Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe XD for Jira 2.0 not functional on service desk projects

Error reads: "Hmm, there seems to be a problem adding this link."

Is this new version release and bug due to "new view" changes in Jira on other project types (not service desk ones currently)?

Are there workarounds for this drop of functionality?

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. export to Zeplin

Export to Zeplin doesn't contain the groups as elements just export as group and no developers can't take assets inside this groups.

So i have to Un-grouping them and mark as export one by one.

Need solutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error code 88

Cannot open file

There was an error opening the file Untitled-2.xd.
    This is not a valid xd document.

XD version provided in the screenshot attached.

Windows 10 operating system

The files were saved in the my own system.

impact- the saved work cannot be retrieved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. full screen

When opening a file on an external monitor and then going full screen sometimes the artboard area is very small and you must scroll and zoom inside this window. See video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rotating and Scaling

When I merge and then rotate objects the responsive resize moves behaves in such a way that it doesn't take into account rotation instead inheriting its anchor from the original group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to move preview window to other Desktop on Mac

How to recreate (view attached file as well)
    - Open an XD file on a Mac
    - Launch the preview window
    - On the trackpad, swipe up with 3 fingers to see currently open windows (should also see additional desktops at the top of the screen)
    - The XD preview window disappears, so you can't move it to another Desktop

Previously, until a recent update, the XD preview window appeared with all other open windows when swiping up with 3 fingers, and you could click and drag it to another desktop.

Computer is a Mid-2014 Macbook pro running macOS Mojave…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. shades, text imput

1. hello how long are we going to wait to fix the shades in component ?

2. sometimes my adobe xd freezes when I write an object size or I work with a text tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can not create a standard 1140px grid system

I can not create a standard centered 1140px width grid with 12 cols and 30px gutter on a 1920px width artboard, with the current gridsystem. The other numbers keeps changing when I try and correct one of them (margins, gutter width etc). Either the col or gutter width gets wrong or the margins.
    I get that half of the colums need 1px more then the others but can we work around it somehow? Photoshop succeeds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. undo

Undo and redo are not working. Also, I can't copy an item with option + drag like I'm used to.

I have the lastest version of XD (20.0.12.10). I've reset the computer, restarted XD, saved my file to both cloud and desktop, logged out of CC and logged back in, quit CC and restarted. It's still doing this.

You never really realize how essential Cmd Z really is until it stops working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Voice commands and output not in German

I have installed German and English language on my MacOS, with German being the default language.

Yet, voice commands are only possible in English. German doesn't work, even though it is my default language.

Also, I cannot select a German voice (e.g. Anna or Markus) for voice output. I can only use English ones (e.g. Sally). The effect is that German voice output (output text is a German sentence) has a heavy English accent.

Also, when I use the XD app on my iPhone, which has only German installed but not English, it still only works with English, whyever.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Real time preview does not work - Windows 10 & IPhone

Real time preview on my Iphone does not work. I am using the latest version of Adobe XD (updated on June 18) and also of the app. However, when connecting my phone via USB (I tried various cables too) nothing happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clicking "Edit Master Component" causes the master component to go to the top of the layers panel

Adobe XD Version: 20.0.12.10
    This bug seems to have been introduced in the latest update of XD and is present on both Windows and Mac.

Steps:
    1. Click on a master component and observe that it is not the top item in the layers panel
    2. Click on a child component on the same or different artboard
    3. Click "Edit Master Component" on the child component

Actual Result:
    After clicking "edit master component", it causes the master component to go to the top of the layers panel thus resulting in it being moved forward in the Z-index. This is incredibly…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Error loading recent prototypes on startup screen

When I first start the application, in the recent tab, an infinite loading stays on the screen trying to load my prototypes, if I restart the application it brings my prototypes of formal fast, loading appears and soon the prototypes are loaded, only in the first this bug occurs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ALt + drag to duplicate artborad doesn't work only on one particular artboard

Version of XD i'm using is 19.1.22.6/
    For some reason I'm not able to alt+drag one specific artboard to duplicate it.
    Undo function is also disabled. Not sure if it got something to do with issue with duplicating artboard but it started to happen at the same time. I have to say, that other documents, as well as other ARTBOARDS in this particular document work just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'paragraph spacing' causes 'point text' to behave differently

Changing area text into point text usually leaves the text layout the same but changes the bounding box to only large enough to contain the text. I do this often as I like text areas to be snapped to the smallest height of the content but retain the width I want. With a paragraph spacing set on a text area converting to point text distributes the lines of text in the same size frame instead of leaving the text and changing the frame.

Steps to reproduce:
    -create a text area with more than one paragraph in it
    -add paragraph spacing …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ghost shape in a aleatory position

when I move the canvas position I see a weird shape over my designs, please check the screenshot, thanks a lot, good Job

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Issue with dual monitor

While working on dual Monitor setup for sometime, XD suddenly stops recognizing Keyboard press. So when I want to pan and I hold space and click & move the mouse it will select instead of Panning. I have to open and close XD to reset the behaviour.

This happens irrespective of whether I am using the first monitor or not

XD Version : 19.2.22.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Incorrect License

Even though I have the correct license XD keeps telling me that I cannot generate a prototype and that I need to upgrade. Support fixed it once by connecting to my computer to edit some files, but it broke after an update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to shift + click and select multiple items

While holding the shift key down and selecting items I am unable to select multiple items. They are not in separate groups or different art boards. I have a video attached showing my issue. (note: I'm holding the shift key while clicking).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base