Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Zoom in / Zoom out with keyboard numpad bug

Zoom in / Zoom out numpad keyboard shortcut not working anymore since latest update (cmd + "numpad +" and cmd + "numpad -")

V 19.0.22.9

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pdf export blurry images (with shadow) and file size

When exporting to pdf, the file size becomes quite huge.
    Additionally, the images that have a shadow (added in XD, image is jpeg) become blurry and the text (in the image) unreadable. It's no problem without shadow.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CC Library doesn't show Transparency

Hello there,

I'm not sure if this has changed since the update, but on Mac ver 14.0.42.14 the CC library does not show Transparency in the preview. This means its hard to tell which Icon I'm trying to place:

See here:

Bridge is on the left (see there is Trans) XD is on the Right

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. cannot read property 'postscriptName' or null

It tells me "cannot read property 'postscriptName' or null" and then showing just a blank page. Reboot, re-install, older version doesn't work.

Win10/64,

XD - 8.022.11

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Error 44:23

I cant able to export the prototype link for the developer.

# I tried to make all the assets linked with other files are making it as local assert.
    # I tried to delete my old link and create a new link. Still, I can't able to make it a success.

Can you help me to resolve this error.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  29 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color issues

Hexcodes appear very different between art boards. Looks like it gets an opacity change without it actually being changed. The opacity slider says its 100% but the color obviously isn't showing opaque.

Colors suddenly changes opacity from 100% and when its closed and then opened the opacity has changed.

The checkbox next to the color square in the front UI is sometimes totally black and sometimes its not possible to click in the box to turn a border color or fill color on, this has been an ongoing issues since day one with XD.

Also, the color picker keeps disappearing.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  9 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Color change animation

Hello guys, I really don't know if this is a real bug but I should report, when auto animation, the object color don't make the transition steps, the color change suddenly, is that a real bug?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the shortcut key for zoom in changed?

Until the last version, I believe Shft+Ctrl+- worked as zoom in, but doesn't seem working with the latest XD 22.

If you use a Japanese keyboard, "Shift+;" is "+", which means you'll be pressing the same keys for both "lock guides" and "zoom in". On mac, you don't know which happens until you actually press the keys. On Win, it's been always "lock guides". So without " Shft+Ctrl+-", there is no way to zoom in without mouse if you're using Windows PC.

Here is an image that shows the layout of Japanese keyboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Japanese.svg

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clicking "Edit Master Component" causes the master component to go to the top of the layers panel

Adobe XD Version: 20.0.12.10
    This bug seems to have been introduced in the latest update of XD and is present on both Windows and Mac.

Steps:
    1. Click on a master component and observe that it is not the top item in the layers panel
    2. Click on a child component on the same or different artboard
    3. Click "Edit Master Component" on the child component

Actual Result:
    After clicking "edit master component", it causes the master component to go to the top of the layers panel thus resulting in it being moved forward in the Z-index. This is incredibly…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Text changed using new features does not convert in developer mode

See screen grab. Text was highlighted and changed from caps to sentence case using new casing feature. When shared for development text still showing as capitals to copy and paste.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Character styles are not tagging correctly. Changing in unexpected locations in file

I have four character styles that I am using in my file. The text is styled the way I want, but when I paste additional copy...text that is not even close to the pasted text changes style. I have before and after pictures attached to show. This has happened several times. I am on the Windows platform. Also note that the pasted text changes styles i the middle.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Design specs are stretched out on Windows 10

Bug: Design specs which are longer than 8000px are broken on Windows 10 in both Chrome and Firefox.
    Design specs appear stretched out (Chrome) and cut in half (Firefox) and clickable areas are misaligned.
    Prototypes viewed in "review mode" appear normal.

Example: https://xd.adobe.com/spec/06eb4c31-0b51-4ae7-5880-f6f5bb9b2d49-70da/screen/381f059a-6e1d-4026-a65b-567c4c3aa8e4/m-indeks-moto/

Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, 17134.829
    Chrome version 75.0.3770.142 (64 bit)
    Firefox version 68.0 (64 bit)
    XD version 21.0.12

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You can try accessing the link again or, if the error persists

Hi

I'm facing this issues in many prototype links. Can u please check and let me know the solution plz.

