Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slow performance, Xd June 2019

After updating to Xd 20.0.12.10 the application becomes very slow.

Upon starting/restarting the app it's responsive. However, after running for a few minutes it becomes unusable slow.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  20 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can’t save document (Error 49)

One of my cloud documents can’t save. The problem is that it’s the one that has all my "master" components and from this one I link all components to my working files. I suspect there are some corrupt components that started causing it, is there a way to narrow it down?
    I can send the logs too.

I’m on the latest May release.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  28 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Master component changes do not update on children if master has subcomponents

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Create a rectangle with a black fill, convert that rectangle to a component.
    2) Use an instance of that new component to create another component (perhaps in addition to a text layer so those two together make up a button)
    3) Change the master of that button component to have a red background color
    4) The instances of that button component do not reflect the red background, even though they have 0 overrides

Expected: Changes in a master component get reflected in its children
    Result: Child components retain the initial state, even though they have no…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies if I was unclear – I didn’t mean to say that all your nested components must be master components, but to demonstrate that if you are editing master components, the edits will propagate to the other instances.

So in the original example you posted, you were actually overriding the fill color in a nested instance (not a master component). If instead, you right-clicked on the nested instance and chose ‘Edit Master Component’, your viewport would have panned to the master component, and then any changes you made to the master component would propagate to its instances. It doesn’t matter if the instance is nested in another component or not.

So nested components are fully supported in this new master/instance model, but the important thing to remember is you must edit the master component, either directly in the parent component or by right-clicking on…

4. Error Code: 49

Trying to save a project (also tried "Save As") and got the following error:
    "There was an error saving file agc9f88.tmp
    (Error Code: 49)
    The file could not be saved. Please try saving again."

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  12 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe XD: Share for Development failing with downloadable assets.

When sharing for development, the action fails if "include assets for download" is checked. My current file shows that it has 142 Assets (though I can't for the life of me find them all).
    I've searched and searched looking for duplicates or whatever. I have got to get this file sharable ASAP. The developer is screaming for it.
    This happens from within a corporate, firewalled, network and my at home network. Time of day has no bearing (as in server is up or down).
    I tap Create/Update link, the wheel spins for about 2 seconds then throws a completely detail…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  10 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Error 44:23 Sharing for development

Hi,

Me and my team are having the error 44:23 coming up for the past week or so in different scenarios.
    We work on Windows 10, one of us has XD enterprise and the rest of us have the free version, all with the most recent updates.

Scenario 1: Can't update existing links (generated before the updates) or create new ones if we have the "Include assets for download" checked. If we unchecked it, we can share the link for development. After that, if we check that again and updated the link, it worked.

Scenario 2: With our work method,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear that you are encountering publish error while trying to update the links.

In-order for us to understand the exact scenario, can you explain what did you mean by – “I downloaded a document and changed just the text size on 6 text boxes. I re-uploaded the document so that my colleague could create the link for development”

1. Are you using a local or a cloud document?
    2. If it is local document, are you keeping it in a shared server from where both you and your college keep doing changes?
    3. Are you both publishing links from the same document or only one of you publish?

Thanks!

7. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Moving layer with shift+arrow key -> Selecting layers

Hello,
    Since today I have a very annoying problem :
    Almost every time I select a layer (on the layer panel) and I want to move it with shift + arrow key shortcut, that selects other layers in the panel.

Very disturbing, I never have that kind of behavior with this action.

1.Version of Adobe XD :
    CC Version : 4.3.0.292

2.Steps to reproduce the issues :
    around 4 times on 5 when I select a layer through the panel. When I click on the layer name (in its panel) and press an arrow key (with or without the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Frequently Freezes when editing text

Most of the time XD freezes when I edit text

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Images not showing on the review link

When going to the review link, some of the images are not showing.
    I have updated the link a couple of times, however, I am getting the same results.

Version: 21.2.12.3
    Windows 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Does the reported problem still able to reproduce with latest version of XD 22.7.12 ? can you please check and update?

