Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. the shortcut key for zoom in changed?

Until the last version, I believe Shft+Ctrl+- worked as zoom in, but doesn't seem working with the latest XD 22.

If you use a Japanese keyboard, "Shift+;" is "+", which means you'll be pressing the same keys for both "lock guides" and "zoom in". On mac, you don't know which happens until you actually press the keys. On Win, it's been always "lock guides". So without " Shft+Ctrl+-", there is no way to zoom in without mouse if you're using Windows PC.

Here is an image that shows the layout of Japanese keyboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Japanese.svg

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ungrouping components also ungroups sub-components included

If you ungroup a component that incorporates other components, the other components are also ungrouped.

Eg: Component is a contact form, with text, line shapes and pre-existing components for text input. If I ungroup/release this, the pre-exisiting components are also released. They stay in a group, but aren't a component anymore.

I'd expect the ungrouping to only be 'one-level' deep.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm running Xd 22.0.12.12

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for the extra information – this happens with linked components that have nested components and you unlink the outer component. I believe there are historical reasons for this behavior, but it’s reasonable to say it is also unexpected behavior and so I have logged a bug internally for it.

As a workaround, you could first convert the linked component in the Assets panel to a local component, and then ungroup it. That will provide the desired behavior when you ungroup the outer component.

Thank you,
    Joe

3. Copy Paste artboard as PNG instead of svg code

Previously, when copying an artboard and pasting in slack or Jira, it would paste the image as a png file. This was incredibly handy as it kept me from having to export the artboard. I could just copy and paste the image in another program. NOW, when I copy an artboard and paste in another program, it pastes the SVG code instead of the image. This is so so frustrating and has really slowed down my workflow

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color Assets and Document Colors work differently

The functionality of the color swatches differs when either imported from another document or created in the current document. I would expect both to work the same way.

I assumed that when you change a hex color it changes that color throughout the document. With imported swatches they act more as a "style" in the sense that even though that hex is the actual color of an object if the imported swatch is not applied to the object the color will not change.

I like the idea of having styles, but I would prefer them to be called out differently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing a Photoshop Smart Object from a CC Library results in an image object of smaller size

Hi,

I have a smart object created in Photoshop that is 1280 pixels wide. I have added it to a CC Library and I am trying to import it into XD.

However, when I drag it into my XD project the resulting image object is 5 times smaller (248 pixels wide).

It should keep its original size, and not scale down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Point type soft returns not rendered on iOS app (related to 42650)

[Win] v. 21.2.12

When using soft returns (Shift + Enter) in point type fields, text fails to render correctly cross-platform.

Example: soft return renders as expected on XD for Windows, but fails to render on iOS.

Windows:
    "Line 1
    Line 2"

iOS preview app:
    "Line1Line2"

Additionally: soft returns are ignored or perhaps deleted when opening the file on macOS.

Windows:
    "Line 1
    Line 2"

Opening same file on macOS:
    "Line1Line2"

I believe this bug may be related to known issue 42650.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use of Symbol term still in context menu

I noticed that after converting some linked "components" into local components: The term "symbol" is still used in the undo option in the context menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cloud Documents - XD vs Web View

I see different sets of files saved to the Cloud in XD (when opening a file) and in the web view (when you go to Creative Cloud app, then Files -> View on Web).

See the attached image. The screenshot has been taken immediately after opening both windows at the same time. Left side: Web view (in the browser), right side: XD Open File view.

Note that both lists are sorted by name. In XD I see twi "Dialog 004 Users v4" files, in the web view - just one. In XD I see 3 "Dialog LIBRARY v4" files, in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cannot Rename objects, or Art boards, Xd freezes then crashes

XD Version: 21.1.12.3

At Present I am unable to rename any object, group, component, or art board in XD. I can double click and right click to rename it but XD doesn't accept keyboard input, or when it does it appears to white out the height or width of the attribute editor panel.

