Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Hello, we sometimes use emojis on our designs for increasing our conv. rates, giving the design a warm feeling at the same time.

But when surfing the prototype, user can not see the emojis, so our prototypes are not exactly what we expect from them.

Keep up the great work with XD

Regards

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As a user who needs to present UX ideas quickly to stakeholders, I would like there to be a way for me to set a default transition setting of my choice at both the file and application level.

I've found myself creating a complicated matrix of targets, only to realize that the last 20 I did (or was it 30?) have the application, default 'slide left' when yesterday, I had everything set up for my 0.1 second dissolve without an ease out.

ALT:

If not a preference setting, the ability to apply a transition globally to all targets.

Thanks everyone.…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be really helpful if they incorporate a third wireframe option along side design and prototype. May be they can change the Design label to Mockup. This will be a great help for both UX and UI Designers .

Then later wireframes could have stencils that designers can use to quickly wireframe the app or page. The whole process can be a collaborative i.e. the wireframes --> Mockups --> Prototype and export the prototype or video.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

team cloud space

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Eg: When you have a friends list inside a game screen, in a prototype, I need to be able scroll in a clipped mask of a container, which is currently possible in Principle, which makes a group scrollable vertically or horizontally. I'm looking for the equivalent of the same here.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently testing a feature like this as part of the private prerelease program, and expect to deliver this as part of the next product update. Please join the private prerlease to learn more, or stay tuned!

6. Selecting text on your art-board automatically highlights its style in the Assets window

Problem:
    It's hard to tell which Character Style in the Assets window I need to modify to affect a certain set of text boxes.

Solution:
    To be able to click one of my text-boxes and the relevant Character Style gets highlighted in the Assets window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why does there seem to be no interest or demand for this feature anymore? For me it's a "must have" for efficient prototyping. I realize "flat" is all the rage, but I still do a lot of photo-realistic, skeuomorphic design using Photoshop's bitmap-only tools. Without 9-slice scaling, there's no way to properly scale a png graphic within XD. I have to create all the different sizes I need in Photoshop and import them all separately. Doesn't anyone else have this problem, or am I missing something?

I realize there's already a post about this, but I'm hoping for some feedback…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can’t comment on the state of design, but what I can do for you is to merge the other story into this one, which will notify all of the other people who upvoted for it. That being said, it’s likely that people are beginning to go all-vector, which negates the need for bitmap 9-scaling if you have fixed point corners.

-Elaine

8. Usecase:
    Often you will spend days organizing a collection of artboards that you want to export at 1 graphic. 1 way to achieve this is to create a new large artboard and copy and paste your UI from all of them onto the new artboard then export.

If you look at Facebooks toolkit you can see how they have created an outter artboard ideally if you selected it it would include all of the artboards are are on the inside of the main artboard as part of export.
    http://facebook.design/ios10

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A great feature would be to export a layout into a format that could be edited in Dreamweaver allowing us to create a layout or UI and then build a final producr straight off of that.

This would speed up the design process and levels of productivity tremendously.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Implement Full Screen Mode
    Which already available in Other Adobe Apps(Illustrator,Photoshop)
    F is the shortcut key

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would be great if illustrator's outline mode could be used in XD as well.
    cmd+Y would switch the view to outlines.
    Benefits:
    • Easy selection of objects no matter how deeply hidden they are
    • Great overview of the construction of the scene

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The design variables list is filled with "unnamed" variables that we can't name. It creates an extra step for developers to clean up the list given to them after download.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'd love to be able to prototype drag and drop interactions (hover effect, ability to move an item on screen, and ideally trigger when something is dropped onto an object).

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would be very handy to adjust letter spacing in pixels. Because in CSS you also do it that way … and rather more .. there is no half pixel …

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Apple watch Adobe XD app (that runs on Apple watch watch).
    Wouldn't require many additional features compared to its iPhone counterpart.

• Support for 42mm and 38mm Apple Watch sized artboards within Adobe XD (desktop)
    • Support for linked objects/hotspots within the watch previewer app
    • Transition effects visible within the watch previewer app
    • Close prototype by using force touch within the watch previewer app
    • Support for fixed headers
    79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to flatten layers into a rasterized layer.
    Right now, I need to export a layer to flatten it, then bring it back into an artboard in order to apply a blur effect. It would be nice to not have to leave Xd and then drag in an image. It disrupts the workflow a bit.
    *nice to have

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)