Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overlay bug in Prototype

Applying one overlay is fine. However when you move on to another page and apply a transition, overlay is already selected. It should just add another overlay, but it doesn't, you have to switch to a different type of transition, then switch back to overlay for it to work. If you don't do this, in Preview, the overlay appears over a black or white background as if overlay wasn't applied at all.
    Not a huge problem but wastes a bit of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy - paste linked asset symbol, interactions/links are lost

XD v 14.0.42

If I copy and Paste a linked symbol with an object inside which has a link/interaction to another artboard the interaction disappears.
    I tried when the document was in the cloud, when it was saved in my computer and even with a new document, behavior is the same - links/interactions are lost after I copy-paste an asset symbol which is linked.

Interactions will stay if I use alt+drag.

Expected Result: Wire link remains in newly pasted symbol.

Actual Result: Wire link is removed in newly pasted symbol.

I use Windows 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Are you copy/pasting the symbol while in Prototype mode or Design mode? If it’s Design mode, the interaction will not be maintained.

Here’s what I do and note that behavior is working as I expect it:
    - In Document 1, draw elipse, convert to symbol
    - Create new document (Document 2), copy symbol from Document 1
    - Add two more artboards in Document 2
    - Switch to Protytpe mode, add interaction from symbol to Artboard 2
    - Copy + paste symbol in Artboard 3. This also shows wire to Artboard 2

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. Overlays appear blurry/low resolution in preview mode

Adobe XD v12.0.12.10 on Mac (I can't update yet because of my OC version)

Overlays appear blurry/low resolution in preview mode.

Seems like the prototype preview isn't rendering overlays properly, making them look blurry compared to the elements in the base artboard.

Attached screenshot shows an overlay (hover effect) on the left and the base artboard on the right. Naturally we need the overlay to be as crisp & clear as the rest of the interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  9 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Still I see white spacing on left and Right in mobile clickable prototype. Even after the update of V12.0

After new version release 12.0 still I am seeing white space when I use clickable prototype link. Please check my attachment taken screenshot from mobile

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Area text box does not display entire text in XD Preview view (and sometimes Zeplin)

When a design is previewed on Adobe XD app (iOS and Android both), the content of the text boxes with Area Text is not displayed completely. As a result, the design review process is impacted very negatively. The problem goes away when the text box is changed to point text. And sometimes this problem also reflects in designs exported on Zeplin.

Attached are screenshots and a XD file for your reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Browser Prototype artboards don't scale to fit screen size

When viewing a Prototype in a web browser, artboards no longer scale to fit monitor screen size. Neither pressing the "Open in browser" and copying the link into a browser will scale the artboard. Usually doing this will scale my artboard to fit what every monitor screen size I am using.

I have tested in Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all with the same result.
    50% of my artboard is no longer visible. The artboard size I use is 1280x720.

The issue only started today (19th Sept 2018), worked fine yesterday.

Version of Adobe XD used: 12.0.12.10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. auto-animate doesn't work once object is made into component

Auto animate doesn't work once the object is made into a component.

At first, my issue was that the item1 on artBoard1 had a different name than the item2 on artBoard2. I made sure they had the same name, after reading online, and the animation worked again.

But once I make "item1" and/or "item2" a component, the animation defaults to a fade transition, even if the two master components AND two instances of those components all have the same name.

The video I attached demonstrates the issue.
    The easiest way to tell is to watch the arrow on the top…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Component name reset

Component names keep resetting to "Component-1..etc" even after I rename them. On Desktop this is ok. However when viewing the prototype on iOS app the transition animations don't render correctly. I have to fix the names of the components for the animations to work correctly.

