Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't drag transition link from a locked item.

With this latest update, when in prototype mode, I cannot drag a transition link from a locked item. I have to unlock the item to see the arrow which allows me to drag a link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cloud Documents - XD vs Web View

I see different sets of files saved to the Cloud in XD (when opening a file) and in the web view (when you go to Creative Cloud app, then Files -> View on Web).

See the attached image. The screenshot has been taken immediately after opening both windows at the same time. Left side: Web view (in the browser), right side: XD Open File view.

Note that both lists are sorted by name. In XD I see twi "Dialog 004 Users v4" files, in the web view - just one. In XD I see 3 "Dialog LIBRARY v4" files, in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Jira user with apostrophe has page update issue with Adobe XD add-on

We experience an issue with Adobe XD for Jira add-on.
    We believe the issue is potentially caused by apostrophe in Jira username.

After installing the add-on, this particular user sees page ‘freezing’ whenever she updates the ticket such as comment.
    The comment gets published, but she has to refresh page to see the update.

She can reproduce the issue on two different machines (MacOS, Windows) with different browsers.
    Below is the error message in console log.

Note, when we disable the add-on, the issue goes away.

Jira version: 7.13.0
    Jira Core version: 7.13.0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Importing designs failed

I try to export artboards from XD to Zeplin, I got an error called " Importing designs failed "
    why it has occurred?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dragging elements off artboard become hidden (intermittently)

Weird issue I noticed happening the other day, and again just now. Some elements stay linked to the artboard they previously occupied even after I've dragged them off. I don't always notice this has happened, until I select an artboard and notice elements surrounding it suddenly appear, then disappear when the artboard is deselected.

1. Version 15.0.12.8

2. Select an element and drag it off an artboard.

3. I expect the element to stay visible; I expect the element to stay visible even though it is not attached to an artboard.

4. Sometimes the selected/dragged element immediately becomes hidden, even when its borders are…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. open document your computer broken

When I go to open a document from my computer the tab does not display anything. I have to click to another tab and then back to my computer again to get the modal window to display. XD version 20.0.12.11

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Drop shadow ruins image quality when exporting to pdf/svg

When I'm trying to export my XD file in a pdf or SVG format it ruins the quality of the shape or image if I use a drop shadow. If I remove the shadow, the quality is maintained. Can you fix this problem somehow?

Adobe XD version: 21.0.12.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Assets, color picker is missing

I just install Adobe XD 19.1.22.6
    and follow the introduction tutorial (in app and video)

In step 09, I notice that in the asset panel, when right click on a color and select "Edit", there is no more the color picker (pipette icon).

I guess that would be handy to put it back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9

Hi, i have a very annoying problem with the latest XD version. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9.

I've tried with a couple different files but the upload is really slow across the board. Please help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When reordering arboards, the pastboard keeps getting selected in the layerspanel for some reason

For some reason the pasteboard keeps being selected and I am unable to deselect it. Deselcting is only possible when reordering the arboards through keyboard shortcuts.

Video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vA82xDeMxc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gradients from Illustrator look wrong in XD

Sometimes artwork with gradients imported from Illustrator does not look right in XD. Please see attached an example. Also, those gradients cannot be edited on canvas in XD. The AI file with the problem is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gxdiqmtwatx7d9/feather.ai?dl=0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exporting to After Effects issues

I'm having problems with how objects are rendered in AE after export from XD.

1. Objects with gradients are converted to JPGs

2. Blurred object with gradient applied doesn't show up at all

3. Shadows are rendered differently than in XD (different blur and radious)

4. Shadows and low opacity objects don't show up in preview in AE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Error Export to Zeplin

Adobe XD 20.2.12.1 -- Windows 10 -- Selection of work tables to export to Zeplin. (CNTROL + ALT + E), but the error appears xdtool.exe (55665 dump)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Color change animation

Hello guys, I really don't know if this is a real bug but I should report, when auto animation, the object color don't make the transition steps, the color change suddenly, is that a real bug?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Incorect language display of XD Review link in Microsoft Teams

I add XD review links as tabs in Microsoft Teams. The preview mode displays German language even though I've not enabled any setting to do so. I've tried, changing the settings to French to see if I can influence this, I've tried deleting and creating a new tab, same result in all cases. This only happens in Microsoft Teams, if I use the same link in Chrome, correct language is displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ungrouping components also ungroups sub-components included

If you ungroup a component that incorporates other components, the other components are also ungrouped.

Eg: Component is a contact form, with text, line shapes and pre-existing components for text input. If I ungroup/release this, the pre-exisiting components are also released. They stay in a group, but aren't a component anymore.

I'd expect the ungrouping to only be 'one-level' deep.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm running Xd 22.0.12.12

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for the extra information – this happens with linked components that have nested components and you unlink the outer component. I believe there are historical reasons for this behavior, but it’s reasonable to say it is also unexpected behavior and so I have logged a bug internally for it.

As a workaround, you could first convert the linked component in the Assets panel to a local component, and then ungroup it. That will provide the desired behavior when you ungroup the outer component.

Thank you,
    Joe

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Color Assets and Document Colors work differently

The functionality of the color swatches differs when either imported from another document or created in the current document. I would expect both to work the same way.

I assumed that when you change a hex color it changes that color throughout the document. With imported swatches they act more as a "style" in the sense that even though that hex is the actual color of an object if the imported swatch is not applied to the object the color will not change.

I like the idea of having styles, but I would prefer them to be called out differently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Crash trying to rename a layer by double-click

Adobe XD 16.0.2.8, Windows 10,

Renaming of any layer by double-click leads to crash (seldom).

I cannot reproduce it easily by many double-clicks, but 2 per an hour Adobe XD crashes on my attempt to rename some layer by double-click.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base