Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My Adobe XD didn't start

I can't start adobe xd. It just shows gray screen and after few second close.
    I try to uninstall adobe xd and adobe creative cloud but it didn't work.

Version of Adobe XD : 17.0.12
    Window 10 version 17763.379

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files saved in Windows cannot be opened in Mac

Yesterday I was working on a design on my Windows PC, and when I tried to open in on my Mac today it says I am running an older version and cannot open the file.

But my Creative Cloud says the XD is up-to-date. I even did check for updates and still the same. The XD Version on my Mac is 18.0.12.9 and I am not sure what is the Windows version.

If either of the OS updates faster than the other it is a big issue for the designers who work on the both platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use of Symbol term still in context menu

I noticed that after converting some linked "components" into local components: The term "symbol" is still used in the undo option in the context menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live preview doesn't work on Windows 10

When working on my prototype, I plug in my iPhone 7 in my computer so to see the live preview of my modifications, but the software and the adobe XD app don't recognize each other so I can't see the preview on my iPhone.

Currently using the latest version of XD 19.1.22.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Doesn't show and charge my files

1.- 19.0.22.9
    2.- When I open Adobe XD for the first time, when I restart o turn up any of my computers.
    3.- Just open once to begin to work
    3.- I open Adobe XD and have an eternal animation without charge my documents. I can't do anything until I close the software, and I open again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows 10 Jump List Incorrect Behaviour

With XD not running, right clicking on its icon in either Start Menu or if pinned to task bar brings up the jump list as expected. The jump list is separated into two sections, "Recent" and "Recently Used Files". Clicking on an item in "Recently Used Files" does not open the file, it opens XD with no file.

Further, files are not added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from the Home screen of XD, Recent section. They are only added to the "Recent" section of the jump list if opened from File Explorer.

Windows 10…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Illustratorからコピペすると、フォント情報が正しく引き継げない

# 再現方法

1. Illustratorで「ABCD」とテキストをうち「游ゴシック体 Bold」を指定
    2. XDで新規ファイルを作成
    3. 1のテキストをコピーして2にペースト
    4. [発生] 貼り付けたテキストが「游ゴシック体 bold」(※Bが小文字)になっており、フォントの表示が正しくない。
    5. 4のXDファイルを名前をつけて保存し、閉じて、開く
    6. [発生] 「1個のフォントが見つかりません。環境にないフォントを表示」というエラーメッセージが出て、「• YuGothic-bold」が無いと言われる。

# 問題点

Illustratorからコピペした場合にきちんとフォント情報が正しく引き継げていません。
    その他の日本語フォントでも起こります。
    エラー部分で表示されるフォント名もUIの表記と合わせて日本語にするべきではないでしょうか?

# 環境

XD 15.0.12.8
    Illustrator 23.0.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Crash on XD at startup (V 19.1.22)

After I run the XD (V 19.1.22) I see a grey screen then it freezes, after a couple of seconds it crashes. The previous versions work fine.

Also, when installing both versions at the same time, the oldest version fails at installing on Creative Cloud App

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. corrupted file

Dear
    My name is Leonardo Molinar.
    I use the "Adobe XD CC" version.
    I created a file called "straty".
    I was working on it when, suddenly, an error occurred, a white screen appeared with an error message that I could not capture.
    I was working on this project several weeks ago.
    I desperately need to retrieve the latest version of this file. I can not miss this job and all my time dedicated to it.
    I sincerely ask the Adobe support team to recover this file.

File: straty
    Last action on this project: 02/21/2018.

I await your manifestations.
    Thank you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. sorry we can't open this document xd

My System shutdown due to a power surge and instantly after rebooting it shows "sorry we can't open this document xd". The file is saved in Cloud Documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I can run the app after March Update

I can even run the app after March Update! I'm very angry and if I don't receive any answer, I will decide to stop using Adobe XD! I tried many ways to let your team know about this problem including Twitter and Adobe XD user voice.

