Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Would like to be able to collapse the adjustments panel on the right much like "Collapse to icons" works in Illustrator or Photoshop. That right hand panel covers up so much of the main canvas when working on a smaller resolution screen.

This is somewhat related to the "Hide all panels" feature request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12937710-hide-all-panels

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to save drop (box) shadows to your component library within XD, as you can with colours, text styles and symbols.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Right now, when you enter Desktop Preview, the cursor is the typical white circle that is supposed to represent a finger. This is great when your project is a mobile app or website. But your project is a desktop app or website, it begs to have a normal black arrow for a cursor--and the Mickey Mouse gloved hand when hovering over clickable things--for recording videos and even just testing it out on your own. It's cumbersome and distracting to have a giant circle cursor for desktop experiences.

When you create a new project, XD already asks what type of project…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Maybe by holding the command key while moving one of the groups.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add artboard preset for print like Paper, A4, B4.
    Currently we only have artboard preset for web.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It is often necessary to publish several versions of the same design for user testing sessions. The idea would be to define artboards basically dynamic in the workflow to export the number of versions (A / B) of the prototype.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi there! I'm excited with this tool from you.
    I came here to suggest few things base in actual ideas going on.

I'm a React Native user. I'm pretty excited with RN too. And I would be glad to merge RN with Xd.

For RN we have few tools (IDE) like Deco IDE (just MAC...) and exponent. Deco is very interesting and Xd could overcome it.

I think create UI inside Xd and transform the it's layers into React native tags would be the simplest way. Adobe XD would not be affected just creanting a kind of "react export". These…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Because.. why not?

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please implement a ‘Reset Bounding Box’ function for drawn vector shapes. They conflict with alignment and centring.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It is terrible to re-type eg. font-size values using keyboard.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We have many non-design stakeholders who need to provide input into designs and workflows. Oftentimes the easiest way to communicate with them is through a simple presentation.

It would be great if we could export our workflows/canvases into a PPT slide deck that we could annotate - with the interactions and linkages (mostly) auto-annotated in the slide's speaker notes and with the slide order (basically) being the top-down user flow.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Here my idea for exporting asset that I call Asset Mode.
    Workflow:
    1. Choose Assets you want to export in Design Mode by right click > Send to Assets
    2. Switch to Asset Mode
    3. Change wifth, heigh, position, background of assets
    4. Choose scales (1x, 2x,...)
    5. Export
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWa0Z-qke5g&feature=youtu.be
    XD Prototype: http://adobe.ly/1O438HI

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great to be able to sort and maybe group artboards. I think it would make it easier to select the target artboard in prototyping mode if you were able to sort them, alphabetically or even group multiple artboards so that you wouldn't need to scroll through a long list of artboards just to find the one you would like to target. It would be really usefully especially when your XD project contains 60 or even 100 artboards. Imagine scrolling through a list of 100 artboards that isn't sorted?

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be helpful to relink all instances of a linked component in a given document to a different component, in similar fashion to relinking an image in InDesign to a different external image source.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Speed to market:
    Please accelerate the development of this product.
    Drip feeding product features is leaving you well behind the market.
    Justifying CC is now actively discussed.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I VPN to MAC within a PC environment (iRAPP via Citrix). Navigating in the application XD requires use of keyboard shortcuts, which is disabled due the nature of my secure remote-access.

Why not include a scrollbar to view panels in XD? Currently - I use the zoom-to-fit and zoom in order to view panels. It would be great to have a scroll bar within the application (as with Sketch).

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although Adobe XD does not currently provide scrollbars to navigate the view of your content, there are several different options to pan the viewport around:

• If you have a trackpad, use two fingers to pan (if you have an Apple Magic Mouse, you can use one finger to pan)
    • Hold down Space Bar and drag the mouse
    • Use the mouse scroll wheel to pan vertically, and use Shift + scroll wheel to pan horizontally
  20. While sharing the screens to developers on the web. Assets artboard having all the icons/images should get created automatically when all the interactions / screens are done ... and icons/images are marked as assets. This way not only developers can see all the assets at one go but also can download them instantly instead of going to multiple pages and downloading assets separately. It will make designers life easy as well.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)