Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FontAwesome export on the Mobile Xd App (Android)

I have been using the mobile Xd App, and I have to say, it's really useful to get the designs in their intended context.

I am using our corporat font, and it's displaying nicely on the app.
    One font we're using here is FontAwesome, and these don't display on the (android) mobile Xd app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile preview app: Sophia Pro font doesn't appear correctly

I just tried the new mobile app for preview of the mobile designs and I don't see the correct fonts. In desktop app i have a typekit font Sophia Pro but when i preview it on the mobile app there are different fonts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiselected objects across multiple artboards show global/canvas x, y instead of x, y position relative to artboard

1. place multiple elements on an artboard, some are overflowing

2. select all

3. change the Y position in the numeric value field

result:
    change actually occurs according to the number you entered, but the X and Y values are distorted

coordinates

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Grid Columns - margins overriding gutter and column widths

I am unable to create a column grid with the gutters and column widths of my choice, as the margins automatically override my values.

e.g. I have a document 1600px wide, and I want a 12 column grid where the columns are 100px and the gutters 20px. I want the margins to just occupy the remaining space (e.g. 90px). However, margins appear to take priority over any dimension - setting a gutter width causes the column width to automatically adjust to another figure, and visa versa.

Adobe XD needs an option to set which two values - gutter width, column…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pasting elements in shape while in path edit permamently converts shape to path

How to replicate (copied from another thread):

1. Create a rectangular shape using the rectangle tool.

2. Add a corner radius to the rectangle.

3. With the rectangle select it, double click it to enter path edit mode.

4. Paste a previously copied shape, text or group while the rectangle is in path edit mode.

Outcome: Items will be pasted, and the rectangle will now be a path element, meaning you won't be able to edit its border radius via the properties panel.

You have closed many threads similar to this before with "not-a-bug-as-designed" status. In my opinion, such a design can cause a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FIXED BUTTON

The FIXED button should be in the design section and not the prototype, because to enter the prototype you have to have at least 2 art boards, this is a mistake in navigation, the baby button to return to its first section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fixed Elements are gone in Version 20.0.12.10

Ever since the new update there is no option for fixed elements. I have to download the old version but then I can´t use my new projects since it´s telling me to upload the new version. I have a deadline for a project next week and I´m in an extreme pickle. If you guys just moved this function pls respond to me as soon as possible how I can fix elements in the new version so I don´t have to jump off my balkony befor giving my prototype like a mess to my boss

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. XD asks to upgrade to share prototype online

When I want to share a prototype online (for development and for review), I'm getting the message: 'Upgrade to create unlimited links to share with developers'.
    I already have an Adobe CC license. I'm signed in with the right account.
    I've tried uninstalling and installing Adobe XD again, but that didn't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share for Development/Share for Review Issue

I'm using XD Version 16.0.2
    I updated my prototype and design spec links, and instead of updating with my 13 artboards that I have created, it only shows 2.
    I have artboards for ipad, mobile, and desktop within the same file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. XD (14.0.42) not accepting files of new version of XD (15.0.12)

Version of Adobe XD: 14.0.42

Open any XD file created in new version of XD (15.0.12).

Expected result: Opening a file.

Actual result: XD asks to install a new version.

However, new updated XD version can't export artboards and elements to After Exffects. And I need this function so much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Prototype

1) Version: 14.0.42.14
    2) While prototyping major effort is disappeared. In 1st picture we dont know how many Art boards are being selected and are linked.In the 2nd image i could only see only 1/4 screen but as per 1st image more than 4 screens are linked. There could be an option showing "No of Art boards are being linked". So, that we dont have to manually account the Artboard every time to re-confirm in the Prototype link.
    3. Knowing no.of linked artboards would help before creating a Sharing link so that we dont miss out on any artboard
    4.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Icon Pixelated!!!

Copying icon from illustrator and pasting on XD document is getting pixelated this was not happening before the December updated!!
    Have tried saving in SVG format too still not working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mask animation not showing on prototype

As you can see in the video. The masked animation of a button-progressbar shows properly within adobe xd and on the video however on the prototype it doesn't display properly or at all.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/8e2bc891-8b05-4fb4-7ae1-42d3efac2819-f81a/

I tested in chrome, safari and firefox. all latest version as of today.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Missing fonts message in WidowsUI.xd official toolkit

Adobe XD: Version 11.0.22.10 (Starter), Clreative Cloud Sync 4.0.0.46

When I open in XD official Microsoft WindowsUI.xd project (for reference files see below) I've got a message:
    "These missing fonts will be sobstituted with the system font until they become available:
    - Full MDL2 Assets-Regular"

It is very similiar to bug https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/31918690-missing-fonts-xd-can-t-locate-installed-system-fo but this time on Windows OS.

All assets have been downloaded form addresses pointed on Microsoft page - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design-downloads/index
    Specifically:
    Adobe XD toolkit - https://aka.ms/adobexdtoolkit
    Segoe UI and MDL2 icon fonts (Mac only) - https://aka.ms/SegoeFonts
    Hololens icon font (Windows only) - https://aka.ms/hololensiconfont

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the update. This is working as expected.

Given that the missing font file provided by MS is Mac-only you can upgrade CC license to paid and install missing fonts via Adobe Fonts. There may be similar font files available which are free. But you may have issues in terms of spacing or visual display.

Note that missing fonts will not prevent use of the UI Kit. You can also work with whatever font installed in your system.

Best!
    Nina

16. Character styles not working

Hi,

XD version 11.0.22.10
    Mac OS X 10.11.6

I seem to have an issue on both of my computers with the newest update of XD with character styles.

On previous versions of XD, I could apply a character style to text by selecting the text and clicking on a style box over on the left panel. This no longer seems to work.

Is there a way for me to clear my XD preferences — perhaps I have a bug at my end? Or is this a known issue?

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Many thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Asset Panel Doesn't work when in List view.

The asset panel doesn't work when it is in list view.
    for example if i have a text selected and i click on the charchter style while it is in list view the charchter style doesn't get applied to the selected text same issue with colors.
    I have demonstraded this in the attached video.
    i am on version 10.0.12.9 the latest version as of today.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting artboard as overlay clears fill

When an artboard is set to overlay another one, the fill is removed i.e. it becomes transparent.

1. Enter Prototype mode

2. Create a transition

3. Select overlay

4. On target overlay, appearance > fill: becomes unticked.

5. Switch back from overlay to transition: fill is restored.

I considered whether this is a weird design feature - but it is not documented, and this does not occur in the blog demo video posted (where a grey-black overlay is added and the fill persists - https://theblog.adobe.com/june-2018-release-adobe-xd-overlays-fixed-elements/ ).

Adobe XD 9.1.12.3 on Windows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Design specs + prototypes = Design specs will only show artboards that are used in the prototypes

When I'm using both design specs and prototypes the design specs will only show artboards that are used in the prototype. Other artboards are missing in the design specs and that's not what I want to happen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings:

Alas, what you’re describing is working the way it’s currently designed. I totally hear you. I would love to have an option at publish that let’s select what to publish so it can all be managed in one file. We do have a feature request for this, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32675683-option-to-publish-all-screens-even-without-prototy I encourage you to add your vote.

Hope this helps!
    Nina

20. When adjusting layout margins, the values don't stay linked

See attached screen recording.

Whenever I try to change the margin values of the layout it keeps unlinking leading to separate left and right margins. Which leaves the overall grid not centered.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-as-designed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base