Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hi there,

Thanks for the new feature - password on shared prototype.
    Everything works well, except that I need to generate secured password by myself.

So, kindly add auto generate feature.

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be so helpful to be able to move all the connections linked to 1 page and attach them to another 1.

For example: I connected 30 pages to the Home page, but now my Home is another one and I'd like to move all those connections to the new one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Best ways to design consistently is via grids. I would love to set width's of my design elements using number of columns.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Options like "bring to front" & "bring to back" are used very often when drawing mockups, but currently it needs 3 clicks (right click -> arrange -> bring to front). If there was a button in the right panel (like the alignment buttons), we could do it with 1 click.

Of course there is always the keyboard shortcut, but in some languages they are quite weird key combinations (especially if you dont want to move your right hand from the mouse to the keyboard) and when drawing stuff, we have our hand on the mouse anyway and thus having a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a group out of some elements, convert it into a symbol and then ungroup the symbol instance. The result will be that you have the elements in the group all standalone instead of getting back your group.

Solution: When ungrouping a symbol instance convert it into a group named by the symbol's (current) label. I experienced that it is more often the case that you want to keep your element compositions grouped but only change some detail on it for specific purposes.

At the moment you have to group things twice and name the outer and inner group the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently the 'Object Blur' extends the blur outside of the object's width/height.

It would be great to have a blur option to have a hard edge instead, so if the blur continues off the bounds of the object it would not be visible (eg only blurring the interior content, not the edge).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The most dominant requirement for the app is to view the 'Live Preview' so make this the first option and 'don't make me think' and to have to keep clicking onto 'Live Preview' every time I open the app please. Options should be in this order: Live preview (active on open app), XD Documents, Settings. Thanks guys. James

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This only applies to Windows as the same mouse on MacOs is perfect:

Zooming with alt + scroll wheel is way too fast. One scroll step on the mouse is 30% magnification! (from 100% one step is -> 130%)

And before you tell me to change my mousewheel settings, I'll tell you it's fine i Photoshop, where one step is 10%. (from 100% -> 110%)

In XD step by step: 50% -> 65% -> 84% -> 109% -> 142% -> 185% -> 241% -> 313% -> 407%

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm not what most would consider a Pro user but I've always loved and supported Adobe's application integration (the 'edit with' submenu, smart object, linked item, etc.) So maybe a nice implementation with the eventual integrations with 'send to Muse', or 'convert to Illustrator artboards', etc. might be:

Upon importing an asset or making a symbol, since these may be simply placeholders for actual assets, would be to have the ability to give them a definition of 'type'. This could be a variety of things but if you're prototyping a spot for a carousel but the content isn't yet made…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pleasantly suprised with the latest update. It's not there yet but I'm sure it will. So far did some tests with the export sheet for iOS and Android and I found two improvements:

• For iOS: When selecting a border of 0.5 px, the size is shown correctly but the height is set to 0px. This caused some confusion.
    • For Android: It would be great if colors and their opacity appear in #AARRGGBB for Android. i.e. #FFFFFF, 50% should appear like: #80FFFFFF
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It’s best if you only file one idea per ticket instead of lumping them together like this. That being said, the first issue sounds like a bug, so I’ll convert this ticket to reflect the feature request. Can you file the bug as a separate ticket in the Bugs section of UserVoice? Thanks!

-Elaine

12. Would be ideal to allow the user to add additional guides in the center of gutters, so that when you're designing something with no gutters, there is still a guide to snap to. Really badly described, but hopefully the attached will explain it better.

Either that or the guides could have an invisible snap point in the center of the gutters.

Am I the only person who sets grids up like this in PS?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would love to see an integration with Adobe Illustrator Symbols!
    Will give the users an easier way to work and export directly from AI symbol panel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you open layer/link panel the canvas view of your artboards shifts horizontally. quite annoying when using shortcuts and moving between them or switching on off.

dont see the use of artboards moving/making space for the panel. i think it would be better for the artboards to stay in place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently the View of a XD file in the Webinterface inside Creative Cloud is pretty bare.

It would be great, to add a rich preview of the file like the on Photoshop or Illustrator Files. This could be split up into different sections like full file Preview, the Prototype view and a view for Developers to extract measures and assets.

This way you automatically get access control to the prototype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows 10
    XD Version 0.8.22.17 Beta

When duplicating artboards, I would expect the new artboard to appear in the artboard list above the artboard I duplicated (which is the current behavior for layers), but it always appears at the very top of the artboard list as if I had performed copy and paste instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. This feature is available in other Adobe products. This screenshot is from illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you allow a user to post directly from the tool this would really save time.
    Then if you allow us to select areas of the artboards that we are referring to, screen grab/ record, that will also help out a lot.

Right now, it is very disruptive to switch back and forth between browser and XD to post an idea...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would find it extremely handy if I could change the symbol on one artboard only, to allow me to see how color changes are effecting f.exp. the icon.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)