Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error 44:63 when exporting for development

For weeks now, I can't update or even create a new share link for development without the progress ending with an error 44:63 or 44.23. I can definitely share for review, that's not a problem. I've read through many many of these uservoice posts and I've tried all the stuff at https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/cannot-use-share-feature.html :

1. Publishing from different computers causes the same issue.
    2. A new file with just a few artboards publishes just fine.
    3. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to review each of my artboards for "large boundary with content within" and bitmaps that exceed 8000 x 8000.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Please try the below workaround whether it is resolving “create a new share for development link”

1. Publish new link by uncheck “include assets”
    2. Once the link creation is successful, go ahead and check “include assets” (tick mark)
    3. Update the same link

Regards,
    Muthukumar

3. Colour Palette Bug

Colour Palette Bug

Hi I am using Adobe XD with version 17.0.12.11 . While dragging the point of colour from colour palette to change the colour of something whole xd freezes and colour changes very slowly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Long Press for menu not working

I just upgraded XD V13 on iOS and the long press for menus no longer works. Long press brings up a dialogue "No Microphone Access....." How can I access the menu now?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. unselectable layers under blocked layer

When I block a layer (A) that cover a layer (B) the layer (B) is not selectable.
    this is a problem for designers from photoshop ,it use a different more logical behavior. In PS when i block a layer (A) a can't do nothing to it but i can easly select everything is "behind". In XD the only solution is move the Layer (A) and it is not a good UX for a Ux software :-D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. XD pastes last copied thing from XD and not other applications

Adobe XD 11 (August 2018)
    Macbook Pro 15" 2017 - Mac OS High Sierra

Sometimes when I copy from illustrator and paste to XD, it will paste the last thing i copied from XD itself. However if i go back to illustrator and past, it will paste what it copied from illustrator.

I know this is an Adobe XD issue because I encounter the same issues sometimes trying to copy images from web.

Closing XD and opening it again, does solve the issue.
    but this bug has been here since I believe June release

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. copy and paste bitmap images from Adobe Illustrator and paste it into XD

1. V.9.1.1.2.3
    2. win 10

Copy and paste bitmap images from Adobe Illustrator and paste it into XD, well be a no fill color rectangle.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color picker lag motion

while i used the color picker, i have a problem the cursor lag movement. it move delay.
    i used OMEN Mouse 400 on window 10 with Adobe XD 18.0.12.9 version. but i used another mouse and touch pad on the same computer it works perfectly. so when i used a OMEN Mouse 400 on another computer( MacBook Pro) it works without any delay.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  3 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot drag pictures from the desktop

XD cannot drag pictures from the desktop in the notebook win10 system

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. copy&paste from XD to other apps

It's impossible to copy smth from XD and paste it to Outlook letter for example (or another app) as picture. Then I do it I see just black rectange. Look at the attachment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Oh I see. You may be working with files the pasteboard in Win is saving in a way that Outlook can’t understand. I recommend exporting to PNG or JPG file from XD for accurate representation.

The cases for asset import/export/copy/paste the team has validated are defined here, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/working-with-external-assets.html For other support not included, I encourage you to open a feature request for the team to review.

Hope this helps!
    Nina

11. Italic moving in text outside the artboard

1) latest version
    2) If I select a word that is obviously in the text box but outside the artboard to switch regular/italic, the selection is moving and the selected word is half regular half italic, but the next word too.
    3) cmd Z don't work for regular/italic

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. replaced nested component position override link broken

When I swap a nested component for another and then move the original nested component the children do not change position. I would want this swapped component to retain its position link to the master.

I often create a generic component with a space for an icon or a button. When I swap in either a new state for the button, or a new icon I want to be able to move the position of this "generic" icon or button regardless of which one it actually is. See video where the circle replaces the square, I want both to respect…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adobe XD error 47

Hi; none of my previously designed Adobe XD will open! I get the following error message:

There was an error opening the file Copy of "my filename.xd" (Error code: 47)

Adobe XD 18.1.12.1
    Open Adobe XD, file, open, my file
    I expect my file to open
    Get the same error message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Glad we got a chance to connect directly on this Raul!

