Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. You shouldn't have to share to a link in order to see your CSS Specs... would be nice to be able to see and copy them from within XD

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I often use the angle values to rotate my gradients—most often from 0 to 90 (to switch between vertical gradients to horizontal ones). I know this can be accomplished by dragging the on-canvas gradient editor segment, but it slows down my workflow trying to get the end points to align on the x or y axis perfectly. Even if you could hold shift while moving the end points so it snaps to the 45, 90, etc. angles, that would be a huge help.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There needs to be an option, on Prototype mode, to "tile" background images.

For example: this Adobe XD web page has a background image (or DIV) that repeats on the x-axis no matter how wide the browser window is (dark gray, horizontal top-bar).

That feature would make the prototypes look as cloase as possible to what a web page would actually look in the wild.

Thank you!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I created a set of cards recently, with at least 50px shadow around them. When I wanted to create a repeat-grid out of it, it calculated the repeat-grid-items from where the shadow started and not the grid. This made it super difficult to work inside my grid. Please ignore the shadows as these are not part of the layout and the grid should be only for the elements and not the shadow.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Super-admins (enterprise level) should be able to:
    -View, edit, delete, create teams
    -View, edit, delete, add team members + owners
    -Assign/ remove teams to/ from projects

Team Admins (manager level) should be able to:
    -Add members to a team
    -Remove members from a team
    -Edit role-based access permissions for each member of the team related to project access (Team admin, Collaborator, Reviewer, Approver)

Teams are associated with:
    -Projects (specs, style guides, prototypes)
    -Asset libraries & UI kits

This is related to the following feature requests (that I could discover)
    :
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16963429-user-permissions-for-collaboration

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13061826-collaboration-on-same-document-real-time-or-check

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12930321-creative-cloud-library-support-share-symbols-asse

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12935340-shared-style-guide-within-members-of-a-team-objec

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think it would make it really easy on users if you could add a keyboard shortcut that would allow the left-up-down-right arrow keys to switch selections between art boards or components (would be nice to insta swap art-boards or just have them animate to focus on the desired board). I don't like the idea of having to use my mouse and space-bar. It just feels really inefficient.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I was wondering if there could be a feature in Experience Design that allows clients' comments made in the online interactive prototypes to be forwarded to my coworkers' email accounts versus to just my adobe CC account. Perhaps there could be a feature that allows me to add coworkers or clients to an XD project via my CC account so that they get notified whenever a comment is made. This would make it easier especially so I don't have to relay any updates on client comments to my co-workers.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. like in Photoshop or like iMac folder coloring - to quick initializing layers, probably I'm not first with this ask, just need ask

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The default background color should be a mid-tone gray and not black. It is against a midtone gray that color can be most accurately assessed. Of course the preferences should remain that one can change it but default black makes little sense for a designer or artist for whom color needs to be accurate.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Text properties has been greatly improved with individual portion styling in May update, including colours in the fresh June update.

However, the individual formatting doesn't conform to text files that are dragged into a text box in Repeat Grids mode (unless the number of characters in each word is matching exactly, see attachment ‘DragDropFormatting’).

I would love to see a feature in the future that lets you set up spacing margins between text boxes that are meant for ‘drag and drop’ text files. This lets you use individual styling for each box and keep the spacing consistent. See attachment ‘TextBoxMarginsHorizontal’

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice if I could hold the alt / option key and click on a colour in the asset panel, to apply it to the border of a selected shape, instead of having to right-click and then select "Apply to border"

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi, could it be possible to have a preview of the file selected in Finder Window?

Sometimes we have different files for the project and it would be helpful to be able to preview the content of the file without opening. (see attached)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Mac] Unintentional masking problem with SVGs when replacing via drag

Tried to find this in the forums, so I hope I'm not posting about a known issue!

I have an icon (SVG) in one of my layouts. I've duplicated my artboard several times. With regular images (like PNGs), I can just drag a new image onto the one I want to replace or swap out. Works fine. But if I use SVGs, dragging the new SVG icon onto an existing one creates a mask group...?

(v. 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, it makes sense! Once we import SVG, we essentially treat it like any other object. It sounds like you want to ensure that your SVGs retain some “image” properties and be able to swap them the way you can already swap images. I’ll keep this one as open for now! Thanks for getting back to us. :)

-Elaine

18. One thing I miss from Axure is the ability to select multiple items on the page using two options:
    1. everything contained in the selection box gets selected
    2. everything intersected by the selection box gets selected

Adobe XD only supports 2. above. When using lots of objects, option 1. often makes this a lot easier. Even selecting from the layers panel this isn't ideal. I'd love something similar to Axure in this respect

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am about to use it for design prototype for work. As I tested it, I found out the colour between design view and share online result have different colours.
    Please check the attached files. I tested with my own file and the examples from adobe.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice to be able to replace a group with a component. Here is a common use case: An artboard has been duplicated several times, and there is a change to the copy. The copy group is made into a component on one artboard, but the other artboards still have the groups. Being able to drop a symbol onto a group would quickly replace the grouped content with the component, which could then be updated universally. Additionally, if you could select multiple groups and have every group in the selection be replaced with a symbol, it would be…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)