Request details

Basic Text Transform: all caps, all lowercase

Add basic text transform like there is in Illustrator to make it easier and faster for developers to code your designs. Our developers have to waist time retyping text for layouts that have already been designed. At least basic uppercase and lowercase.

2,556 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

260 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a required feature. To not have it is terrible

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add features to work with text that can be achieved with CSS. That would seem logical as this is supposed to be a UI design app. This is the third time I've tried to use XD for design and it reveals itself to be useless within 10 mins.

• Wolfgang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it that every new Adobe app is great on the surface and utterly crap on the seccond look? I'm back in the sketch land.

• Eli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, All caps is very essential. Why is this a big deal? You added underline lately, why not add all of them since they are belonging to the same category.

All caps please, as well as tracking, underline, strikethrough, Superscript ect

It would be nice if there were more character editing abilities such as All Caps.

• Cyrill Studer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! Not even the OS' case transformation option in the contextual menu (right click) is available.

Btw, Shift+F3 doesn't work for me here on Mac.

i’m missing on all kinds of detail-typography. small caps, open type features, stylisitc alternatives and so on! looking forward to having them in XD.

• Scott Ruth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is fundamental. I was surprised that XD came out of beta without simple things like this.

Please add the ability to format text with all caps, underline, etc. This would be especially helpful when using text within symbols. Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base