Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. In the Beta vesion of XD there used to be a feature to add an icon (client logo etc.) to the Prototypes, so if you saved it to your homescreen (iOS) the icon would act as the favicon/home screen icon. This seems to have been dissabled in the official release, can we have it back as it was very useful. Ironically my old prototypes still have the icon in them and I no longer have any way of updating/removing them

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. All major OS typefaces (San Francisco, Roboto, Segoe UI) have small caps but they cannot be accessed in XD right now.

Small caps come in handy when designing user interfaces and should be accessible from within XD imo.

This is a subtask of OpenType: https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_pt.htm#smcp
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15025290-support-opentype-font-features

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. At the moment if you mask some layers or a group of layers (Mask with shape) you are not able to reorder them. They become locked, not it terms of repositioning them but your are not able to reorder them on the layer level. Right click and "Bring to front" etc. works though.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I noticed that alt + scroll mouse to zoom has an inverted behavior from the existing paradigms that the rest of the creative suite (like Photoshop and Illustrator) set. For example: scrolling up zooms in within XD while it zooms out within PS/AI. The request is to make XD's scroll consistent with the paradigms the rest of the creative suite has set with mouse scroll zoom.

2. Inconsistent and unexpected feature behavior, especially when moving between PS/AI and XD.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I copy a specific layer to another artboard, it should be placed above the chosen layer of the artboard, not on the top off all layers.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Similar to being able to populate repeat grids with drag/drop, allow them to be populated by JSON data. See: https://www.designernews.co/stories/51165-designing-with-data-sketch--json

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please allow webp images format to be imported or drag & drop directly to artboard.

This will lessen the time to convert webp to jpg, png, etc.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A lot of us have been using Fireworks for creating web/app layouts. If we could import those layered png's into XD it would really help to smooth the transition.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Flaticon.com website has MANY FREE & AWESOME icons or .svg files. It would be a stupendous idea to integrate an API of theirs into Adobe XD to quickly pull in svgs from their website for quick workflows! They have very high quality graphics that would make Adobe XD even more fun to use.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like if I could overlay multiple artboards on one artboard. for example. on the prototype I'm working on, tapping on the search icon is suppose to overlay a search text box, which is one artboard and is to slide left at the top. but I would also wish to overlay another artboard for the keyboard which is to side up from the bottom.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's hard to describe but the thing is: In Adobe XD it's not possible to to what's shown in the attachment (it's Affinity Designer). I hope you get what I mean. It's about the fact that I cant select multiple layers without also selecting the underlying layer.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When in Prototype Mode, I need a way to quickly move between multiple screens.

A set of keystrokes that I assigned as short cuts to go to a screen:
    - CTRL + 1 = Home Page
    - CTRL + 2 = Sign Up
    etc

This same model can then be used to jump between screens in the Preview mode.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. That feature would be the killer-feature! Trust me — it will economy dozens hours of life when designers need to show links with dotted underline (which is often usable thing to hide some tips or to show user that it is clickable, but not redirecting to other url)

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What if you through the link could acces the camera for apps where photosharing is key ?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Like rendition, if we can export font files applied to text using Adobe XD Plugin.

Developers needs font files along with images so it would be required feature.

For Example:
    - If a text later has font Lato, I want to know the location of Lato.ttf in the file system

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello team, make it possible to reorder Artboards as it's done on PowerPoint (Slides). This is helpful when we export all artboards into PDF. we will be able to change the order of artboards.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There should be an option for 'Edit Original' in a right-click menu.

For example, an image in the document should be able to launch Photoshop by clicking 'Edit Original'.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Just in an effort of compatibility it would be nice to have the same default shortcuts (for those used to it) or being able to customize the shortcuts. Thank you !

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Components can be very different from one another and the initial state can mean different contexts to the user.

Let us be able to rename the component's default state, so it can make more sense during the component building process.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)