Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have to press/release Control while holding spacebar to get the artboard to move

I can only space+drag the Adobe XD artboard on my Windows 10 HP Spectre if

1. I hit spacebar

2. hit control while still holding the spacebar

3. Release control, keep holding spacebar

4. Click left trackpad button while continuing to hold spacebar. Then, the artboard will move as expected.

When I use XD with this same computer with my external trackball, I don't have to use the control-release in step 3. This is what I'm expecting.

But without the external trackball and just using my laptop as is, if I don't do it in exactly this order, every single time, the artboard will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bebas Neue Font renders w/ wrong weight

When using the font Bebas Neue the font weight "Regular" renders as if it were "Book" instead.

I have ensured that the installation of "Regular" is different from "Book", as the two fonts weights work correctly in Photoshop. The issue also occurs on another computer in the office.

I have tried:

• reinstalling the font

• restarting Adobe XD

• restarting my PC

• another PC

• highlighting text

• changing the font size

• changing font color

• another text box

I fresh installed Adobe XD this morning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Comments are missing in design spec link.

I've recently updated my Adobe XD application and hadn't updated any design specs links. On a design spec link from before I updated XD, my comments were completely missing. The comment icon was gone. I went back into the XD file and clicked on the 'Share for Development' action to see if my share settings were still the same, and they were. Then, I went back to my design spec link in my browser and my comments were back.

Not sure if it was because I updated my XD application, but this is very concerning because my client team couldn't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Jennifer:

I think what you’re seeing is expected. “Share for Development” creates design spec usually shared with developers who are coding based on the design.

“Share for Review” allows user comments. Can you retry updating the file using this option? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

4. Fonts not displaying correct weights after editing.

I can confirm that https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/13167330-font-rendering-with-wrong-weight-unless-editing is not fixed or has reappeared in my Adobe XD V: 15.0.12.8

Fonts are selectively displaying weights after editing. During edit the font size/weight are as listed in the TEXT pane. Unselecting the text causes it to go to some "lowest weight" sizing.

Thanks for your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. equest for troubleshooting of the drag and drop problem

1. 15.0.12.8
      2.To whom it may concern
      Hi, this is Yang who is the one of Adobe XD users.
      My co-workers and I try to use this program but we are currently in troble with minor problem.
      When I use it with a private computer, I am able to drag and drop elements to the ArtBoard. However, the function dosen't work with an office computer.
      The funny thing is that these two comupters are installed same version of Windows. Please let me know how to resolve this problem as soon as possible. I appreciate for your help.

Sincerly,

Soobin, Yang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Issues with Experience Generator XD Plugin

With the latest October release, you have given plugin support. I tried few plugins but few are not working.

Particularly, Experience Generator is not working. It is showing a pop-up but not showing any result. What is that I am missing here or is the plugin not completely ready. Is it a beta version which we are not asked but asked to test and reply back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. br is converted to p

When adding a line break with SHIFT+ENTER the paragraph spacing is applied what is not expected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Another user reported something similar. I’m not able to reproduce on my end with default font Segoe UI with text objects in Win10 RS4 + XD 13.

What font are you using? Are you working with text objects or area text? Did this text get copied from another application?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

8. Adobe XD deleted my files

I installed XD on Windows 10 but did not sign in into Adobe Cloud. Then I worked quite a whole day offline without Internet connection. After reconnecting to the Internet again, Adobe XS crashed and my files, icluding the folder they were stored in, disapeared. I rebooted my PC and a new shortcut icon had been placed on my desktop: "Adobe Creative Cloud".
    The "Adobe XD" icon on the desktop has lost its symbol - it's now white but still works. It's linked to "Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte!App".

The files are lost - I have lost a whole day of work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Gerfried:

Let’s see if we can figure out what’s going on.

First, it’s not really possible to install Adobe XD without signing into Creative Cloud application. Can you confirm how you acquired the XD application installer?

When you say XD crashed, what do you mean specifically? Were you working in XD at the time? Did you see any errors at the time?

Finally, when you say you lost all your files is it that they are no longer visible in the Home Screen or Recent Files list? What folder location were the files being saved at prior to the application crash?

Thanks for your help in digging into this!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

9. Zoom to Selection on Line object fail and broke Undo/Redo

Hello... Since e a few version (November, maybe before) I have noticed that if you have a single straight line selected. 0 or 90 degree and you do Zoom to Selection, it will not Zoom to it, it will also broke the undo/redo fonctionnality.

