Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Since updating to XD50 and being forced to replace slashes with dashes for naming components, I can no longer export my components successfully to Zeplin. Zeplin relies on the slash to recognize components as variants and output code. My over 600 components will no longer be recognized as variants in Zeplin and it messes with my entire naming convention that I created in XD. When fixing this issue, please automate changing back my dashes to their original slashes so I don't have to manually fix over 600 component names that now have a dash. Here is a video to further…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1) Similar to the Asset Export window in Adobe illustrator
    2) Easy to Select All / Deselect All
    3) Easy to rename (each asset individually) and format (add prefix/suffix and replace text of multiple assets)
    4) Select multiple export formats at once: PNG+SVG+WEBP+etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be incredibly helpful to expose some of the Export dialogue options for non-designer team members.

1. Allow free, and authorized users to browse an Adobe XD Library (specifically components and component states)
    2. Give users the ability to export Library components/assets from the web with tools similar to the "Asset Export" panel in Adobe Illustrator.
    3. Right now the tools on the Library website are incredibly clunky and not user-friendly. They are not designed for presentation and browsing, and it is hard to see details in the images in the “Share” link export.

Thank you.

It would be a huge workflow relief…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Description of the feature
    Allow me to mark all comments as read, or dismiss all notifications of comments on Adobe XD online.

Why this is valuable to you
    I have to go through lots of feedback, and it would be really helpful if the notifications would get marked as read when I read the comment in the app. In addition, marking all of the notifications as read allows me to clear up the space a lot faster rather than having to manually click all of the notifications. One last thing - it's slow to mark everything as read because the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area

Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area.format. This is how guides/rulers work in all other Adobe apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Something I used to use in Axure constantly was the ability to show and hide elements on a single screen. It would open up lots of possibilities, add tons of flexibility, and reduce the number of artboards needed if in XD we could trigger actions to either show or hide one or more components on an artboard. It would be even more amazing if when choosing the show component action, you could also set the component's state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Figma can export their files to XD WITH all the folders. Everything is perfect.
    Why can't XD do the same when exporting XD to AE? Right now we get massive layers losing folders and all the required organization of elements.

Both products are from the same company. Seems it should be easy. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we please have it available where its possible to have one area scroll vertically and horizontally for web, scroll groups look weird on web. Because I would like for the rectangle or the area it to have its own scroll bar. Scroll groups only make sense for mobile, not web, its kind of limiting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be if we could convert a shape from like say an ellipse to a square just as in illustrator, so as to not waste time to recreate icons if I want to change from circular icons to square. As previously stated for software that was made to save time it sure does waste a lot, especially, when it comes to the fact that things like this are standard/were thought out already in other adobe software & could have easily been implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have to tiles next to each other, that each have a hover state. But since the hover state is bigger than the original tile and it streches across the neighboring tile, i can only ever correctly show the hover on one tile. The other tile (which is layered above the first tile) hides part of it.

This is very annoying, because I cannot properly show the supposed interaction.

I need to be able to select something like "on hover select state 'hover' and bring element to front"
    or
    hide the hover element to show it on interaction with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. With the current specifications, if the component file owner's account expires,
    There is no way to maintain a relationship with the shared instance file.
    The above is a big problem when handing over to a third party.

Create a component and an instance in the same document and
    You can save it locally, but
    It is not realistic because the data will be recreated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. I work on a path planning project.
    User must preview the path.

I NEED to produce several iterations of the same path animation, with different colors or informations.
    XD will allow me to implement the path representations in the app, without reproducing the user journey in After Effects : It becomes "real"
    Then I can test each version of the path, very easily, and get precious feedbacks

After Effect is the tool => export a transparent video
    because AFAIK it doesn't export transparent gif

Back into XD, my app structure (background, menus, etc) remains unchanged, and we can test every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I detailed the process in support : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/drag-transition-on-an-component-with-hover-state-inside-a-xy-scrollable-area-not-so-easy/td-p/12596044

a clear example of what's missing is attached
    (source here : https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html)
    It is fine to drag a map. But drag interaction of an item snapped on the map won't work…

The idea is to be able to recreate drag/drop interaction inside draggable area.
    exactly like the way you move a pin on a map.
    pin has a :
    - initial status
    - hover status
    - (optional) in progress (during the move) status
    - released status

while the map remains draggable, and the pin location attached to the map as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There’s a number of problems that arise when the component instances don’t have their own name field. Component instances should have an instance name and a name field that always maps back to the master.

Currently, the logic is, if you rename an instance, the connection between the master’s name and the instance name is severed. Though, the actual inheritance link between the master and instance is still intact. This causes a confusing user experience. You can’t tell what’s derived from what.

The current logic is too clever for its own good. If you decide to change the name of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To be able to define the text box width with 'ch' like in HTML. Similar to what Webflow has implemented: https://webflow.com/feature/control-width-of-text-elements-by-character-count-using-ch-unit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When loading Adobe XD files that have existing assets from other documents. This blue alert bar shows up at the bottom of the screen.

"Assets no longer update across documents without a library. Publish a library from source document to continue using linked assets. Learn more"

This message is not helpful because it doesn't tell me which assets in the document are cross linked.

Working in a corporate environment with many designers and existing documents means there is no way for me to know which assets have been cross posted.

Please add a way to turn on and off a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Repetition grid are awesome, we know it. It works well with PC (mouse interaction) since the hover is immediatly looking for the hover state of a component.

It's less magical when trying to navigate a grid with controller where the hover is not accessible.

We should have preset that understand that using dpad/joystick navigation in the grid toggle hover state on/off without having to define in the prototype view the very bulky :

• Press Dpad left (joystick left) go to state Hover on button 2
    • Press Dpad bottom (joystick bottom) go to state Hover on button 4 ...
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. there is an problem with xd's number like transform is arabic numbers and scale of artboart is english numbers how I wanna solve (windows 11)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. I want you to be able to enter decimal numbers in the padding numbers of the group.
    It is inconvenient that you can handle the decimal point for other positions and sizes, but not the value here.
    When considering character units (em, rem, etc.) as a reference when coding CSS, there are cases where a decimal point is required when converting to px, so I would like you to be able to enter a decimal point here as well.

要望 グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力

グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力できるようにして欲しい。
    他の位置やサイズなどは小数点を扱えるがここの値は扱えないのが不便です。
    CSSコーディングの際に文字単位(em,remなど)を基準として考える場合、px換算すると小数点が必要になるケースがあるので、ここも小数点の数値が入力できるようにして欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)