Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to drag layers of elements or components

1. Version 21.2.12.3 (Starter) running on Windows 10 Home.

2. Keep left mouse button pressed while hovering a component or element layer to move (drag).

3. Rearrange layers, drop them into an existing folder or artboard in case of components.

4. Nothing happens. Layers remain static.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe XD for Jira 2.0 not functional on service desk projects

Error reads: "Hmm, there seems to be a problem adding this link."

Is this new version release and bug due to "new view" changes in Jira on other project types (not service desk ones currently)?

Are there workarounds for this drop of functionality?

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error code 88

Cannot open file

There was an error opening the file Untitled-2.xd.
    This is not a valid xd document.

XD version provided in the screenshot attached.

Windows 10 operating system

The files were saved in the my own system.

impact- the saved work cannot be retrieved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Undo and save option stop working after movig elements to different artboard

Undo option dissapears as well as save (only save as stays) after alt+move element from one artboard to another.

version 21.2.12.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shortcut CMD + - stop working after update on version 19

Zooming shortcuts stopped working on new version 19 of XD. Classic key +/- works well, but Numlock keys +/- stopped working. Using iMac.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. undo

Undo and redo are not working. Also, I can't copy an item with option + drag like I'm used to.

I have the lastest version of XD (20.0.12.10). I've reset the computer, restarted XD, saved my file to both cloud and desktop, logged out of CC and logged back in, quit CC and restarted. It's still doing this.

You never really realize how essential Cmd Z really is until it stops working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Jira user with apostrophe has page update issue with Adobe XD add-on

We experience an issue with Adobe XD for Jira add-on.
    We believe the issue is potentially caused by apostrophe in Jira username.

After installing the add-on, this particular user sees page ‘freezing’ whenever she updates the ticket such as comment.
    The comment gets published, but she has to refresh page to see the update.

She can reproduce the issue on two different machines (MacOS, Windows) with different browsers.
    Below is the error message in console log.

Note, when we disable the add-on, the issue goes away.

Jira version: 7.13.0
    Jira Core version: 7.13.0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances

Hello XD Team,

Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances.

1. Create a master component (e.g. rectangle + text).

2. Groupe 3 instances of this new master component and make a new master Component out of this group.

3. Change any visual appearance withing the new big master component (eg. rectangle color / text color)

4. paste an instance of this MC and see, that the color changes will not be displayed

this is a core functionality for us at IBM. Before this is fixed, we can not productively use XD.
    I really hope you will be able…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot move or add the layers in the components

Once I created component, made a repeat grid, it was not allowing me to adjust the layers within the component or even add a new layer to the component.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe XD uses Mobile Data vs WiFi

I have a problem/bug. I was working in Live Preview Adobe XD (iPhone X App) with turned on WiFi (!) and mobile data (on iPhone X) and connected to my Desktop PC via USB (Windows 10). And after some time, I have received a message from my mobile carrier that my mobile data reached 100% for this month. I know this is impossible because there was plenty left. I know this was used by Adobe XD. I'm in the process of switching from Photoshop to XD. And this is the only new thing I was using this month.

About the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dragging elements off artboard become hidden (intermittently)

Weird issue I noticed happening the other day, and again just now. Some elements stay linked to the artboard they previously occupied even after I've dragged them off. I don't always notice this has happened, until I select an artboard and notice elements surrounding it suddenly appear, then disappear when the artboard is deselected.

1. Version 15.0.12.8

2. Select an element and drag it off an artboard.

3. I expect the element to stay visible; I expect the element to stay visible even though it is not attached to an artboard.

4. Sometimes the selected/dragged element immediately becomes hidden, even when its borders are…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drop shadow ruins image quality when exporting to pdf/svg

When I'm trying to export my XD file in a pdf or SVG format it ruins the quality of the shape or image if I use a drop shadow. If I remove the shadow, the quality is maintained. Can you fix this problem somehow?

Adobe XD version: 21.0.12.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assets, color picker is missing

I just install Adobe XD 19.1.22.6
    and follow the introduction tutorial (in app and video)

In step 09, I notice that in the asset panel, when right click on a color and select "Edit", there is no more the color picker (pipette icon).

I guess that would be handy to put it back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cannot copy elements to other documents. Some documents don't register changes and Undo/Redo doesn't work. in latest XD update22 Aug 2019.

Cannot copy elements to other documents. Some documents don't register changes and Undo/Redo doesn't work. in latest XD update22 Aug 2019.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save as new document automatically autosaves the previous document

Saving the current project as a new one after making changes automatically trigers saving the current changes to both of the files.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open up a project (for example "document.xd")

2. Make some changes

3. Save it as "document_alternative.xd"

4. Both - document.xd and document_alternative.xd are now the same file

In every other app from the CC, the "Save as" feature is saving just the new instance of the document, and automatically lets you work with it. The previous one is not updated. Is it a design? If so it can be really misleading, I have lost a lot of my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Aspect ratio is correct but it won't fit to screen when using mobile preview app

when I have a 360x640 artboard it has the exact same aspect ratio as a 1080x1920 phone. however when viewing the proto on that phone, or any of several phones that match that aspect ratio, the artboard doesn't fit to the screen, and instead all the way around the board it leaves a black space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exporting to After Effects issues

I'm having problems with how objects are rendered in AE after export from XD.

1. Objects with gradients are converted to JPGs

2. Blurred object with gradient applied doesn't show up at all

3. Shadows are rendered differently than in XD (different blur and radious)

4. Shadows and low opacity objects don't show up in preview in AE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After 3 hs of work, Undo, Redo and Drag+Alt function ceased to work

Yesterday morning I updated Adobe XD to it's newest version. Today I was working in a very important proyect and after 3 hours of work Undo, Redo, Drag+Alt and copy+paste of components ceased to work. Im doing what I can with Ctrl+D (duplicate) to keep working but its really frustrating.
    I already tried all the solutions I saw on previous posts
    - Restart application
    - Restart CPU
    - Change window and then go back to XD
    - Save

I need to fix this ASAP.

EDIT: Just tried opening Creative Cloud and from there the XD and seemed to work. All…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Error Export to Zeplin

Adobe XD 20.2.12.1 -- Windows 10 -- Selection of work tables to export to Zeplin. (CNTROL + ALT + E), but the error appears xdtool.exe (55665 dump)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Undo (cmd+z) stops working

Undo stops working specifically after copying and then pasting a component. The undo command is greyed out in the menu and the key command is inoperable for any subsequent changes. You have to shut down the project and reopen to resolve it. I'm having to be careful not to paste any components at the moment.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base