Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard not responsive - have tried 34689346

In reference to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346--win10-application-stops-responding-keyboard

Keyboard is STILL intermittently unresponsive - I want to throw my computer, desk, monitor clean out the window and then burn everything.

This has gone on way too long!

Windows 10 Pro: 1809
    Build: 17763.529

Please advise?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace font dialog box won't open

When opening a document on a machine that has a missing font, the "Replace font" dialog won't open.

Steps:
    - Have a document that uses one or more fonts that are unavailable in the system
    - Right click the missing font in the assets panel and select "Replace font""
    - EXPECTED: The replace font dialog box opens to select a substitute font.
    - ACTUAL: Nothing happens. At all.

Note: Recorded on a mac machine, also tested on a windows machine with the same outcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suddenly missing fonts

I was working on an Xd file. Had to do a "hard" power down of my laptop. After restarting, it's showing both in my Cloud library and the file using library Roboto is missing.

I've checked Typekit and it's showing my fonts are activated.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    Jason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy Text Element and Paste in text element. Html code result

When I was copied some text element and paste in text element again, it was seen html code. gif has been added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not able to open XD

When I open XD from either desktop icon or directly from CC installer all I get is a big white screen. When I re-boot Windows I'm able to open XD but it opens slowly. After closing XD I'm unable to open it again and I get the same white screen, so I'm forced to re-boot Windows again and so on. Its been going on since the latest may update of XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Roll back

Unable to roll back to prior version. Sometimes theres another version number available under the Manage link in the CC installer, but if I choose that I get a text saying theres a newer version installed, so then I have to uninstall XD and repeat, but then I receive the same message telling me theres a newer version installed etc. I'm caught in this loop. It's very unstable cause if I try again, there's no option under Manage for choosing other versions all of a sudden. I can close the installer and return to it and suddenly there are two…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. export to Zeplin

Export to Zeplin doesn't contain the groups as elements just export as group and no developers can't take assets inside this groups.

So i have to Un-grouping them and mark as export one by one.

Need solutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. full screen

When opening a file on an external monitor and then going full screen sometimes the artboard area is very small and you must scroll and zoom inside this window. See video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rotating and Scaling

When I merge and then rotate objects the responsive resize moves behaves in such a way that it doesn't take into account rotation instead inheriting its anchor from the original group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to move preview window to other Desktop on Mac

How to recreate (view attached file as well)
    - Open an XD file on a Mac
    - Launch the preview window
    - On the trackpad, swipe up with 3 fingers to see currently open windows (should also see additional desktops at the top of the screen)
    - The XD preview window disappears, so you can't move it to another Desktop

Previously, until a recent update, the XD preview window appeared with all other open windows when swiping up with 3 fingers, and you could click and drag it to another desktop.

Computer is a Mid-2014 Macbook pro running macOS Mojave…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Symbol not updating, push override not working

When I I update the symbol, either from one existing on the artboard and then push override, or dragging a new symbol from the symbol menu list and then changing that one, it doesn't update all of them.

And on top of this, when I push an override (which does not work), my cmd+z no longer works, Adobe XD stops registering changes so EDIT>UNDO is greyed out, and then if I close the document, even though I have made changes (which it's unable to register) it does not prompt me to save the changes.

Huge mess. What is going on?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jess,

Can you please clarify the issue you’re having with push overrides? Only text and images can be overridden in a symbol. If you push overrides, all symbol instances (including the symbol definition) should update with the changes in the symbol instance you’re editing.

Is this not the case for you? Does this behavior happen with all XD files, or just one file in particular?

We’re investigating the undo/redo issue.

Thank you,
    Joe

13. Can not create a standard 1140px grid system

I can not create a standard centered 1140px width grid with 12 cols and 30px gutter on a 1920px width artboard, with the current gridsystem. The other numbers keeps changing when I try and correct one of them (margins, gutter width etc). Either the col or gutter width gets wrong or the margins.
    I get that half of the colums need 1px more then the others but can we work around it somehow? Photoshop succeeds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Layers shifting between Mac/Windows

I'm working on a Mac (10.14.3) - My colleague is opening the same file on Windows (10.0.17134) We both have Xd version 17.0.12.11.

Bug: When a file is opened on Mac, saved then closed, then re-opened on Windows, some elements shift position (upwards) between the two systems.

If the file is amended on Windows, saved, then opened on Mac, the changes are applied as 'over-corrected'.

Eg: My file (Mac) has a 20px button with text vertically centred. When a colleague (Windows) opens the file the text has shifted upwards (the shift seems to be a random value) - if they…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Symbol instances count is incorrect

In the assets panel, a symbol tooltip may show one placed instance, but when user attempts to highlight that instance, no instance is found. See attached screenshots. (Windows, all recent versions including latest as this date.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot open .xd files located in Box Drive

1. Adobe XD CC Starter 16.0.2.8 on Windows 10 Professional 1803 / 1809

2. Repro step- Double-click an XD file located in the Box Drive folder.

3. We expect to be able to open XD files from synced drives in the same way that they work from the local filesystem.

4. The XD application opens and users are presented with 'There was an error opening the file (Error code: 165) ' . Launching XD manually and then attempting to open the file from within the application doesn't work either, there is no error but the file is not opened and XD stays on the…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Chris:

Do you see this problem when working with local files? Doesn’t seem like it but wanted to confirm.

The best way to have files synced to cloud, is by using XD Cloud file saving, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/manage-work-cloud-documents.html

To help investigate what might be happening, can you do the following:
    - Run Creative Cloud log collector tool
    - Post resulting logs in cloud drive (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc) and share link with me xduv@adobe.com, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

18. Voice commands and output not in German

I have installed German and English language on my MacOS, with German being the default language.

Yet, voice commands are only possible in English. German doesn't work, even though it is my default language.

Also, I cannot select a German voice (e.g. Anna or Markus) for voice output. I can only use English ones (e.g. Sally). The effect is that German voice output (output text is a German sentence) has a heavy English accent.

Also, when I use the XD app on my iPhone, which has only German installed but not English, it still only works with English, whyever.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adobe XD opens with blank white screen and disappear in windows 10

I have tried all workarounds mentioned in adobe forums and yet no luck. Tried re-installing the program/downgraded nothing did worked out. I have attached a screenshot of the white screen and after around 20 seconds the window disappears.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Responsive artboard doesn't work in reviewer mode

Responsive artboard works well in design mode but if I export it to "reviewer" there is nothing responsive anymore (tried 100 different settings - no chance)

xd version:18.2.12.2
    mac os: 10.14

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base