Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sharing for development only brings in prototype artboards

I have multiple artboards but when creating a link to share with development, the link only pulls in artboards with prototype connections. It should pull in all artboards of the file, as one would expect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Development spec link send to prototype link

When i try to generate a dev spec it create a prototype link. We're to users having seen that mistake.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why only grid view prototypes

It's a nice idea with the grid. But my view is divided on section. So an absolute must that I need the old view again. It has to be possible to switch between the old and the new (grid) view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outgoing and ingoing Wiring in prototype mode are all in the same color

In the past, selecting an artboard showed outgoing wiring links in blue.
    Now all wiring in the same color which make it hard to distinct between the outgoing and ingoing wiring links

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 'Reset to master' component drops prototype links from master

If you choose 'Reset to master' from a child component, it breaks/drops any prototype links that are on the master and on the child. This should not be the case. The master component should be the 'source of all truth' for design AS WELL AS prototype linkage. So when you 'Reset to master' from a child component it should pick up all prototype links from the master and attached them to the said child instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi James,

Sorry to be a little late getting back to this, and thanks for the extra information and file.

As I referred to in my first reply, what we make sure to do is to not lose any existing links on an instance when you reset it to master, and that is indeed the case. Prototype linking Is not a property of components, but a document-specific action that is applied to an instance in Prototype mode, so it’s not something that could be retained as part of the component definition as it is today.

Regarding your idea for making a link on a master component link a property of the component definition (or something similar), please feel free to log a feature request here in UserVoice for what you had in mind. Keep in mind that although components are defined at the document level, linked components can be made from…

6. Icon (Zoom)

Added a zoom icon, but the same icon is used for searches (magnifying glass). That is, at first I thought they had added a search engine, but it was actually a zoom mechanism.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. No scrollbars in prototypes, Safari / Mac

Hi

A few months ago I reported this bug and it still seems not to work.

In the link below is a simple prototype - however in my Safari-browser (iMac) there is no way to scroll down to the bottom of the page. I have used XD for a few years now and there has always been scrollbars.

Am I missing something, am I the only one with this problem? Same bug in Firefox...

Can anyone see the scrollbar which is supposed to be there?

https://xd.adobe.com/view/c4b81251-eb55-46e4-71ae-fc1d3a70aee7-b289/?fullscreen

Regards,
    Henrik

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Repeat grid in Repeat grid

If repeat grid placed inside repeat grid, changing any text within child repeat grid will also change every corresponding text filed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  3 comments  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Component size different from group size

I have a group that is 232 px wide. When I turn it into a component it makes the component 233 px wide. I would hope that turning it into a component does not add arbitrary pixels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share review upgrade plan?

I try to share review a second prototype. It says I can't and have to upgrade my plan, but i have a Creative Cloud All apps membership, so that doesn't seem right. Im logged in on CC app and everything and updated and reinstalled XD already

Windows 10
    XD 20.1.12.4 (Starter??)

I don't use kuvito like another topic suggests

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  3 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. YouTube Tutorial (Help Content) not updated for "fix position when scrolling" checkbox

The checkbox for "fix position when scrolling" has been moved from Design tab to Prototype tab.

But the YouTube Tutorial still shows the old layout which might confuse new users.

https://youtu.be/3__DNhzbYeU

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Right mouse click cannot click through objects within a group

xd version 20.1.12.4
    MacOS 10.14.5

Problem: The right mouse click using the Select tool does not click down through the objects with a group. It just selects the topmost grouped item. I also cannot change the name of an artboard because while I can click on it, it won't provide me the text field to rename it. Same thing happens when I try to rename layers.

I should add that once in a while it does select objects properly, but most of the time it's does not, thus the bug.

I've tried this with the Logitech M100 mouse, the Anker…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Linked components not reacting to edit fill color in assets

I import my entire iconography from an xd cloud file, each icon is a component. In my app design file i coloured all of these components with a colour from my assets panel; when changing the colour in the asset panel, the icon colour doesn't change.

In my use case i have a huge iconography which is used over several apps. The branding/colour of the icons depends on which app it is used in.

When a colour from the asset panel is used to fill a linked component the linked components in my document should adapt when i edit the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  3 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. incorrect colors from illustrator import

when I create items in Illustrator and import, the colors are too strong. If I copy something from XD in to AI, they are too dull. They need to be the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. FIX POSITION WHEN SCROLLING BUTTON DISAPPEARED!

From last month I updated my XD to the latest version until now, I can not find the button"fix position when scrolling".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mask with Shape issue in Windows without the Menu Bar

On a Windows machine (running Windows 10 I believe), I can't seem to Mask with Shape because there is no system Menu Bar to choose Object > Mask with Shape. I can do this fine on a Mac because the os system menu is present. On the Windows device I've tried the appropriate Keyboard Shortcut, but still no success.

Is this a bug, or is there another way to Mask with Shape on a Windows machine without the system Menu Bar?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delay option has been vanished form Prototype Mode

After the latest update of Adobe XD I has come to notice that there is no delay option in the interaction area. In previous versions I always found it under Duration input. Please have a look. This is horrible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix element position is not showing since new update

Version 20.0.12.10 update has removed my option for fixing element position. Can you please help me solve this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fixed position checkbox is missing.

Where is the fixed position checkbox?

Version of Adobe XD - 20.0.12.10
    Steps to reproduce the issues - select any element
    Expected result - to have a checkbox for fixed position in right-hand side menu
    Actual result - no checkbox for fixed position.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save as new doesn't update preview link

After saving a prototype as a new file, it still uses the same preview link. I would assume the the intended behavior is that it generates a new link.

You scared the **** out of me yesterday when my team reached out to me asking what happened to the original preview. For a moment I thought I had overwritten the actual prototype and lost all 50 pages...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base