Restarting XD only appears to reset the bug and it will begin happening after a short period of work. In a recent rare case I was no longer able to deselect an object to rename another which resulted in XD crashing.

I can't share…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Jira user with apostrophe has page update issue with Adobe XD add-on

We experience an issue with Adobe XD for Jira add-on.
    We believe the issue is potentially caused by apostrophe in Jira username.

After installing the add-on, this particular user sees page ‘freezing’ whenever she updates the ticket such as comment.
    The comment gets published, but she has to refresh page to see the update.

She can reproduce the issue on two different machines (MacOS, Windows) with different browsers.
    Below is the error message in console log.

Note, when we disable the add-on, the issue goes away.

Jira version: 7.13.0
    Jira Core version: 7.13.0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. open document your computer broken

When I go to open a document from my computer the tab does not display anything. I have to click to another tab and then back to my computer again to get the modal window to display. XD version 20.0.12.11

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SVG Gradient is rendered incorrectly in XD vs Illustrator

I have a logo created in Illustrator which has a two colour gradient. When the SVG file is imported into XD, the colours of the gradient are rendered incorrectly. When that same SVG is loaded into Illustrator the gradient is identical to the source Illustrator file.

I'm also unable to edit the direction of the gradient when clicking on the fill in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Design specs are stretched out on Windows 10

Bug: Design specs which are longer than 8000px are broken on Windows 10 in both Chrome and Firefox.
    Design specs appear stretched out (Chrome) and cut in half (Firefox) and clickable areas are misaligned.
    Prototypes viewed in "review mode" appear normal.

Example: https://xd.adobe.com/spec/06eb4c31-0b51-4ae7-5880-f6f5bb9b2d49-70da/screen/381f059a-6e1d-4026-a65b-567c4c3aa8e4/m-indeks-moto/

Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, 17134.829
    Chrome version 75.0.3770.142 (64 bit)
    Firefox version 68.0 (64 bit)
    XD version 21.0.12

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Drop shadow ruins image quality when exporting to pdf/svg

When I'm trying to export my XD file in a pdf or SVG format it ruins the quality of the shape or image if I use a drop shadow. If I remove the shadow, the quality is maintained. Can you fix this problem somehow?

Adobe XD version: 21.0.12.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Overridden properties are reset after the linked component updated

Overridden child components will be reset/removed after the parent linked component updates.
    Watch the `bug demo` video in the attachment for more details.

This Bug can be reproduced by following steps:
    1. Create a new XD file.
    2. Copy all three components in `source file` to the new file created in step 1.
    3. Replace `icon-oval` with `icon-rect` in the `list-cell` copied in step 2.
    4. Override the fill color of `icon-rect` to #ff0000(or any different color).
    5. Switch back to `source file`. Update the text position in the master component of `list-cell`.
    6. Save the changes of `source file`. …

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Sean, Su

Thanks for your report, including the steps and movie. It is reproducible, and I have logged a bug internally for it.

In general, overrides in linked components are respected. But in this case, the bug occurs when you have replaced a nested component in a linked component, and then make a new component from this linked component. After updating the master component in the source file, the replaced nested component does indeed revert back to the prior nested component in the linked component, so the “replaced” override is getting lost.

As a temporary workaround until it’s fixed, if you instead first create the new component from the linked component and then replace the nested component – when you update the master component in source you won’t encounter the bug.

Kind regards,
    Joe

18. Gradients from Illustrator look wrong in XD

Sometimes artwork with gradients imported from Illustrator does not look right in XD. Please see attached an example. Also, those gradients cannot be edited on canvas in XD. The AI file with the problem is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gxdiqmtwatx7d9/feather.ai?dl=0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Exporting to After Effects issues

I'm having problems with how objects are rendered in AE after export from XD.

1. Objects with gradients are converted to JPGs
    2. Blurred object with gradient applied doesn't show up at all
    3. Shadows are rendered differently than in XD (different blur and radious)
    4. Shadows and low opacity objects don't show up in preview in AE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  35 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base