The issue occurs on iOS 12 & 13, and MacOS Mojave
    Here's a demo file showing the issue on iOS and MacOS
    you can see that the Prototype on MacOS handles automate (even with the wrong component names wrong) just fine, whereas the iOS app does not render the animations properly.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RlswXysAUB5c3S2oKzsHzbY-2crmTbNr
    Additionally, I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Issue to create smooth transition between 2 charts and gradient under them (ghost effect)

I attached a video so it's easier to explain. There is a strange "ghost" effect happening when I switch between charts and gradients don't animate correctly. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Version of Adobe XD: 21.2.12.3
    Also attaching XD file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Blurry elements with fixed position when using full screen desktop preview

When I'm doing a desktop preview of my design the elements are clear and sharp. But when I do a full screen mode (green icon on mac) the elements that have a fixed position appear blurry and other elements are clear. For example when I switch off the fixed position for the top nav the elements appear clear now in the full screen desktop preview.

I've been doing some tests. When I create a brand-new project, new artboard, when I set the project artboard height the same size or lower than the viewport height then the blurring of the fixed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Zoom / fit feature not available in prototype and comment mode

When I double click the bracket symbol in design specs I'm switched to prototype mode, the same mode I'm transferred to when I click the comment icon. In other words by clicking the comment icon I get the prototype, same as I get when I double click the bracket icon - is this a bug? It's not very intuitive. You must make up your mind what belongs to what. My main concern however is that I don't get to keep the fit/zoom feature in neither prototype mode or comments mode - I only get that in design specs. This makes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. prototype destination

When I create a new artboard and make a prototype It works. But when I have a artboard already created and try to make a prototype the destination stay unabled.

See the video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Overlay loses its position if you change the animation.

Say you create an overlay and position it. Then you decide you want the overlay to slide left rather than dissolve. If you change the animation you'll have to reposition the overlay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-open-to-fix  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Overlays can't be moved since last update

Since I updated my XD I can't move existing or new overlays. Before the update there was a handle inside the Overlay to move it (which isn't perfect either, because it isn't easy to place it pixel-precise) since the update this handle is gone and I couldn't find another way to move my overlays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to make comments in prototypes

the people I shared the prototype with, all of a sudden are not able to post the comments anymore. The team was able to comment until a few hours before.
    I notice that it is on a particular wireframe only. The other one is working fine however.
    says: we are unable to post your comment, please try again.
    Also I cannot resolve any comment others have written.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Pramod,

Few more details will help us to investigate further.

1. Can you confirm us whether the reported error is occurring for the public or private prototype link?
    2. What type of account used when trying to submit a comment (Personal/ Enterprise/ Guest)?
    3. Approximate number of comments submitted earlier (Resolved and Unresloved count)?

Would it be possible to share the prototype link?

Regards,
    Muthukumar

16. Apenas Uma Atenuação (animações) e Transição Time

Na versão de julho (17/06/2019) esta permitindo apenas uma atenuação a de Fade Out. Não permite outras animações como Fade In Fade In/Out etc.

Alem disso não tem transição de time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Artboard names mixed up at export to PNG

The names of the artboards get mixed up when I export to PNG. In my XD file I have an artboard named "Test - 65". In the export folder the PNG called "Test - 65" shows another artboard. PNG that represents the artboard "Test - 65" is named "Test - -6"...! very confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto-Animate increment/decrement input number values

In Prototyping View I expect to be able to increment / decrement the duration values in the input fields with the arrow keys. Unfortunately it doesnt work as expected. Its inconsistent, kind of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cannot use Alt to duplicate multiple artboards

In prototype mode when I try to duplicate multiple artboards with existing links by holding alt and dragging, it either doesn't do it at all or stacks a bunch of duplicates on top of the existing artboards. After attempting the duplication it somehow stops ctrl + z from working and sometimes prevents saving.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix position doesn't works

1.- 19.1.22.6
    2.- I design the screens, group some elements (to make some footer) and press "fixed position".
    3.- That works that funcionality. I need it a lot, to test my prototype.
    4.- This group disappear when I try to see it like preview on my notebook or mobile. It worked for me, until October (2018).

PS: I wrote months ago, and there's no answer.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base