Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Frequent freezes and crashes

It feels like you really rushed this latest release (2.0.32.10) out the door. I'm having stability problems galore.

App freezes while I'm working. Unsure if these are related to the Type tool issues reported previously, but I am using the pointer and other tools when this happens.

I can't accurately reproduce the bug, but I can say that the decline is gradual. First, I cannot save via CTRL-S. Second, any selection of other tools no longer registers on the artboard. The hamburger menu at top left does not open. Eventually, the entire app just freezes and I'm forced to restart.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings XD Community:

A lot has changed since this post first saw the light of day! While it has lots of great info, it’s become a bit generalized and at times different than the original issue. So, the time has come to close it.

To help us better understand & investigate XD issues with freezes and crashes, I ask you to please do the following:
    1. Go the main page for XD User Voice bugs https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs, do a search to see if there are other open tickets with the same issue you’re experiencing.
    If there’s nothing there, go ahead and open a new detailed post in the XD bugs forum with the following information:
    1. XD version
    2. OS version
    3. Detailed steps to reproduce the issue
    4. If you’re seeing problems in a specific file, sharing the XD file with us
    5. System logs:
    - Creative Cloud Logs, …

2. Unable to reliably sync XD files with CC to team members

Hi there.

I have a team of multiple users trying to sync folders of XD files up to Creative Cloud and then down to computers so that we can always all have the latest versions of files. This is an integral function for us to have cloud control over our files. We are all located remotely around the world. Over the last few weeks we have all had issues with syncing on and off.

ISSUE:
    - Member 1 adds XD file to CC folder on local machine (or saves file updates).
    - Member 2,3,4 can see update in Cloud but…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This bug report is quite stale. There’s been a significant number of changes that impact this area, including the release of XD Cloud documents with XD 14 in Dec 2018.

In order to accurately track current status, I’m closing this report. For issues with XD Cloud documents see this help page, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience,
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. Can't reinstall XD. Exit Code: 183

XD was working fine Thursday (latest version). Friday morning, I get error instructing me to uninstall then reinstall. Fails every time.

Error code 183.

• 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 183) executing in command 'RunProgramCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:0.6.14.2
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 0.6.14.2). Error code: '183'
    WARN: Program "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe XD\CSDKConfigurator.exe" failed with exit code: -1

I was on the phone with tech support for 3 hours, no resolution. He took my number and said that level 2 tech support would call me back. No Call.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Symbol repeat grid doesn't propagate .txt files or images to items

Adobe XD version: 0.6.34.3 Beta

Steps:
    1. Create a symbol comprised by text and images
    2. Use symbol to create a repeat grid
    3. Drag and drop .txt file or images to symbol

Expected result:
    Images propagating to repeat grid items
    Text propagating to repeat grid items

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Problems installing adobe xd

Hello, the problem is that when I install Adobe XD from the creative cloud, it installs but then returns to the install option, I already tried with another user but the problem persists, I can not install Adobe XD.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Closing this report as inactive.

For those experiencing issues installing XD please do the following:
    - Confirm your system meets the minimum requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html
    - Follow the install troubleshooting guide https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install.html

If you still have issues after following the above, please file a new report.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

6. Copy/Paste shortcuts and menu options no longer work

I just downloaded the November 2017 update. I opened a new document. When I try to use copy/paste shortcuts on any object, nothing happens. When I right click and copy/paste using the menu, nothing happens. The only way I can copy an object is by right clicking the object in the layers palette and duplicating it. The keyboard shortcut for group works fine (CTRL+G), as well as select all (CTRL+A).
    I opened a project that I started before downloading the update. The copy and paste functions work just fine. They also work if I am in an Illustrator project. I…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Open multiple projects

I can't believe you remove opening multiple project. It was fine when it's beta. Now I have to close recent project to view or copy something from another project!!

Adobe XD version 1.0.12.19

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Missing fonts (XD can't locate installed system fonts due to name mismatch)

XD Version
    0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 0.0.0.0

System version
    MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Problem
    I'm getting the missing fonts message when opening up files that contain references to certain MS Word-supplied fonts. Specifically, Adobe XD lists the following fonts show up as missing:

Fabric External MDL2 Assets-Regular
    Segoe UI-Bold
    Segoe UI-Regular

These fonts are available on my system under slightly different names:

Segoe MDL2 Assets Normal
    Segoe UI Negreta
    Segoe UI Normal

File Details
    The file I'm trying to open is supplied by Microsoft: it's their design guide for the Office Fabric.js Layout system, available here: https://static2.sharepointonline.com/files/fabric/fabric-website/files/officeuifabric.zip​ (Source page:https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric#/resources)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greeting Vlad and all:

Segoe font is used in XD Tutorial. If you ever worked with this file, you’d likely see this message.

