes
This is extremely frustrating. Often times when I save (especially during successive save attempts) I'll get an error dialog that says:
"Please save in another location."
"You don't have permission to save files on "<path>""
When it gets in this state, the only way I can avoid losing work is to save as a different file. However, sometimes I can't as the menu will become unresponsive when selecting Save As (no folder picker comes up) and then the app will often crash.
I can't be the only one using Google Drive and having this issue! There are tons of applications out there that don't have write issues when working with Google Drive.
As we haven’t seen any activity on this bug in three months, I’m marking this bug as inactive. Please do feel free to file this bug again if you’re still experiencing it!
I have this same problem with AI in Feb 2019. Super annoying. Other programs don't have this behavior.
Travis Wilson commented
This happens to me as well, but I have not experienced the app crashing on Windows 10.
Sure, can you please send me instructions on how to do so?
Please note that the crashes are rare, but the permission errors are easily reproducible, so if there's logs I can grab there do let me know.
Yes, I'm the only one with it open. The last file this happened on was about 35mb.
I tried to repro on Creative Cloud and OneDrive but I could not. Unfortunately my team is Google based so it's imperative that I'm able to save there.
what XD version are you using?
- 0.6.34.3 Beta
what version of Win10 do you have?
- Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1358)
what type of HW are you using?
- Surface Book i7 with Performance Base
do you have this issue no matter the folder inside Google Drive?
does it happen only for some paths inside Google Drive?
- Seems to happen for any folder in my team's Google Drive.
are you connected over WIFI/cable? Did you experiment any network connectivity issues when you had this save issues?
- WiFi. No connectivity issues.
does the file size matter in this case? Did you get the errors for all sorts of files?
- I feel like this happens more on large files. I think cause it takes longer to sync?
can you share the shapshot of the error message dialog?
after you SaveAs, can you load and save that file?
- Most times. But sometimes when I save as, it doesn't work and I lose my changes. This is usually when parts of the app become unresponsive. Not sure if this is when the app is running low on memory or something. I often have to restart the process to get it to behave again.