Thanks
    Kasi

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. プロトタイプのコメント機能で、漢字変換を確定させるためのキー操作がコメントを投稿してしまう

ウェブブラウザでプロトタイプを閲覧している時に使えるコメント機能に関するバグの報告です。

再現方法
    1. コメント入力欄に日本語を入力する
    2. 漢字変換を確定させるためにキーボードのEnterキーを押す
    3. 変換の確定と同時にコメントが投稿されてしまう。

私が期待していた動作
    1. コメント入力欄に日本語を入力する
    2. 漢字変換を確定させるためにキーボードのEnterキーを押す
    3. 漢字の変換が確定される
    4. 未確定の変換が残っていない状態でEnterキーを押すとコメントが投稿される

すでに投稿されたコメントを編集するときも同様のことが起こります。
    コメント機能がとても使いづらくなっているので急いで直していただきたいです。

この現象を確認した日
    2018/5/23
    (5月上旬の時点では「期待していた動作」の通り動いていました)

環境
    Mac OSX 10.12.6
    Google Chrome 66.0.3359.181

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Overridden properties are reset after the linked component updated

Overridden child components will be reset/removed after the parent linked component updates.
    Watch the `bug demo` video in the attachment for more details.

This Bug can be reproduced by following steps:
    1. Create a new XD file.
    2. Copy all three components in `source file` to the new file created in step 1.
    3. Replace `icon-oval` with `icon-rect` in the `list-cell` copied in step 2.
    4. Override the fill color of `icon-rect` to #ff0000(or any different color).
    5. Switch back to `source file`. Update the text position in the master component of `list-cell`.
    6. Save the changes of `source file`. …

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Sean, Su

Thanks for your report, including the steps and movie. It is reproducible, and I have logged a bug internally for it.

In general, overrides in linked components are respected. But in this case, the bug occurs when you have replaced a nested component in a linked component, and then make a new component from this linked component. After updating the master component in the source file, the replaced nested component does indeed revert back to the prior nested component in the linked component, so the “replaced” override is getting lost.

As a temporary workaround until it’s fixed, if you instead first create the new component from the linked component and then replace the nested component – when you update the master component in source you won’t encounter the bug.

Kind regards,
    Joe

16. Pasting clipboard shapes while editing the artboard name freezes the software

If I copy shapes to the clipboard and accidentally paste it while editing the artboard name the software almost crashes, takes around 3-5 mins to come back and paste the SVG code of the shapes I did copy before.
    I wish you guys could block the ability to paste the shapes SVG codes while editing the artboard name.
    This silly mistake has been happening a lot to me, renaming artboards properly is something crucial for my work and I'm used to copying and pasting other artboard names and edit just a part of it. But it happens that between renaming…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dragging elements off artboard become hidden (intermittently)

Weird issue I noticed happening the other day, and again just now. Some elements stay linked to the artboard they previously occupied even after I've dragged them off. I don't always notice this has happened, until I select an artboard and notice elements surrounding it suddenly appear, then disappear when the artboard is deselected.

1. Version 15.0.12.8

2. Select an element and drag it off an artboard.

3. I expect the element to stay visible; I expect the element to stay visible even though it is not attached to an artboard.

4. Sometimes the selected/dragged element immediately becomes hidden, even…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Component overrides buggy with duplication/copy & paste

I can't believe Adobe has shipped this version of Xd, this is the latest in a long line of bugs that is making my week really really difficult.

Components seem to retain overrides randomly.

1. v 19.1.22.6

- Create master component (text using character style, icons) in document A. (Also, why isn't this instance automatically assigned as the master?)
    - Use component on artboard in this document. Make a text change.
    - Paste this artboard into a new document (B). Component is linked.
    - This component has randomly overriden the text styles and content (neither now match the master…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  10 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Nested components inside repeat grids don't update

1. Adobe XD 19.1.22.6
    2. Make repeat grid with component > Make the repeat grid its own component > Override a property of the nested component (in the repeat grid).
    3. Expect the parent component to update with the override
    4. The parent component dont update
    5. file attached

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9

Hi, i have a very annoying problem with the latest XD version. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9.

I've tried with a couple different files but the upload is really slow across the board. Please help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base