Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sketch sketch import

Hi my sketch import used to working earlier with a slight alignment issues which i could fix manually which was little tedious but manageable. I have created many prototypes in XD by importing my sketch files. Today it just reached a whole new level and which i could not figure how to fix this issue. My entire sketch files when imported all the symbols and text alignments goes for a toss and is distorted. This no way can i fix it at an individual level when i have art boards more than 100+ . It is just pissing off and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sketch sketch import

Hi my sketch import used to working earlier with a slight alignment issues which i could fix manually which was little tedious but manageable. I have created many prototypes in XD by importing my sketch files. Today it just reached a whole new level and which i could not figure how to fix this issue. My entire sketch files when imported all the symbols and text alignments goes for a toss and is distorted. This no way can i fix it at an individual level when i have art boards more than 100+ . It is just pissing off and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Master component updates issue

1. I have the master component on my artboard.
    2. I update the master component.
    3. I make the component's instance from the left panel.
    4. Changes from step 2 is not applied.

Workaround:
    1. Delete the master component from the artboard.
    2. Run command "Edit master component" from the left pannel.
    3. Make changes.
    4. It's work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Interaction Action

When switching between design and prototyping, previously set interactions (set at auto-animate action with snap easing) defaulted back to transition action and dissolve easing at .2s.

Unsure if it's the specific combo or what, but it did this for entire artboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. highlight color on canvas does not highlight objects that use the color as a border

when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. side panel keeps jumping down when CMD selecting items

When selecting multiple items on the left side panel within a large group, the side panel keeps jumping to the bottom of the group when you select an item and you keep having to scroll up. It is extremely tedious when selecting multiple items within that group as you keep having to scroll back to where you selected the last item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Imported SVG from AI display wrong gradient angle

When I try to import a icon designed in AI to my XD work, XD displays the gradient color in wrong angle. View the attached file.

XD version:22.1.12.5

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Text not matching in mobile preview

The text is inside a box and have padding 10px all around,
    but on mobile preview it is not aligned.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Library Items looking jaggy when added to XD

I've noticed when you add a vector item to a CC Library, then add this library asset to an XD document it loses its accuracy/curves.

In the example attached, you can see that the BLACK text (Library item) looks way jaggier than the RED text which is copied and pasted from Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Improved component resizing" stopped working :(

The update to component resizing was *awesome*!!! However, it only worked for me for about a day, and now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore.

Previously (after the update) when I hid/made visible layers within a component, or an instance of a component, the size of the component would change to match the dimensions of the layers being shown. It stopped doing that all of a sudden, and I have no idea what could have gone wrong 😂. Any help would be great!

- Adam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear you’ve run into a problem with component bounds not updating as expected. Can you provide any steps to reproduce the problem, or share an XD file showing the problem?

In the meantime, if automatic bounds calculation isn’t working, you should be able to fix it by right-clicking the component and choosing Fit Bounds to Content.

Thanks,
    Joe

11. Component shadow cropped in preview and prototype mode

Hi, the shadow applied to a rectangle within the component is rendered cropped in preview and prototype mode, while being rendered correctly in design mode. If I ungroup the component, the shadow is rendered correctly in all modes, design, preview and prototype.
    I have downloaded latest XD update. The bounding box is fixed, but now I get this rendering error. Why?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for the added screenshots. I should have been more specific: it doesn’t happen if there’s no component with fixed position and also scrolling artboards. This is the bug.

The good news is this should now be fixed when you publish a prototype for review or development. The fix for clipping in Preview mode will be coming next.

Thank you,
    Joe

12. 无法删除某些组件

一些组件无法删除或做其它编辑,莫名其妙的少了删除选项

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unresizable Main Window Obscured by MacOS Menu Bar

On a 13" Retina MacBook Pro Early 2015 model, when launching XD, the first window that appears (presumably the primary or welcome window), where you either start a new design or open a previous one, is set to a fixed size. Unfortunately, the particular size it's set to is so large that it's covered by the MacOS menu bar on the bottom, which means it's impossible to see or read content that's underneath it unless you set the menu bar to auto-hide in the MacOS system preferences. The window doesn't allow maximization, so unless the page is large enough to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Importing assets scatters the order

After importing assets from a cloud document, the order of the assets in the panel is randomly sorted, where in the original document it is different because it has been purposefully manually organized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. REPEAT GRID BUG/PROBLEM: Bounding box expanded beyond elements with drop shadows

You've fixed the bounding issue on components but it's still a problem with the Repeat Grid function.

Look at the attached file, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Master components doesn't update components inside it

I have master component (1) with another non-master component (2) inside it.
    Than I change master component of component 2. But the changes is not update component 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Denis,

Can you please provide more details or steps? I tried reproducing the problem you reported, but when I edit the master component for the nested component (component 2, which you mention), it updates as expected in the parent component (component 1).

Thanks,
    Joe

17. Component text colour doesn't update

I have a UI Kit stored as cloud document. This kit contains a colour palette and a number of reusable components.

Some of colours defined in this UI Kit are, for example, a primary and secondary text colour.

The scenario is as follows:
    I create a new document and I import the assets from my cloud-saved UI Kit.
    I place a component, containing text, on my artboard.
    I edit the text of within the component.
    If I now go back to my master document, and edit the primary text colour, that colour does not reflect on the instances of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Aligned left elements are moving when resizing a mask

Hi there,

I have several elements in a mask, these elements are all aligned left and they all have a fixed width.

When I resize the mask they move... but only when I make the mask shorter, they do not move if I make it longer...

Any idea?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Component bounding box issue with Lines

On version 22.0.12.12 on Mac 10.14.1

When lines are turned into components they seem to have strange issues with the bounding box when resizing them. See attached video.

Not sure if it's related, but they also seem to disappear periodically from view unless I reset them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. replaced nested component position override link broken

When I swap a nested component for another and then move the original nested component the children do not change position. I would want this swapped component to retain its position link to the master.

I often create a generic component with a space for an icon or a button. When I swap in either a new state for the button, or a new icon I want to be able to move the position of this "generic" icon or button regardless of which one it actually is. See video where the circle replaces the square, I want both to respect…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base