Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would really like to have an option so that the resolve button is not visible or clickable.
    I use the “share for development feature” to give students extra help, but if they mistakenly click resolve, the help is gone, and then other students would not be able to get the help, so it would be nice to make the, resolve the button not visible or clickable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I create a symbol, XD current adds a symbol, but it does not set keyboard focus to that symbol's name.

This means that I have to move my mouse over to the Symbol section of the Assets panel, double-click that symbol and then type the name. This is a pain, particularly when creating a lot of symbols.

Instead, when I press Ctrl+K and a new symbol is created, I would like the field to be opened for renaming and my keyboard focus to be set to there. The same thing should happen if I create a symbol in another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  3. Be nice if I leave my desk and just to be safe there should be a lock button on top right corner with the other tools that will not let anyone by accident click my mouse and move anything by accident be in positioning of art-board or assets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If Adobe could provide online sessions, or in their stores, with customers who use Adobe XD. To explain, many people aren't familiar with the tool and it takes a lot of practice. This occurs to me, and one of the big tech companies are already doing this, Apple. There is something called 'Today At Apple,' which includes loads of different sessions to help customers. (Link https://www.apple.com/today/) If Adobe XD could include this within the app on Mac or the phone app, it would be useful for it's customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    • draw a rectangle
    • adjust the round of corner
    • adjust width & height to fit the parent shape

- drop an vertical image into the rectangle (all good)

• select the group, rotate 90degree
    • copy the group of shapes (including parents shapes and the rect inside)
    • paste
    • try to drop a new vertical image into the rectangle (NOK) (we will find the image is rotated, as the new group is created with 'rotation info' inherited from the original one.)

can we have 'paste as new'?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I paste a link into Slack, I'd like to see a Live Preview of my prototype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. If I want to use auto animate to have an object/group move onto the screen from off of it (or vice versa), I have to group it with an invisible object that stays on the screen so that XD knows the object/group is a part of that artboard when it is off-screen. I could be totally missing a way around this but I can't find anything about it online. If there was a way to assign an object to an artboard even if it isn't touching said artboard, that would fix this problem.

Essentially this makes adding new animations a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Workflow would suggest that the create Artboard tool should not be second to last on the side bar but closer to the top since one of the first things you do is create an artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1- I know that might not sound like a priority but sometimes when I am using multiple text layers and converting them to paths, I would love to have a character isolation option in order for me to make it easier to then control each character, rotate, reflect or whatsoever on its own. Having nodes once converted to path is great, but I also believe that having an element isolation mode will be very helpful for quicker flow.

2- Having an option to control the parent anchor point of an object will def come in handy.

Lastly, not trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only suggestion per ticket instead of multiple. I’ll edit this one to focus on the character isolation issue, but would you mind filing the parent anchor point as a separate issue? (Specifically, is this anchor point for the purpose of path drawing, or is it for the purpose of alignment?) Thanks!

9. It would be nice to have modifier key that you could press while positioning an object to disable alignment to the pixel grid.

e.g. holding down x while moving a object would let you move it freely without it aligning to the pixelgrid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The resizing is very intuitive in figma
    where I could just press alt+drag to increase/decrease values

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When selecting multiple objects, it could be helpful for cmd + Z to deselect one by one, instead of undoing the last thing you changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In PS it is possible to create another window for the same document.
    It is very convenient when you're designing icons.

You can work in the first window having like 500% zoom, and preview the result in the second window having 100% zoom at the same time.
    (see the attached image for details)

Adobe XD totally needs such feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Additionally to right clicking and selecting paste appearance to drop an image into a frame, it would be awesome if you could drag an image onto a frame and hold it there a second and it will ghost paste it to show what it would look like, then let go and it pastes appearance onto that frame. I find this to be a very intuitive way to paste appearance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a way to limit recurrence of speech playbacks so that the user can reuse an artboard without the speech playback repeating.

I've attached a sample file that combines a speech playback trigger with drag gestures. When you drag the map right, then left, the speech playback triggers a second time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When sharing a link for review with a client, often there's not much need for a high security password, but it's still good practice to include a password, especially for client confidence. It would be helpful to be able to create a password that didn't require numbers & upper and lower case letters. Disabling the "high security" password requirement could be an opt-in option so the default would still be secure. This would allow you to create a password like "<name of your business>" that would be sufficient for this use case, and easy for the client to remember.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Instead of manually input dimensions for a custom size, it would be much easier to be able to drag'n'drop a file to the custom size icon so it automatically would adapt the size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The lower boundaries of the prototype view window are displayed as rectangular, rather than rounded, as upper. Rather, they are both rounded and straight at the same time.

Version 16.0.2.8 (Starter)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Sketch there is an option adding "-g-" as prefix to a folder name you want to export to avoid the devs to select the sublayers of this folder.

feature is describe here at the bottom of the page

https://support.zeplin.io/sketch-integration/exporting-assets-from-sketch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I design, I put a prototype screen, with a look and feel that I like, next to my artboard, and use this as inspiration, like I guess many people do. It would be great if I could get the attributes of the font on the prototype (png or jpg) and quickly use that font in my own design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)