Opening an closing the document, or the app bring it back.

1. Adobe XD January release MacOS 10.13.6

2. Create a doc, or open a doc. Draw a line at 0 or 90 degree with the line tool. Select it and do Zoom To Selection.

3. Expect to Zoom to the line tool

4. Actual results: No Zoom, and Undo/Redo…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spell Check won't change the word

even on version 14 (december) spell check shows misspelled word but unable to change (does nothing when the correct word is chosen from proofing context menu (right click)) .. the windows version is 1809 (october update)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 30 JAN UPDATE /!\ Don't have access to my saved files (only Recent) from start menu if a file already opened

Adobe XD 15.0.12.8
    Windows 10 Pro v. 1803
    OS.v 17134.523

When lauching Adobe XD for the first time, I get the usual homescreen (see Bug1.png).

But once I have a XD file open, if I tap the HOME icon (to open another project), the HomePanel doesn't show my files ! Only Recent (See Bug2.PNG).

I have to close all projects and relaunch Adobe XD to open a different file.. Excruciating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Having issue with online link.

Unable to use the link on the web browser link. It shows the highlighted link but doesn't allow the user to click on the link for some reason. This is creating a serious issue as some of my clients are not able to use the prototype.

NOTE: This happens on certain occasions only and on certain devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Art-boards exported in non-sequential order upon Share for Development

I used "Share for Development" of a sequence of art-boards (screens) linked one to another sequentially. When Development opened to see specifications (in a browser) sequential navigation was lost, making dev-team work harder.

Why XD exports art-boards changing sequential order? How XD determines sequential order?

Attached shows sequential order and interaction connection between art-boards in XD. Link to exported sequence:
    https://xd.adobe.com/spec/7df16d2e-6f0d-4b4d-49cb-853609cd8961-0bc0/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Leo:

The order is top to bottom, left to right. I’ve found that if one artboard is lower or higher it could alter the order. If you go into your XD doc, you can verify the top of the artboard is aligned to the one next to it. You can verify the order by clicking on Preview play button and navigate using arrow keys.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

14. Undo/Redo ungrouping caused XD to crash [Windows 10] [Version 14.042.14 (Starter)]

Ungrouped a repeat grid saved symbol. Tried to redo because I ungroupped too far (didn't eman to ungroup the symbol), and XD would refuse to regroup it. It then crashed after 3 seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. drag symbol

Cannot drag any symbols onto my artboards from the symbols sidebar! I drag one symbol over and when i let go to drop, the symbol just bounces back to the symbols bar. I am able to copy and paste fine from an existing instance of the symbol already on the canvas.

Ver: 14.0.42.14

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Win 10] Pasting objects stops working after a while

Windows version 10.0.17134
    Adobe XD version 12.0.12.10
    Creative Cloud Sync version 4.0.0.46

I needed to update the drop shadows on several tiles across several artboards, so I hit Ctrl+C and Ctrl+Alt+V to copy and paste the appearance of my desired tiles to the rest. After repeating the process, the paste command would stop working.

This bug extends to regular pasting. I can cut (and possibly copy) an object and its appearance, but I cannot paste it back onto an artboard. The only way to fix this is to restart XD, which gets very annoying if I have several documents open…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs.

Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs. Then, when attempting to duplicate the original tab spacing, using repeated space-bar hits, produces poor results, as shown in the screen-shot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [macOS] invisible Artboards

ever since the latest update, I have been unable to view any of my artboards, when I try to preview with the play button, adobe XD crashes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings Emmanuel:

Do you see this with all your XD files or just this one?
    There was an issue with the first release of 10.14 that was causing an incompatibility with display driver + XD resulting in similar behavior. This was resolved in 10.14.2

Is it possible for you to update?

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

19. Adobe XD doesn't launch, close within launching

Version of Adobe XD: Current in Adobe Creative Cloud
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Just launch under win10 (1809)
    Expected result: Launching
    Actual result: Closing application window within launching

Can't launch this adobe application, another Adobe applications work well even Bridge, which I installed recently through the Cloud as XD. I updated from win7 Pro to latest version of win10 Pro, mayme this is the general reason. But after install through the cloud Adobe XD doesn't exist in Programs in Control pannel, any another Adobe applications exist there.

What I did to resolve:

• Relogin to Adobe cloud

• Reinstalled Adobe cloud
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base