Thanks.

11. copy and paste into another document

I wanted to move the design to another document. Unfortunately it looks different there. all components jumped back to the original.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  9 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Slow performance since update in June 2019

After update in June, Performance went down on bigger files, with more items. Its unusable and taking some of the files and moving them to a new document still makes the new file slow.

I dont know what causes this but its unusable.

Typical performance crash:
    Moving item, pressing esc after typing.

What i tried:
    - Clean save
    - Removing all plugins
    - Reinstalling Adobe XD
    - Format iMac

None of above worked.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. About low image quality when sharing a prototype for previewing

Hi.

If you do prototype sharing in the following operations, the quality of the image will be reduced.

1. Paste the jpg (or png) created in Photoshop on the Xd art board.
    2. Share for preview.

There was no problem before, but the quality has been low since several months ago.
    If the image is large, is it automatically compressed?
    I'm previewing the design jpg created in Photoshop with Xd, and I'm in trouble.
    Is there a solution?

My environment is as follows.

Xd Version:21.2.12.3
    OS Version:macOS Mojave(10.14)
    Browser Version:
    Chrome(75.0.3770.142 64bit)
    Safari(12.0)
    Firefox(68.0.1 64bit)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. error 49

I can't save artbort with master components. Every time when I tried to save changes uppieared pop up with Error: 49. Also I I cant close that file with components.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Font with Illustrator Graphic Styles does not appear correctly when imported from CC Library - Displays default font instead

1. Version: 21.2.12.3, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.0.292, Illustrator 23.0.3
    2. In Illustrator add live text with graphic styles to CC Library. In XD drag and drop graphic from CC Library into XD project.
    3. Font and Graphic Styles appear as defined in Illustrator
    4. Incorrect font shown with the correct graphic styles

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Reset to Master Component" Ignores Sub-component Overrides

When selecting "Reset to Master Component" it seems any overrides on subcomponents are ignored. Instead it cascades, rolling sub-components back to their master.

You can reproduce this by creating a component with the letter A, duplicating it, overriding the second and creating a wrapping component (so the component is "A" "B").

Duplicate this component ("A" "B") and update the Master Component to "Y" "Z".

Finally select "Reset to Master" on the ("A" "B") duplicate component, it should reset to ("Y" "Z") to reflect our overrides on the Master Component. Instead it resets to ("Y" "Y").

It appears rather than "Rest…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't share design/prototype link - Error 69:-1

XD Version 21.1.12.3 (Starter)
    Windows 10 Home, Version 1803

After I click "Create Link", the process completes 100% but then I get the error message - see attached.

If your suggestion is to check the proxy settings, please detail how exactly this is done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Nested components resest when dragged from the panel

Windows, XD Version 20.1.12.4
    A nested and modified component resets to its master state while dragged from the panel

1. I have 2 components used for form buttons and form background
    2. I use these components inside a new component and apply modification to the button to suit my needs
    3. Then if I drag the new component from the panel, the button resets to the master form
    4. If I copy it from my artboard, it works as intended

See Gif and xd file for details

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Artboards become size 0 x 0 at position 0/0

Somehow several artboards managed to change their size to 0 x 0. They have also lost their names and are now named "Artboard". Used XD Cloud files with an unstable internet conniption during a train trip, which might cause some synch error during a other person was also working on the file. I had also to update to 22.0.12.12 to re open the file.

Intersting point: Manually it is not possible to set the size of an artboard to 0x0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copy/Paste and Undo commands not working

v 20.2.12.1 CC Sync 4.2.7.2.
    MacOS Mojave 10.14.5.

1) Unable to PASTE certain grouped items.
    Single components can be pasted.
    Some grouped components can be pasted.
    Not all groups of items (either components or not) can be pasted all the time.
    Not able to specify what causes it to fail.

2) UNDO command not available for any action.
    Even when creating a simple shape and moving it, the undo option is not available.

Have rebooted, and un-/re-installed XD. Fault persists.

Please sort!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38

Feedback and Knowledge Base