Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Width and Height fields are not horizontally aligned with one another

Windows 10. XD version 13.1.32.8 (Starter)

The width and height fields and the line under them are not horizontally aligned with each other. Width is offset to the right by roughly 5 pixels.

Small thing, but a design apps gotta have good design, right?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creative Cloud Library changes the tracking values in character styles

Character styles added to a Creative Cloud Library in Photoshop, when viewed in XD, have the tracking/character spacing values rounded to increments of 10.

For example, in Photoshop, I added a character style to the library. This style had the font tracking set to -15. But when i open the library in XD, the style has the character spacing rounded to -20. If i add a style with tracking -14, it shows in XD as -10. If you inspect the library style in photoshop (and Illustrator) the correct value is shown.

I can apply the style in XD and then…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Elements in Specs Are Not Always Clickable

I am working on a prototype where certain elements can be clicked to get more information, whereas other elements cannot be clicked.

https://xd.adobe.com/spec/c74e6ed8-b934-468c-a604-61ddaf414b74/#screen/7fb1aa74-52eb-4698-9978-b85d43fdaed3/8-0

In that prototype, some elements on screen 8-0 are clickable (e.g. the elements in the 'Key') but other elements cannot be clicked (e.g. the maroon circle with 'B'). Those are two examples but if you click around on this screen you'll see that there are many non-clickable elements.

Please advise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot click through invisible parts of a layer on design specs

When browsing a Design Spec, devs cannot click on layers underneath objects with no fill.

The example linked below shows a group of three objects. The green one being a border only layer above all others. On Design specs I cannot see specs for any of the ones below that layer because all clicks (even when the layer has no fill) are caught by the top layer.

https://xd.adobe.com/spec/89db1075-a448-4e44-a452-0bf117c8d898/#screen/dd5b3bad-31a6-46fb-a90c-e6bab8da2a8a/Artboard%20%E2%80%93%201

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Repeat Grid inside Symbol cannot have different text in each copy of symbol

I have the following layer structure

• Symbol
      .... - Headline
      .... - Repeat Grid
      ........ - Text (This is where the bug occurs)
      ........ - Shape

I have this symbol inside multiple art boards.

The text instance override inside the repeat grid only works for the first grid item (i.e. the source item).

If I change the text in any other repeat grid instance, it is propagated across every symbol.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Font size mismatch in Windows

I use XD for Windows Desktop design. Our products use the Windows default font (Segoe UI 9pt) in most situations. However, when I specify this font in XD it appears too small, and I have to offset it to 12pt to get it to match what I see in Windows.

To reproduce:
    1) Take a screen capture of a generic Windows UI element that uses the default Windows font (Segoe UI 9pt)
    2) Paste the screenshot into XD
    3) Redesign the text elements in XD using Segoe UI 9pt font - the rendered text is too small
    4) Change the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    bug-filed  ·  Bear Travis responded

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Units in XD can get a little confusing if you look closely enough. There was a bit of a conversation earlier on the forums 1 about what the units actually are. And while we call them a “virtual pixel”, they do tend to map to an OS-specific concept. On Windows, this is the DIP (Device Independent Pixel) 2. There are 96 DIP in an inch, and 72 Pt, so the conversion is font size in DIP * 72 / 96 = font size in points. Using DIP allows us to keep all the measurement units in XD the same (x, y, width, height, font size, line spacing, etc). In the future, we’ll work towards adding more unit flexibility, but hopefully that will help you at least understand the current state of the world.

-Bear

1 https://forums.adobe.com/message/9786592
    2 https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff684173(v=vs.85).aspx

7. Tags on comments are not properly sanitized

When writing comments on Adobe XD, the sanitisation of the string (removal of possibly harmful script tags from the text) seems not to be done in the best way.

Some html tags are converted to plain text (like <div> or <b>) but some, including unrecognised tags, just disappear from the comment.

I found that when replying to a comment trying to use words between <> to state a dynamic text and that disappeared from the final comment. In the attachment is the same comment posted and when editing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. プロトタイプのコメント機能で、漢字変換を確定させるためのキー操作がコメントを投稿してしまう

ウェブブラウザでプロトタイプを閲覧している時に使えるコメント機能に関するバグの報告です。

再現方法
    1. コメント入力欄に日本語を入力する
    2. 漢字変換を確定させるためにキーボードのEnterキーを押す
    3. 変換の確定と同時にコメントが投稿されてしまう。

私が期待していた動作
    1. コメント入力欄に日本語を入力する
    2. 漢字変換を確定させるためにキーボードのEnterキーを押す
    3. 漢字の変換が確定される
    4. 未確定の変換が残っていない状態でEnterキーを押すとコメントが投稿される

すでに投稿されたコメントを編集するときも同様のことが起こります。
    コメント機能がとても使いづらくなっているので急いで直していただきたいです。

この現象を確認した日
    2018/5/23
    (5月上旬の時点では「期待していた動作」の通り動いていました)

環境
    Mac OSX 10.12.6
    Google Chrome 66.0.3359.181

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. grid column

When adjusting the GRID column margins I use the up/down arrow keys to adjust the number. This works real good until the left and right margins become uneven (due to the gutter with and number of columns) and four text fields show up (top, right, bottom, left). At that point my focus jumps to the artboard and I'm still pressing up or down, moving the artboard. I would like to see the focus stay in that area, if not still on one of the left or right textboxes.