I’ve found with reports as old as this one it’s best to retire and start fresh. If you’re seeing a problem in XD today the best thing to do is open new post with the following info:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - Detailed steps of what you’re trying to accomplish and where it’s not working as expected
    - Screen grabs or video showing report

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

9. artboard order

i have a document with 20+ arboards. When i share this prototype the first artboard that my client sees is not the artboard they need to see "homepage" The home artboard is the first artboard i created in this file so its should be de default artboard i gues??

A couple days a go when the file was maybe 8 artboard the prototype displayed the right "homepage" artboard at the start of the prototype.

I dont know why en how this changed

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't access XD shared links

XD Version 17.0.12.11
    Max OS High Sierra 10.13.6

My coworkers and I worked on some XD files today and sent the shared link to our project manager for their feedback. All was working fine up till two hours ago, now it seems none of the links we provided are working anymore. It's not very useful when you have 7 files to share and send to your project manager and client later today.

Here is the error we get, but we can still open the links in a private tab no problem. I don't understand, we never had that type of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Privilege lowering failed! Error: 1314 - Error: 191

I am an enterprise user that has a rights managed system. Someone has spent a long time configuring the Enterprise hand shaking to allow Adobe CC to install software applications with elevated privileges on our systems. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign all work, But CC hits this road block when XD tries to install. It worked just fine until the latest Windows update, but apparently it broke the credentialing permissions in XD. I had a previously working version but had to replace my HD on my laptop which required me to reinstall the Adobe CC. I am now locked out of editing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. XD does not open, and when attempting to open a file i get 'invalid value for registry'

I was forced to update Adobe XD last week on 12th Oct. Done. Forced again today 17th Oct. Done.
    The app simply will not open, no matter how many times i click it (via 'open' in creative cloud, or searching or clicking on the desktop app) It still does not open.

In addition, i attempted to open a .xd file directly, however, this does not seem to open and throws an error:
    'Invalid value for registry'

Catch 22, cant open the app and can't use a previously created .xd document to open it either. 2 problems or one?

Windows 10…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@John and others:

This post as reported is not reproducible on our end. Detailed steps are needed In order to help understand what’s going on.

In an earlier post, I requested the following info:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - Detailed steps of what you’re doing and where it’s not working.
    — Does it happen with all your XD files?
    — Where are you saving the files?
    - Detailed troubleshooting steps taken
    - Any system logs collected

If you’re having a problem, please open new report that includes the above for investigation.

Thanks!
    NIna
    Adobe XD

13. Push/Slide animation not working on select art boards

Have a prototype with a mixture of different animations.
    Some use simple dissolves, others use the slide animation.

Working mostly fine.

However, on three of the art boards, no matter what I do- the slide OR push animation does not work. It simply does a dissolve.

I have removed and readded all links/transitions from these artboards but still does not work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

The functionality has been significantly updated since this issue was reported. If you’re experiencing issue with transitions, it’s best to open a new report to ensure accurate tracking. FWIW, one thing I see posted often is transitions list not showing everything which indicates the wired boards are of different sizes.

Thanks!
    NIna
    Adobe XD

14. Link cannot be accessed after several attempts

Adobe XD 20.0.12.10, creating link for sharing but when link is accessed, not opening. Repeating process for 10 times now.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Impossible to save file on the Cloud. Error 49

I created a design system for a client on a cloud Adobe XD file. For the last 2 days, none of my work has saved on the cloud as I get an error 49 each time. Neither autosave or manual save work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prototype not found

Link to prototype results in error message, "Prototype not found"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Font spacing problem between Mac and Windows

A space between font and element is shown different for Mac and Windows. See attachment for better understanding.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Entering line spacing value changes opacity too

Adobe XD 13.0.12.14

on Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

Frequently when I attempt to change line spacing value via the number pad the app will also set the same value for opacity.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Windows 10] Cannot rename artboards

1. XD ver. 13.0.12.14

2. Double-click to rename artboards or right click on artboards layer -> Rename

3. The selected old name can be typed

4. Stuck for a while

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Overlays do not keep position when moving elements

When moving elements, there is no way to move all corresponding overlays that have been attached without moving them all manually.

I am currently trying to move a navbar at the top of the page with alert and messages overlays to simulate windows popping over the UI and I have to manually move the overlays when I want to copy it to multiple artboards. The overlays appear completely off screen, no matter where I put the artboard. It would be good to have a way to fix the overlays in position with the parent object.

On the same subject, the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base