Happy I was able to share about XD Cloud docs! And that it will be a better workflow for you. From our discussion, the system you’re saving your files is not as reliable as you’d like and was resulting in the problem. If you do manage to get the files and they’re not working, reach out and we’ll go from there.

Thanks!
    Nina

15. XD Prototype not working - missing elements when loaded

This issue has not been fixed.

Elements missing when loading a long prototype in the browser. Loads very slowly and many elements are completely white when finally renders?

https://xd.adobe.com/view/e53bd5ac-e570-46c2-40fd-bb0a7134735a-930a/

v16.0.2.8

Saying it has been fixed and then closing the comments does not actually fix the bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. equest for troubleshooting of the drag and drop problem

1. 15.0.12.8
    2.To whom it may concern
    Hi, this is Yang who is the one of Adobe XD users.
    My co-workers and I try to use this program but we are currently in troble with minor problem.
    When I use it with a private computer, I am able to drag and drop elements to the ArtBoard. However, the function dosen't work with an office computer.
    The funny thing is that these two comupters are installed same version of Windows. Please let me know how to resolve this problem as soon as possible. I appreciate for your help.

Sincerly,

Soobin, Yang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Error code 115 (Sketch file import)

XD Version: 15.0.12.8
    Sketch file "appVersion":"52.6","build":67491 (from meta.json)

Opening sketch file gives 'Error code: 115' - NB: your bug system search ignores numbers so it is hard to locate existing reports.

Retrying a couple of times does seem to open it, however there are a number of layering issues / missing components (see screenshot).

Sketch file available at https://www.lightningdesignsystem.com/downloads/#ui-kit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Xander:

I don’t have any issues opening on my end with XD 15. What I do see is there are some extra things that make it seem like things are missing.

As the file was created in and for Sketch there may be items that XD interprets differently. I noticed for example, under “Color Tokens” there’s an artboard with a rectangle on top of the content. When removed, I see the color swatches.

You may need to spend some time reviewing and edit content to suit the design.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

18. [Win10] G-sync is causing problems

Adobe XD ver: 13.1.32.8

The application automatically uses G-sync and causes interface lag when doing anything that involves movement.

Manually disabling G-sync for the application or disabling it all together seems to fix the issue.

Note: Adobe XD does not appear in the nvidia control panel but has to be manually added and then select monitor technology > Fix Refresh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. line spacing is (slightly) greater than defined

Adobe XD 13.0.12.14
    macOS Mojave 10.14.1

Video description: https://youtu.be/4Tka6cI7i00
    STEPS:
    - Create a text field, define a line spacing
    - define a fixed height for an area text.
    - Line spacing in text field adds up 0.25pt to 2pt extra (whenever it is bellow the default line height for a certain text size)
    - This produces some text fields clipping off the last line of content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greeting Yoni:

This is working as designed today. Each font has it’s own spacing so when set it adjusts to accommodate that. It looks like ~1:13 you switch to area text which adjusts to show the text within the viewable area based on the size set. So that’s also working as expected.

There’s a few feature requests that look to capture some of what you’re looking for, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/18672550-snap-text-box-height-to-line-spacing-value

I encourage you to vote and add your comments if the above line up with what you’re trying to do. Or open a new one for anything you’re not seeing that you’d like to have in XD in future versions.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

20. PSD Inner Shadow

Hello,

Hello,

I haved a simple shape with an inner shadow in Photoshop as a PSD file. This inner shadow disappears when opening it in XD.

You may replicate that with that simple PSD file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Unfortunately this is working as expected currently. The best way to manage this now is to save as png in PS and import. Though I’m guessing you might want all the layers available to edit in XD.

I did a bit of looking over in the XD feature request forum and nothing popped up as specifically addressing this. But I encourage you to take a look and upvote posts that support your requirement. As well as open new report detailing what you’re trying to do so the team can better understand what you’re looking for.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base