Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SVG replace not working

Hi,

I can insert an image in a rectangle with drag and drop from my windows explorer. After that, I can replace it by dragging another image over the rectangle. This also works in a repeat grid.

Now my problem. If I do this for SVG's (like icons etc.), it works by dragging the SVG in the rectangle. It automatically fits the rectangle boundaries.

I can't however, replace the svg with another svg. So this doesn't work for repeat grids as well.

I use svg's for icons I created. And show them in a list.

I'm using version 13.1.32.8

Is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Thomas:

Thanks for the detailed info! When you say you try to replace with another SVG, is it that it doesn’t update? Or do you see any visual feedback that indicates the operation is not permitted?

I’m not seeing the same thing on my end. I’m working with SVG files which have embedded assets. Any chance you have one that has linked asset instead?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

2. Can't add more than 11 character styles

XD version 13.0.12.14
    Mac OS X 10.13.6

I usually need about 20 or more to account for responsive breakpoints.

For example, an H1 could have two size variants, one for XS screens and a second for XL. I'd have to create a style for each size (i.e. H1 XS and H1 XL). Attached is an elements board for clarity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings Michael:

I’m working on Mac + XD 13.1 (our latest release) and able to add 20 character styles. Not sure if there’s a limit, but for sure not 11 on my end :)

Can you provide detailed steps of how you’re going about adding that 11th style? Is it possible that you might have a text object selected which already has character style saved in the assets panel?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. pan

XD seems to get stuck in Zoom model for me and does not pan at all. I use a dell laptop with a touch pad and Windows 10. You tend to get stuck in Zoom and your work area/project totally disappears off screen. There is no way to get the pan feature to work so that you relocate your work. The only way I could get through the tutorial was to zoom in on parts of it section by section. I'm used to applications that zoom when you click the zoom button and then automatically stop zooming when you stop…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Eyedropper broken on Mac OS Mojave

On the latest version of Mac OS Mojave (10.14.1), Adobe XD's eyedropper tool gets "stuck" and only chooses colors from the actual eyedropper icon itself. It seems to be a graphics issue in connection with Mac OS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Typing the letter "J" at the beginning of a "point textbox" causes the textbox to move left 1-2 points depending on font size

Version 12.0.12.10
    Creative Cloud Sync 4.0.0.46
    Windows 10 Pro N - Version 1703
    Desktop i7-4770 - 32 GB

Whenever I type the letter "J" at the beginning of a left-aligned "point textbox", the textbox will move left 1-2 points depending on the font size. Also, when I use an "area texbox" the J visually sticks out of the text box boundary. This doesn't appear to happen with any other letter.

Upon further review, it seems that this is only happening with the font "Open Sans". It also seems that setting other fonts to italics (doesn't matter which font), the text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cannot see Reross-Quadratic Reross-Rectangular in downloaded Melanie-Hidden-Treasures-UI-kit-Reross even though its synced via Adobe typekit

1) Donwloaded Melanie-Hidden-Treasures-UI-kit-Reross
    2) Opened the same in Adobe XD
    3) Synced all the fonts which were missing
    4) Being Synced all ready I still see the following missing Reross-Quadratic
    Reross-Rectangular

Please fix to let me use the KIT or at least check how the applied font looks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Locked Ratio doesn't work anymore with manual number input (latest updates)

When trying to proportionately resize a locked ration from an object, the resize only follows one axis (x or y).

How to reproduce :

1. Draw a square

2. Lock it's ration

3. Try and scale it up or down by modifying one of the values

Observed :
    The object is distorted and not proportional at all

Expect:
    That the ratio would calculate itself like it used to be before

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Linked files not updating properly

When I copy paste a File the Linked Files revert back to a state that does not exist any more
    ERROR:
    1. Symbols have to be unlinked and then copy pasted in section. Very laborious activity, even then it a hit or miss.
    2. Sometimes, it's impossible to copy paste. T
    3. The descriptions change to an old state that does not exist in any files anymore. This is by far the most annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wacom Pen doesn't work without Mouse Click

1. Version:13.0.12.14 (windows os)

2. Open Xd , press space bar to activate the hand tool to move the canvas around and I'm unable to. This also happens when I switch from XD to the browser window then back to XD. I am unable to use the pen tool without an initial click of the mouse.

3. I expect to see the hand tool (once the space bar is down) and to be able to move my canvas without the assistance of the mouse.

4. Cursor arrow changes color from black to white and I am unable to move my canvas with my wacom…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Development" sub-menu navigation remains shown and interactive upon closing it

Ver. : 13.0.12.14

Upon opening (top level) side navigation, navigate to and expand "Plugins", and after expanding some of the active plugins and hovering back to top-level navigation, the plugins' menu remains open.

This active hover menu can be removed by clicking any of the options in it, returning XD in starting state.

