Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bugs with specific fonts

There's a few font's when used that don't allow me to

• Copy the text to another artboard

• Copy the text on the same artboard

• Alt copy shortcut doesn't work anymore

• It won't let me ctrl-z anything on the artboard anymore

• Text deleted with font on all artboards when saving > closing > re-opening

I used the font "Twister" in this regard, I have to restart XD when I use this font cause it won't let me Ctrl - z or copy things anymore, on start up the font is gone on every artboard.

Is this a bug or is my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edges of a duplicate shape are visible from behind the original

If I have two "duplicate" shapes of different colors stacked on one another, the edges of the one behind are visible, almost as if there's a border (though it is in fact borderless).

XD ver 18.1.12.1 on Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Colour change on export

I get a massive colour shift with the latest update of XD all the bright colours in the PNG exports are dull?

This is a disaster as you can see from the example screen shot.

Left is the XD file and right is the exported PNG.

This is a new 'feature'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CTRL + arrow and CTRL + SHIFT + arrow Doesn't Work in Layers Panel

From the Assets Panel:

• double click on a symbol to edit the name (e.g., Symbol 256)

• position the cursor at the end of the name (e.g., after the 6)

• press CTRL + Left Arrow to quickly jump to the previous word break
      notice: the cursor jumps to the word break, as expected (e.g., before the 2)

• press CTRL + Left Arrow again
      notice: the cursor jumps to the next word break, as expected (e.g., before the S)

• do the same thing with CTRL + SHIFT + <Arrow> to quickly select text from the current insertion point to the previous word…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fonts with similar name activates wrong font from Adobe Fonts

When designing with a font from Adobe Fonts. And then watching design in Adobe XD app on Android another font is activated automatically.

The font i wanted to use: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/t26-carbon

The font that gets activated and shows up in the XD app: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/carbon

I tried deactivatinf back and forth but the wrong Carbon always activates by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have to press/release Control while holding spacebar to get the artboard to move

I can only space+drag the Adobe XD artboard on my Windows 10 HP Spectre if

1. I hit spacebar

2. hit control while still holding the spacebar

3. Release control, keep holding spacebar

4. Click left trackpad button while continuing to hold spacebar. Then, the artboard will move as expected.

When I use XD with this same computer with my external trackball, I don't have to use the control-release in step 3. This is what I'm expecting.

But without the external trackball and just using my laptop as is, if I don't do it in exactly this order, every single time, the artboard will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zoom to Selection on Line object fail and broke Undo/Redo

Hello... Since e a few version (November, maybe before) I have noticed that if you have a single straight line selected. 0 or 90 degree and you do Zoom to Selection, it will not Zoom to it, it will also broke the undo/redo fonctionnality.

Opening an closing the document, or the app bring it back.

1. Adobe XD January release MacOS 10.13.6

2. Create a doc, or open a doc. Draw a line at 0 or 90 degree with the line tool. Select it and do Zoom To Selection.

3. Expect to Zoom to the line tool

4. Actual results: No Zoom, and Undo/Redo…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text boxes do not import correctly from Photoshop

When I import a file from Photoshop to XD, all of the text moves to the upper left hand corner of the canvas and is grouped in strange arrangements. I've attached the example psd and resulting xd file below. This happens with every PSD file I open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs.

Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs. Then, when attempting to duplicate the original tab spacing, using repeated space-bar hits, produces poor results, as shown in the screen-shot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. shared prototypes not visible

Please refer to the attached video.

one of the stakeholders reported she couldn't see the new prototype at assets.adobe.com. I shared it with her. We found out, they appear when toggling to the listview and back, or when resizing the browser window.

After a browser refresh, the same behaviour occurs. Only one prototype is visible, the others appear after resize or toggle list / grid view.

Is this a known issue?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Directly copying and pasting for Photoshop should retain transparency

Bumping because it's such a pain in my workflow since I've moved from sketch to XD:

Copying and Pasting directly from Photoshop to XD should retain all transparency values.

If I select (via marquee, lasso, etc) a bitmap image with a transparent background in photoshop and paste directly into XD, I expect the pasted image to have the same transparent background (and not filled with white/black).

This would hopefully apply to elements with gradient transparency as well.

Right now, the only way to circumvent this is to save out the file as a png with transparent values and import into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Gradient direction is different when saved into assets panel

When I'm trying to use a gradient from my assets it works, but not in the direction I saved it in.

1. Created gradient on shape

2. Added gradient to assets (the preview in the assets shows how I saved it, in the correct way)

3. Applying this gradient works, but the direction is from top to bottom instead of left to right.

Feel free to ask for more information! Added a image, right button is how it is applyed while it should apply like the left button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. art board background colour bug

(See file attached) Background colour not correct, when using 50% of a colour on the background of an art board. It goes to a dark grey colour...?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. XD Drops Images from CC Libraries

XD fails to bring in all images dragged from a CC Library unless all (or most) are visible in the CC Libraries panel. Depending upon what is visible in the panel, only some of the selected images are brought in. Scrolling up or down in the panel changes which of the selected images actually get brought in.
    This is consistent for me in my older and newer documents, as well as in older and newly-created Libraries. I have uninstalled and reinstalled XD and the behavior persists. Screen capture video of the problem is attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Michael:

When I do shift select, it grabs all contents of my CC Library in between the initial selection and new selection below (or above based on asset placement). And when I drag, it does get them all in.

However, when I select the cmd (apple) key + select, I can repro similar scenarios that you show in your video.

I’ll file a bug for the team to review.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

16. Can't open Apple Design Resources for iOS on Windows

I recently tried opening the Apple Design Resources made by Apple for iOS that can be found on this website https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ and it starts downloading a .dmg file that isn't supported by Windows. I tried unzipping the file using 7Zip and WinRar but the only files I get are the ones that I attached below. I know this is not a problem of Adobe Xd itself but because of this problem there is no way for Windows users to use the official Apple Design Resources. I also tried downloading the Photoshop resources but I get an error when opening the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hovering the cursor does not match the selected object.

In the assets panel, the selection of objects does not match the position of the mouse cursor. Better seen on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hL0LFATNTc

Version: 16.0.2.8
    Creative Cloud Sync: 4.2.0.25
    Win10: 1803 OS Build 17134.590

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Effra - spacings not right

When using your Effra Font in Adobe XD the spacing from the letters to the text box border is not right. In Adobe XD there is a space at the bottom, and it overlaps a bit on the top, whereas on the web there is a spacing on the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. pdf export blurry images (with shadow) and file size

When exporting to pdf, the file size becomes quite huge.
    Additionally, the images that have a shadow (added in XD, image is jpeg) become blurry and the text (in the image) unreadable. It's no problem without shadow.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Design spec, footer still disapear in the latest version

Hi,
    After I download the latest version. OCT 15, 2018. The bug still same. I just sent NIna Ramos my working file via wetransfer.

My system is Mac Book Pro touchbar 15inch, High Sierra 10.13.6

thank you very much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base