Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Font with Illustrator Graphic Styles does not appear correctly when imported from CC Library - Displays default font instead

1. Version: 21.2.12.3, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.0.292, Illustrator 23.0.3

2. In Illustrator add live text with graphic styles to CC Library. In XD drag and drop graphic from CC Library into XD project.

3. Font and Graphic Styles appear as defined in Illustrator

4. Incorrect font shown with the correct graphic styles

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apostrophe bug with Ubuntu font

I'm having an issue with apostrophes with only one font so far which is Ubuntu font.

I'm not sure if this an actual software problem (it seems to be since it works flawlessly in other softwares such as Photoshop and Illustrator) or a font issue.

The only way I have been able to bypass it is by typing it and immediately press the Escape key to quit editing the text box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text fonts and weight changes when copying and pasting

When copying and pasting a block of text with different fonts and weights, the styles get mixed up in the pasted version. This happens with alt-copying and cmd-c cmd-v.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Certain missing fonts (weights?) not shown in asset panel so cannot global replace

This had been working fine in previous releases but appears to be spotty now.

Some fonts that are missing, even though you can see that it is missing in the text panel, it doesn't come up under the assets' missing fonts section, and therefore I cannot globally replace it.

I am using Windows on August 2019 release.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text syles move after saving

When using a text style, say underline, or using both bold and regular type styles in a block of text, the styling often moves after saving and reopening.
    So if the word "textlink" was styles with "underline", next time I open the document, the underline has moves two or three letters to the left, underlining part of the previous word. I've attached an example where the underlining has oved after saving.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. XD doesn't display the font thickness for Chinese characters.

Font is SF Compact Display, a Chinese font from Apple.

In the design mode, XD doesn't display the 'bold' setting, but if you select all of the characters, it shows as 'bold'. But this works for numbers and letters, just the Chinese characters are the problem. And exporting it doesn't show the thickness as bold, only regular.

See the sample below. Hope this will be fixed for the Chinese users, we really want the iOS design to look as real as possible, the font issue will affect a lot. Thanks...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy & Paste problem

when i copy and paste text from art board to another art board, it give me a code like this "
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="76" height="19" viewBox="0 0 76 19">
    <text id="Percentage" transform="translate(0 15)" fill="#afafaf" font-size="16" font-family="SFProDisplay-Regular, SF Pro Display"><tspan x="0" y="0">Percentage</tspan></text>
    </svg> "

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem with additional self generating top padding / spacing when working with type.

This happens with all fonts. The font used for this example was Roboto Regular 141px. The text should be rendered as in Illustrator. Example of the problem attached.

Adobe XD version: 16.0.2.8 (however this is a problematic issue since the very beginning)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Line height/spacing jumping when changing from area to point text.

Just been changing some text in a design from area text to point text when I noticed the line spacing increasing - almost doubling in size.

Thought it might be a font issue but I've tried it with various fonts.

using XD 22.1.112.5

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Missing Fonts feature doest not appear on new files after recent updates

We have different team members using Mac and Windows, this usually causes a lot of fonts conflicts, we have been using the Missing Fonts feature to work around this but after the recent updates, the Missing Fonts feature does not appear on newer files. What happened?
    Please find attached one screenshot of an older file showing the Missing Fonts feature and also the Font conflict alert on the properties panel. And a screenshot of a newer file for testing that is not showing the Missing Fonts feature but still showing the Font conflict on the properties panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Font Baseline and Accents

When selecting certain fonts in XD, from Adobe Fonts and other foundries, the baseline/line-height is way off. This makes it incredibly difficult to create visuals which are accurate.

I've attached an image showing the issue (also shows how off the colour is between the two apps! #4a0c90)

Also, when adding accents, these get chopped off when editing text and then appear after editing is completed. :/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. XD Destroys my font family and renders incorrectly

I have a font family that will display correctly in both Illustrator and Photoshop. However in XD it separates the family into random groups and then proceeds to render or display the weights incorrectly. This is unique to windows 10 as the font works correctly on Mac.

XD = 21.2.12.3

Windows 10 = Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Suitcase Fusion = V 20.0.6.8538

I'm including the font as well as an XD file that illustrates the issues I'm having as well as some screen shots.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't Edit (Already Typed) Text Field/Object

G'Night fellas from GMT+7

I'm an Adobe XD subscribed user who works in 2 devices: Windows 10 laptop at out of the office hour and Mac OS while in the workspace. When I use Adobe XD on Mac, it works smoothly (some bugs doesn't annoy me a lot). But whenever I work in Windows 10, Adobe XD had a lot of bugs, especially related to text tool (T).

First, it takes some time to edit an already typed text because the separator (edit indicator/ | ) doesn't blink. Not just that, after the text area being blue-highlighted, when I type…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Point type soft returns not rendered on iOS app (related to 42650)

[Win] v. 21.2.12

When using soft returns (Shift + Enter) in point type fields, text fails to render correctly cross-platform.

Example: soft return renders as expected on XD for Windows, but fails to render on iOS.

Windows:
    "Line 1
    Line 2"

iOS preview app:
    "Line1Line2"

Additionally: soft returns are ignored or perhaps deleted when opening the file on macOS.

Windows:
    "Line 1
    Line 2"

Opening same file on macOS:
    "Line1Line2"

I believe this bug may be related to known issue 42650.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Characters losing formatting...

Version 20.2.12.1

Reopening a saved file, characters seem to take the format of the previous characters

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Double-click to modify text while moving the mouse, XD will crash and exit directly

Double-click to modify text while moving the mouse, XD will crash and exit directly. Please fix it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Roboto Light Not Available

There is regular, medium and bold - but no light and no ultralight - can you please add it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text field size with bugged on edit mode with font size more than 22.

on the video included I show how it mess with block of view in edit mode.
    As I understand there are some max size of font rendering block, that are not affected when not in edit mode. If take off restriction on size that possible to view it vould be great.
    Basically on last 10-15 sec/ there are few sizes of font, if small (up to 20 or so) it displays correctly, if more than 20 it works similar to clipping mask and cut out character field in exit mode that became almost impossible to edit it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adobe Font 'Interstate Bold' not working in live preview

Using the font 'Interstate' on a project. Have activated the family from Adobe Fonts but some of the weights aren't working on preview. Regular, extra light and black all work fine, just bold and light. It's falling back to some other sans-serif on those two

Version of Adobe XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base