Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to make comments in prototypes

the people I shared the prototype with, all of a sudden are not able to post the comments anymore. The team was able to comment until a few hours before.
    I notice that it is on a particular wireframe only. The other one is working fine however.
    says: we are unable to post your comment, please try again.
    Also I cannot resolve any comment others have written.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Pramod,

Few more details will help us to investigate further.

1. Can you confirm us whether the reported error is occurring for the public or private prototype link?
    2. What type of account used when trying to submit a comment (Personal/ Enterprise/ Guest)?
    3. Approximate number of comments submitted earlier (Resolved and Unresloved count)?

Would it be possible to share the prototype link?

Regards,
    Muthukumar

3. Save discards changes

Added 20 prototype links on reapeatgrid atoms towards overlay modal.
    Manual save, switch to design mode, edit, back to prototype mode, changes lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Undo (cmd + z) and Panning stops working

Undo (cmd + z) and Panning stops working and need to restart the app.

Win 1703 and XD21 version

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XD Destroys my font family and renders incorrectly

I have a font family that will display correctly in both Illustrator and Photoshop. However in XD it separates the family into random groups and then proceeds to render or display the weights incorrectly. This is unique to windows 10 as the font works correctly on Mac.

XD = 21.2.12.3

Windows 10 = Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Suitcase Fusion = V 20.0.6.8538

I'm including the font as well as an XD file that illustrates the issues I'm having as well as some screen shots.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe XD fails to update since version 17

Its been few months since I last successfully updated my XD.

I'm running version 17.

I have serious issues with XD (You can check my other bug reports to see them) maybe they were solved in recent versions of XD? But I can't tell cause I can't update the software!

When I click 'update' the progress bar gets to 38%, then jumps to 73% and then gives the 'failed to update' notice. When I try to get more info regarding the error brings an error code 191 - which is an irrelevant generic error code.

I tried removing the software…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to drag layers of elements or components

1. Version 21.2.12.3 (Starter) running on Windows 10 Home.

2. Keep left mouse button pressed while hovering a component or element layer to move (drag).

3. Rearrange layers, drop them into an existing folder or artboard in case of components.

4. Nothing happens. Layers remain static.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text syles move after saving

When using a text style, say underline, or using both bold and regular type styles in a block of text, the styling often moves after saving and reopening.
    So if the word "textlink" was styles with "underline", next time I open the document, the underline has moves two or three letters to the left, underlining part of the previous word. I've attached an example where the underlining has oved after saving.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Continuous lagging/ freezing when working in Design mode

Version: 16.0.2.8 Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.0.25

Running on:
    macOS Mojave v10.14.2
    Processor: 4GHz Intel core i7
    Memory: 32 GB DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 2048MB

Hello,

When clicking on images, text boxes, menus or scrolling around the screen, everything lags/ freezes for a few seconds before catching up with its self.

To reproduce the issue: open a working file and click on menus, text boxes - anything interactive.

The issue seems to be intermittent and varies from making working in the app impossible to just being a bit of a hinderance - most of the time it's somewhere in the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to load Development Link

Unable to load Development Link Screens. Just shows a blank screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Error code 88

Cannot open file

There was an error opening the file Untitled-2.xd.
    This is not a valid xd document.

XD version provided in the screenshot attached.

Windows 10 operating system

The files were saved in the my own system.

impact- the saved work cannot be retrieved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Undo and save option stop working after movig elements to different artboard

Undo option dissapears as well as save (only save as stays) after alt+move element from one artboard to another.

version 21.2.12.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shortcut CMD + - stop working after update on version 19

Zooming shortcuts stopped working on new version 19 of XD. Classic key +/- works well, but Numlock keys +/- stopped working. Using iMac.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Changes to shared file aren't reflected for every user

Here's the flow:

• I created a shared file several months ago, Shared for review, & invited another designer to work on it.

• The other designer worked on it for a month or so, and asked that I update the "shared for review" link.

• I opened the file. No "Accept changes" dialogue appeared.

• I updated the link successfully.

• The other designer opened the preview and realized that only some of her changes appeared in the link preview.

• When we compared the file on her computer and my computer (100% sure it was the same shared file), my file didn't reflect all…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share for review creates low resolution jpegs

No matter the resolution I created my jpegs when I share for review the prototype link looks low resolution. Is this a setting?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fixed position item disappears

I have set up a page to include a fixed position item on the page. When I select fixed position check box and click preview or check my preview link the item disappears. When I unclick the fixed position box the item reappears. Seems to be a bug with the fixed position tool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. XD hanging a lot when the assets and components panel is open.

XD is hanging a lot when the assets panel is open.
    It is happening only when there are more components and keeping the panel open will reduce performance but doesnt increase CPU or GPU usage. XD gets very laggy and unusable for quick prototyping.

System Specifications:
    i7 8550U
    Nvidia MX130
    RAM : 16GB DDR4
    Dell Pavilion 15

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. artboard stretched in safari

Some artboards in design specs get stretched & cropped when viewed in Safari. Please fix that if possible. Chrome shows all correct.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. undo

Undo and redo are not working. Also, I can't copy an item with option + drag like I'm used to.

I have the lastest version of XD (20.0.12.10). I've reset the computer, restarted XD, saved my file to both cloud and desktop, logged out of CC and logged back in, quit CC and restarted. It's still doing this.

You never really realize how essential Cmd Z really is until it stops working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share for Development Bug

I had shared link for developers to develop but the link is not at all working its showing like some things may not correct try again I tried updating the same link again but it's still not working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base