Adobe XD: 17.0.12.11
    MacOS: 10.14.3
    Adobe CC: latest version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create new document window too large for screen

The window that displays when I'm trying to create a new document is too large for my screen (1280px x 800px).

Even if I hide the dock, the window will not let me make it any shorter (only thinner).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Win10]Not launching anymore after newest update

After I installed the newest update of Adobe XD on my Windows 10 system it is not launching anymore. The window closes half a second after it opened.
    Or the other case it that it opens for 10 seconds as "white screen" where the window is loaded and nothing is shown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Jan:

I suggest you try the following:
    - Follow troubleshooting steps here, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/after-launch-adobe-xd-shows-white-screen-and-crashes.html

- Use Creative Cloud cleaner to resolve installation issues, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

If issue persists after the above, please run log collection tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html & share the file.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. XD not starting after laptop shut down due to low battery

I was working on a XD file when my computer shut down due to running too low on battery. I had the file saved just before this happens. However, having the laptop (Surface Pro) plugged in now, XD would not start correctly. It would remain on the start screen where I should be able to select from the recent files but i cannot click on any tile and the window closes entirely shortly after. Same happens if I try to open XD from the Creative Cloud pannel. When I double click on the xd file I have saved on my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hiya Elisabeth (just noticed I spelled your name incorrectly previously – apologies!) Really appreciate the additional investigation on your part.

For updating drivers, here’s some info:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware-for-surface

Depending on which graphic card you have, it would be good to check the manufacturer for newer drivers as the MS site may not have the latest. You can check in Device Manager, https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-test-a-cpu

For the file, unfortunately the file cannot be recovered from the published prototype, this is a separate file type. However, if the file was saved to Creative Cloud files, there should be a copy available.

I’m looking at the error log and see the file was saved in drive G:\ – were you collaborating with someone else on this design? I have seen where sometimes more than one user makes edits to the file on a shared location can result in this scenario.

With this message “Unable to open…

16. xd closes and eat memory when switching number of monitors

XD closes or eats my memory when I go from dock station to laptop and back again. Sometimes it craps out and nothin will load, i'll have to force it shut and then open it back up again off my dock and just working off the laptop. Other times it tries to close itself and I'll have are you sure you want to exit windows when I put my laptop to sleep and then wake it back up. It seems like the switching from laptop view with 2 additional monitors to only laptop is the issue.

laptop
    i7 2.8 16gb…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. XD have not saved file. I AM SO ANGRY!

I have done design, save work and create link for preview. Later I opened document but it lose a lot of elements I have done. So I have document previously saved (yesterday).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Oleg:

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your XD files.

Some info to help with investigation:
    - XD version
    - OS version

Where was the file saved? Did you see any errors during save, open or close of the file? Has this happened before or with all files?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

18. Adobe XD stop working any time while opening opening project or changing something in win10

I am facing self closing problem many time when i start new project and create any object on XD and the XD close by self so please solve my this problem thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Win10] Drag and drop in layers hides XD

Since quite a while, when I try to move layers in XD, as soon as I drag an element or group, the XD window disappears and I have to bring back XD with Alt+Tab in order to drop the element/group. This doesn't happen all the time, but I cannot see a pattern why it is happening.
    My system, drivers and XD are on the latest version, but this behaviour occured at least months ago already (not using XD enough to complain earlier). Is this a know bug or something that can be fixed from my side?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Font used on Mac not recognized in Windows and vice versa

The very same font (same file used for installation on both systems) is not recognized by Windows if created on Mac and the other way round.

XD Version Mac: 14.0.42.14
    XD Version Windows: 14.0.42.14

The Affected font is Barlow.

To reproduce I create an XD file on Mac or Windows, add a text label using the font Barlow (any of its flavors) and open it then on the other OS. It will report that there is a font missing. The name of the Font is Barlow, however it is not recognized.

Attached are a file created on windows as well…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-progress  ·  0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base