Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suddenly missing fonts

I was working on an Xd file. Had to do a "hard" power down of my laptop. After restarting, it's showing both in my Cloud library and the file using library Roboto is missing.

I've checked Typekit and it's showing my fonts are activated.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    Jason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances

Hello XD Team,

Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances.

1. Create a master component (e.g. rectangle + text).
    2. Groupe 3 instances of this new master component and make a new master Component out of this group.
    3. Change any visual appearance withing the new big master component (eg. rectangle color / text color)
    4. paste an instance of this MC and see, that the color changes will not be displayed

this is a core functionality for us at IBM. Before this is fixed, we can not productively use XD.
    I really hope…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Missing (hidden, inaccessible) artboards

Some artboards are missing from my XD document. But when I select all (Ctrl+A), they re-appear transparent (appeared but not work-able nor clickable). But they're still exists in the prototype tho...

It first happened on my friend's Mac, when he realized he lost some artboards, he asked me to check if the same issue is also happen in my windows laptop.

We both use the latest version of XD

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot move or add the layers in the components

Once I created component, made a repeat grid, it was not allowing me to adjust the layers within the component or even add a new layer to the component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Color picker problem

Hello,
    I have a problem with the color picker when the 10-bit output on GeForce GTX is enabled.

Win10Pro
    GTX 1080 (Nvidia Studio Driver 431.70)
    XD 22.1.12.5

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Is "make local component" removed in recent release?

When I right-click a linked component there's no option to make it local anymore.
    Is this a bug or you removed this function?
    It's quite useful, please don't remove it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Color picker wrong color spectrum displayed

From some time I'm facing the issue with the XD color picker. I don't know the steps to reproduce it, but it really affects my workflow. The issue is still occurring, even after updating the graphics driver and after few releases of XD

Windows 17, 17763 (Managed by the company)
    Graphic drivers - Nvidia R430 U5 (431.70) WHQL (For quadro P600)
    Adobe XD version - August 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe XD uses Mobile Data vs WiFi

I have a problem/bug. I was working in Live Preview Adobe XD (iPhone X App) with turned on WiFi (!) and mobile data (on iPhone X) and connected to my Desktop PC via USB (Windows 10). And after some time, I have received a message from my mobile carrier that my mobile data reached 100% for this month. I know this is impossible because there was plenty left. I know this was used by Adobe XD. I'm in the process of switching from Photoshop to XD. And this is the only new thing I was using this month.

About the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cannot copy elements to other documents. Some documents don't register changes and Undo/Redo doesn't work. in latest XD update22 Aug 2019.

Cannot copy elements to other documents. Some documents don't register changes and Undo/Redo doesn't work. in latest XD update22 Aug 2019.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save as new document automatically autosaves the previous document

Saving the current project as a new one after making changes automatically trigers saving the current changes to both of the files.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open up a project (for example "document.xd")
    2. Make some changes
    3. Save it as "document_alternative.xd"
    4. Both - document.xd and document_alternative.xd are now the same file

In every other app from the CC, the "Save as" feature is saving just the new instance of the document, and automatically lets you work with it. The previous one is not updated. Is it a design? If so it can be really misleading, I have lost…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Aspect ratio is correct but it won't fit to screen when using mobile preview app

when I have a 360x640 artboard it has the exact same aspect ratio as a 1080x1920 phone. however when viewing the proto on that phone, or any of several phones that match that aspect ratio, the artboard doesn't fit to the screen, and instead all the way around the board it leaves a black space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Undo (cmd+z) stops working

Undo stops working specifically after copying and then pasting a component. The undo command is greyed out in the menu and the key command is inoperable for any subsequent changes. You have to shut down the project and reopen to resolve it. I'm having to be careful not to paste any components at the moment.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot drag layers that are inside a masked group

It is currently not possible to drag a layer to change its position in the layer panel if the object is within a masker group (includes repeat grids).

I'm already used to using the Ctrl [ and ] shortcut to move layers up and down, but I still find myself sometimes dragging the layer out of convenience and forgetting it doesn't work. I also see other users often mention the same issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. polygon tool. when i create a polygon, i cannot use up and down arrow to add or decrease sizes

1. version 22.0.12.12, and i am using a window 10 system PC
    2. create a triangle by using polygon tool, and press up and down arrow key
    3. i expect the size would be increased or decreased.
    4. the size doesn't change but the shape start move up or down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy Paste artboard as PNG instead of svg code

Previously, when copying an artboard and pasting in slack or Jira, it would paste the image as a png file. This was incredibly handy as it kept me from having to export the artboard. I could just copy and paste the image in another program. NOW, when I copy an artboard and paste in another program, it pastes the SVG code instead of the image. This is so so frustrating and has really slowed down my workflow

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unable to drag layers of elements or components

1. Version 21.2.12.3 (Starter) running on Windows 10 Home.
    2. Keep left mouse button pressed while hovering a component or element layer to move (drag).
    3. Rearrange layers, drop them into an existing folder or artboard in case of components.
    4. Nothing happens. Layers remain static.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Undo and save option stop working after movig elements to different artboard

Undo option dissapears as well as save (only save as stays) after alt+move element from one artboard to another.

version 21.2.12.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Undo (cmd + z) stops working

When i've been working in a document for a little while, I suddenly lose the option to undo. cmd + z doesn't do anything and the menu option to undo becomes greyed out. This could seriously mess up a project. The option to undo comes back when I reopen the project. I saw that this was marked as "bug fixed" when someone else submitted it but I've had this happen at least once a week maybe less than that for the past couple months.

Environment details:
    - macOS 10.14.6
    - Adobe XD version 21.1.12.3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Eyedropper Reticle Renders Slowly/Strangely

The eyedropper reticle renders very strangely and sort of disappears. Visually, the reticle gets locked at fixed point on the screen and then dissolves in the direction the pointer is moving.

I'm using:

macOS Mojave v10.14.5
    Adobe XD v21.1.12.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cannot Rename objects, or Art boards, Xd freezes then crashes

XD Version: 21.1.12.3

At Present I am unable to rename any object, group, component, or art board in XD. I can double click and right click to rename it but XD doesn't accept keyboard input, or when it does it appears to white out the height or width of the attribute editor panel.

Restarting XD only appears to reset the bug and it will begin happening after a short period of work. In a recent rare case I was no longer able to deselect an object to rename another which resulted in XD crashing.

I can't share…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base