Interaction showcase:
    http://take.ms/DVF7P

(You can see me managing to reproduce it briefly on 0:05 sec and later at the end where it remains active no matter the hover focus)

PS: I feel like it has something to do with expand-delay which is present when expanding "Development" submenu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Blaze:

Thanks for sharing details and video of your issue. I’m not seeing the same on my end with Win10 RS4 + XD 13. A lot of times these display performance issues are due to incompatible our outdated video card drivers. Can you see if there’s an updated driver for your video card + update?

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

11. Duplicated Elements and Symbols

I don't know what happened or how it happened, but all of the sudden, a file that I've been constantly working in for the past two weeks has had all of its elements duplicated on every artboard. At first, I thought it was maybe the symbols (this is my first time really, truly utilizing them), but I'm noticing it on elements that were there prior to setting up symbols in the file.

I have been copying and pasting elements/symbols from the Material UI XD file (xd-resources-material-design-ui), but again, I'm seeing the duplication on elements that were not created as symbols…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cursor doesn't show active tool

Version 13.0.12.14

Regardless of what tool is selected, the cursor shows the selector tool until you actually click on something. Then it returns to the selector tool cursor as soon as you stop clicking.

This means that, when you're working quickly, you often don't know what tool is active, resulting in many mis-clicks. Users have to constantly scan the toolbar or do "trial clicks" to find out what tool is active.

The cursor should always show the active tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Tom:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I wonder if what you’re seeing is expected.

I gave it a go on my Mac system w/XD 13 and here’s what I see. When I place cursor over pasteboard or artboard area, and select different tools using keyboard shortcut, it changes to reflect the active tool. If I use mouse, on mouse-down in tools bar, the cursor remains an arrow but changes to the actively selected tool when hovering over pasteboard or artboard.

If you’re seeing something different, post further.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

Can you give this a try and let me know if you see the same?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

13. ungroup mask missing

the ungroup mask feature has disappeared, and i'm now unable to break apart a shape mask

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PSD Inner Shadow

Hello,

Hello,

I haved a simple shape with an inner shadow in Photoshop as a PSD file. This inner shadow disappears when opening it in XD.

You may replicate that with that simple PSD file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Unfortunately this is working as expected currently. The best way to manage this now is to save as png in PS and import. Though I’m guessing you might want all the layers available to edit in XD.

I did a bit of looking over in the XD feature request forum and nothing popped up as specifically addressing this. But I encourage you to take a look and upvote posts that support your requirement. As well as open new report detailing what you’re trying to do so the team can better understand what you’re looking for.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. Deleting Text Boxes

Adobe XD does not allow you to select and delete text sometime. Sometimes it allows you to click and edit and/or delete. Other time it doesn't. Inconsistent performance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. XD files overwritten by old file.

I have worked on a project for a while. I last updated and published it mid-October. However I cannot find that file. It is not in my trash, which I haven't emptied since September. It is not in my cloud files. It is not on my Mac. All that remains is the derivative file with the same name which was last modified in February, without any of the last 8 months of work. It appears all my work has been written over by an 8 month old save with the same name.... Please help me find a solution to this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Liam:

Can you tell me what version of XD you’re working with? What about OS version.

What location were you saving the file you mention. Was it ever saved to an external drive? Is it at all possible you renamed in the Finder? What about recent files? Is there an instance there that appears to point to
    the more recent version of the file?

Unsaved files at exit appear in recent list with “*” icon in name. If there was any app issue, crash recovery may have kicked in. For that case, temporary files are saved in the following location: ~/Library/Application/Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

Is it possible that you opened the old file unintentionally and save to same location as your updated one?

Let me know if any of the above helps.

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

17. Grid jumps back to deafult after setting

Grid jumps back to default closing app.

I have on numerous occasions run into the grid resizing itself to default, after adjusting it - and closing the document when finished. Working on a mac (high sierra) my XD (13.0.12.14) on reopening a document has changed its grid.

I want a 12 columns grid with some gutter - nothing fancy - but its doesnt keep .

pls fix this :)

Thanks

Wouter - 0031648509525

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. error code 47

I got error code 47.

Adobe XD CC version: 13.0.12.14
    macOS High Sierra version: 10.13.6

Please fix it quickly.
    Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Can you please tell me more about your issue?

• does it happen with any file?
    • does it happen with only 1 file?
    • where is the file located on your system? Local drive/cloud?
    • how did it happen? Is it a new file or an existing one?
    • was the file working properly before the upgrade?
    • did you machine crash at any point while dealing with this file?

Cheers,
    M.

19. Artboard Title Text overwrites

As previously described, however that report has been closed, so I need to open a new report here.

Place an artboard to the extreme right hand side of the work area and then see if you can edit the name. The edits overwite the old name and scramble the display. The name still displays correctly in the layers pallet.

I don't have the problem with artboard name edits in the left part of the screen/work area!

This does need some attention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. text

Text gets broken after export to pdf. See attached files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base