Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text changed using new features does not convert in developer mode

See screen grab. Text was highlighted and changed from caps to sentence case using new casing feature. When shared for development text still showing as capitals to copy and paste.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. eye droppper not visible in gradient

Eye dropper/Color pick tool is not visible sometime when i choose gradient to fill my rectangle or any other shape. Restarting the xd sometimes does the trick but its not working for me anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pasting clipboard shapes while editing the artboard name freezes the software

If I copy shapes to the clipboard and accidentally paste it while editing the artboard name the software almost crashes, takes around 3-5 mins to come back and paste the SVG code of the shapes I did copy before.
    I wish you guys could block the ability to paste the shapes SVG codes while editing the artboard name.
    This silly mistake has been happening a lot to me, renaming artboards properly is something crucial for my work and I'm used to copying and pasting other artboard names and edit just a part of it. But it happens that between renaming…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eye dropper tool for shadows disappears on Windows

On windows machines, i am trying to find the eye dropper tool to select shadow color but it doesnt exist. Even using the keyboard shortcut "i" doesnt bring up the eye dropper.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Component overrides buggy with duplication/copy & paste

I can't believe Adobe has shipped this version of Xd, this is the latest in a long line of bugs that is making my week really really difficult.

Components seem to retain overrides randomly.

1. v 19.1.22.6

2. Create master component (text using character style, icons) in document A. (Also, why isn't this instance automatically assigned as the master?)

3. Use component on artboard in this document. Make a text change.

4. Paste this artboard into a new document (B). Component is linked.

5. This component has randomly overriden the text styles and content (neither now match the master component).

6. I want copy and paste…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  12 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assets, color picker is missing

I just install Adobe XD 19.1.22.6
    and follow the introduction tutorial (in app and video)

In step 09, I notice that in the asset panel, when right click on a color and select "Edit", there is no more the color picker (pipette icon).

I guess that would be handy to put it back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nested components inside repeat grids don't update

1. Adobe XD 19.1.22.6

2. Make repeat grid with component > Make the repeat grid its own component > Override a property of the nested component (in the repeat grid).

3. Expect the parent component to update with the override

4. The parent component dont update

5. file attached

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text field size with bugged on edit mode with font size more than 22.

on the video included I show how it mess with block of view in edit mode.
    As I understand there are some max size of font rendering block, that are not affected when not in edit mode. If take off restriction on size that possible to view it vould be great.
    Basically on last 10-15 sec/ there are few sizes of font, if small (up to 20 or so) it displays correctly, if more than 20 it works similar to clipping mask and cut out character field in exit mode that became almost impossible to edit it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9

Hi, i have a very annoying problem with the latest XD version. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9.

I've tried with a couple different files but the upload is really slow across the board. Please help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Zoom in / Zoom out with keyboard numpad bug

Zoom in / Zoom out numpad keyboard shortcut not working anymore since latest update (cmd + "numpad +" and cmd + "numpad -")

V 19.0.22.9

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Doesn't show and charge my files

1.- 19.0.22.9
    2.- When I open Adobe XD for the first time, when I restart o turn up any of my computers.
    3.- Just open once to begin to work
    3.- I open Adobe XD and have an eternal animation without charge my documents. I can't do anything until I close the software, and I open again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Symbol instances count is incorrect

In the assets panel, a symbol tooltip may show one placed instance, but when user attempts to highlight that instance, no instance is found. See attached screenshots. (Windows, all recent versions including latest as this date.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. put back the new folder button on the save as screen

when I go to save a new file and I look into the native window for doing so the new folder button is missing. It would be great if XD worked like every other native OS save window. It should be there on the bottom left.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shift + F3 (alternate case types) undoes after click away

The only way to make the chosen casing work is to edit the text, erase the edit and click away (bug also happens on ctrl+enter).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Windows 10 Jump List Incorrect Behaviour

With XD not running, right clicking on its icon in either Start Menu or if pinned to task bar brings up the jump list as expected. The jump list is separated into two sections, "Recent" and "Recently Used Files". Clicking on an item in "Recently Used Files" does not open the file, it opens XD with no file.

Further, files are not added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from the Home screen of XD, Recent section. They are only added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from File Explorer.

Windows 10…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy paste from Illustrator doesn't work

Copy/paste a shape with an outline and a transparent fill from illustrator to XD doesn't produce anything.

It works if there is a fill or if I expand the appearance.

It seems that the bug exists only with a transparent background.

Mac OS 10.14.3
    XD 18.2.12.2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. in symbol not flipped...

If the figure in the symbol is flipped horizontally or vertically while the symbol is rotated, it is enlarged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Safari browser conflicting with show square grid shortcut (⌘+')

Version 18.1.12.1, CC 4.2.2.13
    Mac OS 10.14.4

Not sure which side it is on - could be an OS issue. It's been driving me crazy for weeks as toggling square grid on and off is probably most used shortcut. I've discovered that launching Safari stops this keyboard shortcut from working. I have checked system preferences and forums, and deactivated all the possible keyboard shortcuts I can find. The only work around I have so far, is to log out, restart my computer, and then use Chrome or Firefox. Showing Guides is unaffected (⌘+Shift+')

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Complex Animations appear jittery on Adobe XD app on iPhoneX

I created an app and the prototype runs smoothly on both the web and inside the Adobe XD application on my Macbook Pro. But when I load the prototype on my phone using a USB cable, it appears jittery.

I noticed it's only for this Adobe XD file but not my other files. I don't really know what is the problem but it is awfully slow.

Please download this file and preview this on your phone to see the jittery animation bug.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When reordering arboards, the pastboard keeps getting selected in the layerspanel for some reason

For some reason the pasteboard keeps being selected and I am unable to deselect it. Deselcting is only possible when reordering the arboards through keyboard shortcuts.

Video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vA82xDeMxc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base