Request details

Basic Text Transform: all caps, all lowercase

Add basic text transform like there is in Illustrator to make it easier and faster for developers to code your designs. Our developers have to waist time retyping text for layouts that have already been designed. At least basic uppercase and lowercase.

2,547 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

260 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah Even though the Shift + F3 workaround exists it's not very workflow friendly to use. This should have been in day one. Modifying text needs to be easy.

• Anzid art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey guys .. untill they do this .. you can select your text and use Shift + f3 ...
        thank you :) anonyme

• Luke Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Adobe XD'ers!

I made some AppleScripts that will transform a selected text box to lowercase or uppercase.
        Next, using BetterTouchTool, I assigned the AppleScripts to a 'key sequence'.

Here's how I did it:
        http://bit.ly/adobe-xd-text-transform

Here are the scripts:
        http://bit.ly/adobe-xd-uppercase and http://bit.ly/adobe-xd-lowercase

The step by step is below.
        --------------------------------
        How to create custom keyboard shortcuts for transforming text to uppercase or lowercase in Adobe XD for Mac.

Prerequisite: Install BetterTouchTool: https://folivora.ai/

I'll do uppercase first.

Grab the AppleScript from bit.ly/adobe-xd-uppercase

Paste it in a text editor or a Script Editor and save the script file in a home of its own.

Open BetterTouchTool

Create an App Specific Shortcut for Adobe XD

Then click Add New Shortcut or Key Sequence

I'm going to create a new key sequence instead of a keyboard shortcut. A key sequence triggers an action based on a sequence of keys rather than pushing a combination at the same time.

Don't worry it's easy!

Click Key Sequence > Record New Key Sequence

The key sequence I'll record will be ⌘ u c
        (for uppercase).

Choose Trigger Predefined Action and search for AppleScript (blocking or async is fine)

Choose Select AppleScript File > Choose AppleScript File from Disk

Navigate to the home of the AppleScript file

Select Save, then restart BetterTouchTool

Let's test it out.

Go to Adobe XD

Make a text box

Make sure you exit the edit mode for Adobe XD

Trigger the key sequence ⌘ u c (remember, one then the other, not all together).

Yay she works!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey guys .. untill they do this .. you can select your text and use Shift + f3 ...

Missing uppercase? Come on. Anything related to text styles should have been there from day one. A massive % of building web pages and apps involves styling text.

Every new version I hope they integrate this, but they are too busy adding some "nice to have"s instead of BASIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS! Adobe! Please! How can you promote the workflow of XD as easy and intuitive and at the same time ignore to integrate basic text formatting options for YEARS now? This should have been there from the start

• Aespalizo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insane. Crazy. How can this option is completely unavailable in XD. A simple All caps or all small. Need to check as soon as possible which text style is looking good in my design. Please add this option ASAP.

• Billy Bowyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is insane, I want to quickly check and see if my website menu looks better as all-caps or capitalised. I should be able to toggle All-caps on and off like I can in Photoshop, but I have to retype out every menu item, and if I don't like it I have set it back again! this is nuts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base