Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overlay on overlay does not work

When I use an overlay on top of an overlay it doesn't work. The first overlay can be a pop up to schedule an event, the second overlay is a date drop down for instance. When I want the date dropdown to appear the whole schedule (first) overlay disappears and only the date dropdown is visible.

This is a pretty big UX bug as now I cannot make any dropdowns on an overlay to work as they would in real life.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creative Cloud library doesn't show transparence

My creative cloud-library feels buggy. The icons are displayed on a white background, so icons which are white are not visible and it is guess work, what is what. Would prefer it like illustrator shows them.

Additionally the icons, once they are dropped into the XD-document are often times cut or in misshape. Would love to have this feature running well.

My programs run on the newest version - working on a Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. {Windows}Soft Return [Shift +Enter] is ignored when paragraph spacing is applied.

Repro Steps:
    1. Create two identical blocks of text
    2. In first block of text insert a new paragraph (Hard Return) - press [Enter]
    3. Select all the text of the first block and add paragraph spacing (I used 40 to exaggerate)
    4. Note the space between the two paragraphs increases to 40 px(?) {expected}
    5. Second bock of text at the same point add a soft return - press [Shift + Enter]
    6. Select the all the text in the second block and add a paragraph spacing of 40.
    7. Note that the point where the soft return was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to multi-set prototype links when an object doesn't have any existing interaction

Version:
    XD20

Reproduce:
    - Create two rectangles
    - Select them both
    - Go to Prototype mode
    - There's no way to set interactions from both of these elements.

Expected result:
    - I am able to batch-set interactions for all of the objects
    Why? If the two rectangles have interactions before I am able to change it for both of them - why not for objects that have no interaction?

Actual result: Unable to interact with interaction panel

Video:
    https://www.loom.com/share/35c8da0a3efc45feb481c11c295ba942

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Problem with Typing Text in Farsi/Persian Language

Characters disappear in Farsi language while typing and selected text, but after type mode it shows the text well. it wouldn't let you to see what you are typing and what can you select in a typed text in Farsi.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cannot update multiple images on a Component inside of a Repeat Grid

I know you can drop in multiple images and have them propagate throughout elements inside of a Repeat Grid, but it does not work when you use Components? It only adds an image to the first element. This kind of renders the combination of Design Systems (with Components like 'Cards' for example) and the Repeat Grid function null and void currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export PNG option

I had a problem recently, when I export a Photoshop image in PNG and re-import the same image in XD and export the same image increases the size of the KB. I discovered that PNG with photoshop exports with 24bit and XD exports to 32bit, causing the image to increase its size. It would be important to think about the export in the part of the PNG with option of 8bit, 24bit and 32bit so that this increase does not happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Parsing paragraphs from Photoshop to XD

Adobe XD version: 19.2.22.3 (Starter)

There is an issue with paragraphs when opening PSD into XD.
    If you create a paragraph with a certain height and set baseline shift property it shifts out of place when opened with XD.

As for now, there are two ways:
    1) use photoshop to convert text fields to point text
    2) use xd to convert all text fields to point text and adjust the position

Problem: Both of these ways are too slow.

We have many artboards and they are layer heavy we had to separate them in multiple PSDs because they are starting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  4 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preview page like in the browser

when I press the play on the prototype option I can see the whole artboard and not like it suppose to.
    for example, when I'm on the home page I need to see only the jumbo and not the footer
    see an example of how it should look (img1)
    and how I see it (img2)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. drag and drop into repeat grid not working on components

1. version 19.1.22.6
    2. Create a component, use repeat grid to make multiples of that component.
    drag multiple images over a shape.
    3. It's supposed to fill each instance of the repeat grid with another image from the group.
    4. It doesn't fill all the shapes, only the first one.
    5. File attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto save changes focus away from work

As a user, I want to be able to adjust the auto save frequency on cloud documents so that I have more control over my system and my file, and my workflow is not interrupted.

Right now, the auto save seems to save my work every X edits, which would be great if XD didn't slow down or freeze during this, unfocus typing, and generally interrupt my entire workflow.

For example this just happened to me again: I manually saved a document. Then I clicked into an element (not component) and adjusted the text, then I clicked on the parent…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Grouping Art-boards (Enclose with Rectangle)

When I build complicated APPs, I try to group them so be more clear what is where.

But when I draw rectangle it is impossible to enclose ArtBoards with Rectangle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mouse scroll sellect

Why mouse scroll is disabled when selecting objects? This is annoying when selecting large group of objects to move in mobile design. I must zoom-out whole object and the is difficult to select it properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Bug]Coordinates inside a component is not relative

Expected behaviour:
    When you create a new component the coordinates of any object inside that component have to be relative to the component anchor point (top left) since constraints are relative.

Actual behaviour:
    The coordinates of any object inside a component are relative to the artboard which makes the data inconsistent with constraints.

Use cases, problems and implications:
    - Impossible to create consistent padding\margins across multiple components.
    - Impossible to maintain and check the spacing, paddings and margins across new elements in the design system (for ex. created by junior/mid designers)
    - Impossible to automate design testing during dev ops…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. problems in input filed

i cant select the width, height, font type..etc
    my windows is 10 - V1803 - os bulid 17134.765
    adobe xd V19.0.22.9
    * the problem is coming when i used Arabic & English input

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When text is highlighted, changing character style (px size, font weight) needs 2 clicks to see the drop down.

When text is highlighted, changing character style (px size, font weight) needs 2 clicks to see the drop down. Then another click to change font weight. This is annoying as I expect the menu to drop down after 1 click (normal).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On Open Maximise the XD Screen

When I open XD the screen is not maximised or I appear not to have the ability to set it to maximise on open (don't know if this has been reported before I was unable to find any mention of this).
    If I manually maximise the screen/artboard then open an existing project all is fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Highlight on canvas

The 'Highlight on canvas' feature is hard to see the highlight on large files. A more prominent call to attention would help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

not-a-bug-feature-request  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Responsive Resize: Fix to Left/Top/Right/Bottom should be FIXED, not "Fixed until opposing side touches element then it's Fixed to that."

Currently, when you select turn on "Responsive Resize", then "Manual", selecting "Fixed to [Direction]" the element is only fixed to that direction until the opposing direction touches the element, for which the element is now pushed by that opposing direction and no longer Fixed to the Original Direction you set initially.

Current behavior: If element is 100-pixels from the left and it is fixed to the left, dragging the artboard from right-to-left will keep the element locked to left UNTIL the right edge touches the element and pushes it out of the left of the artboard. Overriding the "Fixed to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base