Windows 10
    Adobe XD 8.0.22.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to continue using XD after changing text settings occasionally

After updating to the newest version on windows 10, after about 6 out of every 10 times I change some settings for my text such as changing the font, the leading, size, etc. The app is pretty much unusable. I have two frequently restart the app to continue creating my designs.

Occasionally the fix involves me simply restoring and maximizing the window again, but this helps only sometimes. Makes it pretty difficult to work on what I am working with these issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Michael:

I’ve been seeing a few reports this week where folks share similar scenario to what you’re describing. I’m trying to track down the culprit to help team review and users get back to designing!

To help dig into this, can you share the following?
    - DxDiag https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe
    - XD build version
    - What other programs do you usually run while working in XD?
    - Do you have an external monitor?
    - Where do you save your files?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

11. Type appears blue

A single font appears blue for some reason. Arbys' SaucyAF font (https://arbys.com/saucyaf) appears blue in XDs design and preview modes, no matter the context (On artboards or pastebaord, size, Point/Area Text, etc.) but will render properly when exported. I've been unable to reproduce this with any other font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mathew!

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I can reproduce this on my end on Win10 RS4 + XD 8.0.22.11 Interestingly, issue does not occur on Mac + XD. Maybe there’s something about the font + Win?

I’ve filed a bug for the team to review.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

12. Pointed bezier curve gets rounded when copy pasting from Ai or from Library

When copy & pasting from Ai into XD my pointed bezier is rounded. Same if I try to place the object using the Library panel. The letter o (which is outlined text) is also incorrectly formed (see image attached).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hamburger menu button in wrong position while in window fullscreen mode (on Windows 10)

The menu button is overlaying the left panel if you activate the fullscreen mode on Windows 10 (win + maiusc + enter).
    Just a little glitch that should be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bugged color when I brought a PSD file into XD

Some colors didn't came right when I brought a PSD file into XD. The colors in PS was just an attribute, not an effect.

First Print 1 is XD, Print 2 is PS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  Andrei Datcu responded

Hello Diego,

Thank you so much for letting us know about the issue. In order to make this easier to reproduce on our end, could you please provide a minimal Photoshop file that exhibits the problem when opened in XD? The file could contain just the text objects for instance.

Thanks,
    Andrei

15. Crash: Adding/Subtracting 2 objects + Anchor points

To reproduce

1) Draw 2 shapes
    2) Select both shapes
    3) Either Add, Subtract, Intersect or Exclude Overlap shapes (same outcome for each I guess)
    4) Double click on any point of the path to get an anchor point
    5) Adobe XD crashes and closes.

A fix for this in the next update would be appreciated thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  Prateek Kuthiala responded

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reporting this issue with us and we apologize for the inconvenience. I have a filed a corresponding bug so we can investigate this issue in more detail.

We will work to identify the root cause and implement a fix as soon as possible.

16. Hard to get rotate cursor in top left corner of object linked to CC Libraries

Trying to get the cursor to show the rotate icon when hovering over the corner node. It appears for a glimpse but cannot get it to show so I can actually rotate the rotate an object imported from CC libraries.

app is update on Jan 24th

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting this. The large “linked graphic” icon in the upper left is making the rotation hit area too hard to target in that corner!

As a workaround, you can use any of the other corners or any of the 4 handles on the sides to rotate the image as well. Since those use regular, smaller-size handles, you should find rotate much easier to target there.

17. Pan cursor enables even when you have something selected

If you select an item then press space the cursor changes to the pan symbol even though you are still in edit mode.

This is especially noticeable when your too quick pressing the mouse before 'space' to pan around and believe you're in pan mode but items on your canvas start moving around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Leftover pixels are added to right margin without reporting it

When the grid is center, the right margin is false, 6 pixels too short.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Subtracted text in symbol always changes all instances on editing

Version: 0.8.22.17

When you create a symbol with some shape and text and the text is subtracted from the shape, then modifying the text in one instance changes the text in all instances.
    It seems in such a case text is treated as shape instead of as text and therefore changes the symbol itself and all instances.

I've attached a sample .xd file that illustrates this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know about this issue Edmund. I’ve logged a bug and sent it to our team of developers to take a look.

Debbie

20. Incorrect Symbol Position When Pulling in New Symbol

When dragging in a symbol from the symbol browser, the preview position of the symbol attached to the mouse cursor does not match the action position where it is dropped upon mouse release (macOS and Windows).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base