Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [win 10] Artboards need to match sizes now to have diffferent transitions

I just updated to the 12th of march 2018 update and to my disappointment you guys broke XD.

For no apperent reason, and without mentioning it in the change notes now artboards have to be the same size to have different transitions?

Seriously why the F*** did you guys mess up the perfectly fine functionality we had, and have this arbitrary change?

Please fix this ASAP!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Published specs requires sign in / sign up for the developers to veiw the spec'd screens

Published spec links are behind a sign-in/sign-up wall.

Our app devs don't use Adobe products so requiring login is a blocker and different from the shared prototypes.

Any reason for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Zoom depends on Key Combo

On Windows if you want to Zoom out, there is the Key Combo:
    Ctrl + Alt + Space

Then you can zoom out but only if you hit the keys in correct order.
    If you press:
    Ctrl + Space + Alt (in this order)
    it works.
    But if you press:
    Ctrl + Alt + Space
    there is no zoom.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Problems with Font size & color

We habe the problem, that we can't see a diffrent color of an Text, when it is in the same Textbox.
    Example: I habe a Textfield with black text and 3 words in blue. i can't see the color code from this words.
    The same problem i have with different sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings Sarah:

When you have different colored text in the same object, you can click into it and place cursor within the text you wish to learn the color value (which appears in the Fill color well in the properties panel).

Let me know if I have misunderstood and we can work on figuring out what’s going on.

Thanks!
    Nina
    XD Community Quality Manager

5. Window size not saved on close

When I size my XD window and close the app I expect the app window to stay the same size on the next launch. But the current behavior is that the app window resets to a small size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. grid layout

V 2.0.32.10

When turning grid-layouts on and off using Shift+CMD+' the opacity increases and seems to break the alpha slider

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi maundytime,

This is behaving as designed. We use line spacing (space between baselines), not line height (space a line fits in). So the height of two line of text is first line ascender + line spacing + last line descender. So that first line ascender + last line descender = 20. So the height of text is going to be 20 + line spacing value (at that font size + font combination).

8. Missing next/previous buttons on web viewer

When viewing prototype on the web viewer, the next and previous buttons have disappeared, along with the functionality of using the left and right arrow keys.

This feature is used in our production to work off a specific artboard by our PO's, QA, and developers.

This is happening in v0.8.22.17 beta as well as v1 (PC and Mac)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently implemented a new feature based on user feedback: forums.adobe.com/message/9901010#9901010. To see the arrows, open the comments by clicking on the speech bubble in the upper right hand corner of the shared web prototype.

-Elaine

9. Web Preview not correct full size

Preview not correct size

When I publish and share a layout it doesn't come out right in terms of size, instead it scales in what seems like some sort of dynamic system? For instance, when I view a shared web layout of 1280x800 px it doesn't show as a 1280x800px in the browser. It just scales much smaller. I've tested in on different screen resolutions. This also applies to the 120x120px image thats possible to upload in the shared session, it get way out of proportion and doesn't retain its aspect ratio.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saves on exit even when I don't explicitly save

Ver 0.6.24.10 beta Windows 10

When I close the window (quit the program) there is no prompt asking if I want to save; it just closes and saves.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Im using windows 10, latest update, Im not getting the menu on top and it does not start up the same way as on my mac laptop.

The menu is not visible and the popup "lets design an app" is not coming up. I do not have a choice of new design. tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m moving this to Not a Bug based on the various comments from bchin and Dirk. You can read about Windows 10 (and the fact that we’re not at parity yet) here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/adobe-experience-design-cc-beta-now-available-on-windows-10/

We have some features you might want to upvote in UserVoice, and they’re generally prefixed with [Windows]. For instance, the Start screen: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/17676085

Here’s a list of features that are and aren’t in: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/adobe-xd-windows.html

You might also want to visit the Windows-specific tutorial pages instead of the Mac ones to walk you through what’s currently available: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/how-to/adobe-xd-design-app-windows-10.html?set=experience-design--whats-new--dec_2016

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

12. Layers and option icons missing

Version of Adobe XD: windows 0686
    Steps to reproduce the issues: run application
    Expected result: display 2 icons on lower left corner
    Actual result: no icons are dispayed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Selection across groups

It doesn't seem to be possible to select elements within a group and elements outside of that group (possibly in a different group) at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Starting Nov 2: Sharing error "Please update XD to use the Share Online feature" OR Error 44

Cannot upload sharelinks on any recent projects (no prior problem)

attached is a grab of the problem dialogue, reassurance of current version and XD version info

Many thanks, I've really enjoyed using XD up to this point.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Chris,
    Sorry for the confusion. There is a new version of XD available today. If you go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, you should see an update available. If you do not see it, click the gear icon and select “Check for app updates”.

Once you update to the latest version of XD (0.6.2.7 Beta) you will be able to share. Note that we have updated the location in Creative Cloud where prototypes are stored, so while old prototype URLs will continue to work, updates to prototypes will create new URLs.

if you have any questions, please feel free to email AdobeXDSharingSupport@adobe.com

15. Intallatione in wrong language

I try to install XD in Italy, but the installationis in German language.
    Last chat with adobe support has not solved the problem

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

I don’t think we heard back, so I’m going to close this bug. Please note that there is only one installer for XD; we display the application in the language you have set for your operating system language, not what you set in the Creative Cloud. If you’d like finer grained control, please do file this as a feature request!

Thanks,

-Elaine

16. Paste text w/tab stops from AI - tabs lost

Using 0.5.15.14

When pasting Illustrator text into XD that contains tabs the tab formatting is lost. In previous versions the tab spacing was preserved - would separate tabbed content into individual blocks. Now the tabs are removed and spacing is collapsed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. zoom

Hi,
    the zoom via opt-mouse-up (magic mouse on mac) works the opposite way as in all other CC-apps (Ai, Ps)

XD: opt-mouse-scroll-up => zoom in
    Ai, Ps: opt-mouse-scroll-up => zoom out

Using:
    XD 0.5.0.4
    OSX 10.11.4 and Magic mouse

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wrong color is inserted

As you can see in the video attached, there occurs a bug when selecting a color. In this case it's a blue that changes its tone after closing the color-window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen Recording

"Stop Recording" tool tip appears in the rendered movie file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base