Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows: Clicking Escape doesn't exit Options panel when focus is on Lock icon

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Draw a rectangle
    2) Set width value, press tab
    3) Set height value, press tab
    4) Lock icon is focused

Expected: I expect to be able to exit just like I can in any of the other text fields, however the blue outliner is telling me the lock icon is still active.

Actual result: I cannot exit, lock icon stays focused.

Workaround: Press tab once more and you can exit again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to Publish Design Spec due to 1800+ svg assets

1. Adobe XD - 18.02.12.9, Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.1.51

2. I have almost 1800+ SVG assets, and wanting to publish Design Spec (Share for Development Link). Even tried to optimize by reducing Assets required to be downloaded.

3. Takes a very very long time (more than 20mins with 500mbps connection), yet it only stops at 100% and freezes.

4. Checked the existing Design Spec link - still haven't updated to the latest version

5. If I disabled/ uncheck "Include Assets for download", updating Design Spec link will work.

6. Unfortunately, we need all the assets to be on all the Artboards.

Appreciate any work-around anyone can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. eye droppper not visible in gradient

Eye dropper/Color pick tool is not visible sometime when i choose gradient to fill my rectangle or any other shape. Restarting the xd sometimes does the trick but its not working for me anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eye dropper tool for shadows disappears on Windows

On windows machines, i am trying to find the eye dropper tool to select shadow color but it doesnt exist. Even using the keyboard shortcut "i" doesnt bring up the eye dropper.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text field size with bugged on edit mode with font size more than 22.

on the video included I show how it mess with block of view in edit mode.
    As I understand there are some max size of font rendering block, that are not affected when not in edit mode. If take off restriction on size that possible to view it vould be great.
    Basically on last 10-15 sec/ there are few sizes of font, if small (up to 20 or so) it displays correctly, if more than 20 it works similar to clipping mask and cut out character field in exit mode that became almost impossible to edit it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Doesn't show and charge my files

1.- 19.0.22.9
    2.- When I open Adobe XD for the first time, when I restart o turn up any of my computers.
    3.- Just open once to begin to work
    3.- I open Adobe XD and have an eternal animation without charge my documents. I can't do anything until I close the software, and I open again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share for Review - Error 44:23:0

Have tried to publish the prototype three times now and I have received this same error through each attempt.

I was able to publish the design specs as well as share the document but am only unable to share for review.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think the file size + all artboards marked for batch export is the problem. The error code usually means there’s an issue with too many assets.

I’ve filed a bug for investigation on our end. In the meantime, the best thing to do would be to break this up into a few files to help with the file size.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Hope this helps!
    Nina

8. Shift + F3 (alternate case types) undoes after click away

The only way to make the chosen casing work is to edit the text, erase the edit and click away (bug also happens on ctrl+enter).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Windows 10 Jump List Incorrect Behaviour

With XD not running, right clicking on its icon in either Start Menu or if pinned to task bar brings up the jump list as expected. The jump list is separated into two sections, "Recent" and "Recently Used Files". Clicking on an item in "Recently Used Files" does not open the file, it opens XD with no file.

Further, files are not added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from the Home screen of XD, Recent section. They are only added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from File Explorer.

Windows 10…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Interface icons missinng

Often interface icons like drop down triangle, check mark that appears next to "saved", aren't displayed correctly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mark for export - Selecting All to Unmark

Since the latest release of XD marking all new assets imported as "Mark for Export" its been hard unchecking them all. The new feature claims you can select all and toggle the mark for export option, however if something is already marked for export within a folder, it stays marked unless you specifically go into that folder.

Version of Adobe XD: 17.0.12.11
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Having a element that is "Mark for export" then using "Select All" on the document/Page and toggling "Mark for Export" on and off to clear.
    Expected result: All marked elements become unmarked on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Complex Animations appear jittery on Adobe XD app on iPhoneX

I created an app and the prototype runs smoothly on both the web and inside the Adobe XD application on my Macbook Pro. But when I load the prototype on my phone using a USB cable, it appears jittery.

I noticed it's only for this Adobe XD file but not my other files. I don't really know what is the problem but it is awfully slow.

Please download this file and preview this on your phone to see the jittery animation bug.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Resize causes random alignment mismatch and unpredictable size

I was trying to follow the 1 day of adobe XD progressive challenge, but could not keep with the pace due to the bugs. You guys need to just follow your own tutorials by a few folks at your workplace to discover many of them.

See the attached file to see the bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adobe Illustratorからコピペすると、フォント情報が正しく引き継げない

再現方法

1. Illustratorで「ABCD」とテキストをうち「游ゴシック体 Bold」を指定

2. XDで新規ファイルを作成

3. 1のテキストをコピーして2にペースト

4. [発生] 貼り付けたテキストが「游ゴシック体 bold」(※Bが小文字)になっており、フォントの表示が正しくない。

5. 4のXDファイルを名前をつけて保存し、閉じて、開く

6. [発生] 「1個のフォントが見つかりません。環境にないフォントを表示」というエラーメッセージが出て、「• YuGothic-bold」が無いと言われる。

問題点

Illustratorからコピペした場合にきちんとフォント情報が正しく引き継げていません。
    その他の日本語フォントでも起こります。
    エラー部分で表示されるフォント名もUIの表記と合わせて日本語にするべきではないでしょうか?

環境

XD 15.0.12.8
    Illustrator 23.0.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can't scroll on a touchpad

I'm working on:
    System Model: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx
    OS Name: Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

While on sample kit downloaded from "File -> Get UI Kits -> Wireframes", whenever I zoom in using Ctrl+"+", I am unable to scroll up or down to see the elements on the document, and no scrollbars appear on either the bottom or the sides. I tried page up and page down buttons on the Keyboard and the arrow keys as well. Nothing works, I'm unable to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Overlay bug in Prototype

Applying one overlay is fine. However when you move on to another page and apply a transition, overlay is already selected. It should just add another overlay, but it doesn't, you have to switch to a different type of transition, then switch back to overlay for it to work. If you don't do this, in Preview, the overlay appears over a black or white background as if overlay wasn't applied at all.
    Not a huge problem but wastes a bit of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scrolliing and Panning Lag

Scrolling and Panning while the window is inactive (when XD is in background and another app is opened on the foreground but mouse scroll is stilll working for the XD) is much smoother than scrolling/panning whil the XD is on the foreground.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. cannot read property 'postscriptName' or null

It tells me "cannot read property 'postscriptName' or null" and then showing just a blank page. Reboot, re-install, older version doesn't work.

Win10/64,

XD - 8.022.11

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Problem with additional self generating top padding / spacing when working with type.

This happens with all fonts. The font used for this example was Roboto Regular 141px. The text should be rendered as in Illustrator. Example of the problem attached.

Adobe XD version: 16.0.2.8 (however this is a problematic issue since the very beginning)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. in symbol not flipped...

If the figure in the symbol is flipped horizontally or vertically while the symbol is rotated, it is enlarged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base