Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Child components (former symbols) in child file randomly differ from parent components in parent file

1. Version 19.1.22.6
    2. I created a master/parent file with symbols and used them in child files
    3. After extending/ the master/parent file with components and updating the child files, components that I did not even touch in the master broke in the child files (for an example see screenshot)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can't create share link with a password

I made a design, clicked on "Share", checked "Require Password", entered a password , then "create link" button is disabled. When I uncheck "Require Password", I can click "create link". Image attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error 49

It doesn't allow me to save my file after editing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the keyboard shortcut for "Mark for Export" doesn't work

I pressed the control+command+E for keyboard shortcut of Mark for Export,
    but it didn't work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Má funcionamento de atalhos

Faz algum tempo que estou tendo bastante problemas na aplicação.
    Algumas teclas no teclado não respondem, como o espaço para movimentar as telas e também o "CTRL+Z", nem sempre responde.

Peço ajuda quanto a essas funcionalidades não estarem respondendo!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Viewport problems when resizing the XD app window

When I resize the Adobe XD window, the zone where I can see my prototype does not follow properly. I get stuck with a non-usable area. I can only fix it by closing and reopening Adobe XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Mac OS X]"undo " function doesn't work after these steps

[Mac OS X]"undo " function doesn't work after these steps:
    I found that after I've done these operations, I can't use the function: Edit->undo anymore, here are the steps I followed:
    1. right-click the Symbols;
    2. select "推送重写"/"Push Overrides";
    then you will find you can't use the undo function anymore until you reopen the file.
    what I want to change in the symbol is to change the word "action" to the ******* words "返回", you can try this and fix this ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My project just disappear...

I've created a new file, work a few mins, then I save this > ctrl+s > New folder name > my project title > ok. After that I work 10-20 mins and every 5 mins I press ctrl+s, then I close it and after few mins want to open my file, but it just disappear, even with folder that I've created... I've started a search > type title in project search > find it in Recent files, but it was just a label with pop-up window "This file doesn't exist"... WTF???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AdobeXD Crashes when moving layer up and down.

XD crashed when moving a specific layer down or up in the bar on the left

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Linked symbols are not updated

If a document contains linked symbols, these are displayed again and again in the changed status.

If you update the symbols, save the document, close it and then open it again, exactly the same symbols will be marked as changed again.

That's annoying.

Adobe XD 18.1.12.1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. (Mac) All artboards shifted to bottom and cut off my artboards.

When I opened my Adobe XD file on Mac, which I've been editing regularly, it looked like this and was unable to move the artboard back to its original position. I resolved it by restarting my computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chrome crashes when pasting from XD

This happens every 5 times or so, but when it does, the Chrome tab dies completely.

1. Select an XD artboard
    2. Press cmd+c
    3. Switch to Chrome (slides. google.com)
    4. Paste onto a slide

Actual: Works fine 4 out of 5 times. But that's bad if you're pasting dozens of designs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Opening Sketch 53 documents breaks symbols

Type and icons behave in strange and unexpected ways. See attached for what the symbols look like in Sketch and what XD does with them.

I believe there are nested symbols and XD ignores any changes to the nested symbols.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Crash on Window Resize in Win10

This seems like an old bug has been re-instantiated. The issue:
    XD starts in a small window and resizing it causes the program to crash

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Elements from CC library disappear after dragging and loading in XD

This only happens to one of my three CC libraries. I drag an element from the library to Adobe XD. It looks like its added to the artboard but after loading it disappears. However the element is shown in the layer panel.

Version 18.0.12.9

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

report-closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't PAN the workspace with surface pen.

When holding SPACEBAR and using surface pen I can't pan the workspace. All other functions work. It's extremely frustrating and almost impossible to work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Xs App not working after desktop update

After I have updated Adobe XD on my desktop, the mobile app is Now not working. I can’t open the app and can not see my app prototype. The app shows a pop-up for updateing when I try to enter, because it is not working together the 2 versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Thumbnail preview of prototypes not updating

When a change is made to the home artboard file of an XD file, the change is not reflected on any of the thumbnails that are displayed on assets.adobe.com or when opening XD and browsing the "Cloud Documents".

Since Adobe XD doesn't allow transferring XD files from one team member on the account to the other, I pre-create the XD file under my account and share it with my team members. This is done to avoid any losses of assets when their Adobe account is closed when their contract with us is over.

I create the file and it has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Impossible to save file on the Cloud. Error 49

I created a design system for a client on a cloud Adobe XD file. For the last 2 days, none of my work has saved on the cloud as I get an error 49 each time. Neither autosave or manual save work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base