Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export size options (e.g. export only 2x version)

The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-under-review  ·  57 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swap symbols / replace with symbol

Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show scroll bar in published prototypes

When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

276 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paragraph spacing / Soft Returns

User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export files to flinto and Principle

What I love from XD is the ability to design and prototype in the same tool without having to install hundreds of plugins and the lightweight that it is. Sometimes have to animate things faster with custom animations and I use these tools (Principle and Flinto) to create them. I've been obligated to recreate my designs into this tools then animate. It should be nice to have a export tool to this tools or others.

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Round corners on path anchor points

It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. LottieFiles in design and prototypes

Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flow text line wrapping around/inside a shape

I would like to be able to wrap text around an object or another text block as with InDesign.

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shared cloud document folder

I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include Baseline Grid for text

I really like the feature on InDesign where you can view the baseline grid for text. Since the placement of text on a website depends on where it sits in its own baseline grid, it would be really helpful if there was a way to toggle it on and off.

Having this would make it easier to know where exactly a block of text would be placed if it were say, 30px underneath an image.

It would also really help if I wanted to make a word have a background color, so I could easily figure out how tall that…

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export XML Layout Code for Android

Based on the Android components I would like the export all my layouts with assets. I would to import the xml document into my Android studio and drag the assets into Android studio have most of the front end tools layout everything.

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Locked objects should be completely disabled

At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nested Overlays

Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change default fill and stroke settings (color, etc.) used when drawing new shapes

It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Set width and height in percentages

When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  27 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Adobe Fonts (Typekit)

Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  9 comments  ·  06 : Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export interactive prototype as native mobile app (iOS, Android)

Hi,

I'm Head of Brand Management in a marketing department. And more and more often we need to make a simple app to our colleagues in sales. Very simple functionality but vital information. The problem is that our development department do not have time and recourses to help us doing the coding for us.
    So basically my suggestions is quite simple: Why can't Adobe XD have a export or build function like nativ.com or Appy Pie where you can build an app without coding. I do my designs in XD, Photoshop etc. and I have a licens for Adobe CC…

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display online comments in desktop application

It's great to have add and see comments in the online prototype. But even better (for the designer) would be to see those comments in the design file.

I envision a third tab next to Design and Prototype: Comments (or Feedback). When you go to that tab, you see all your artboards, but you also see any comments that have been made on the online prototype. Pin or bubble icons (or whatever) appear next to artboards with comments, which you can click to pull up the comments in a comments panel (similar to the layers and symbols panels, but perhaps…

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set object to default to no stroke

Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base