Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

2. 95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your feedback! This feature is already in our backlog – not sure when it will arrive, but we’re aware of the need for it.

Regards,
    Joe

3. ...to demonstrate how an interface interacts with text input. Basically would show how a form might be filled out or how search might work

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be really useful for me as an developer to have the fonts embedded in the XD file (like Photoshop does).

I use the XD file made by our designer to extract al sizes / font-sizes / line-heights and spacings to determine what the generic styles for specific components are going to be.

But when I don't have the current font installed on my PC yet, I can't see which parts of the design are bold / italic and how the font-sizes hold up to certain design blocks ( because measurements aren't the same between all fonts ). XD…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to be able to link back to the same artboard, rather than creating a duplicate simply to show the way the logic works in the prototype. Although the Symbols feature does work as a workaround, for data-entry type projects, not having a link back to the current artboard is a problem.

For instance, I have an artboard for an event, and I need to add child, adult and senior retail tickets to the event. Currently I have to have two artboards for retail item data entry so that I can have the logic in place to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When an accessible application is being developed, the designer needs to deliver accessibility information to the developers. For example, a designer wants to create the tab orders, keyboard specs, and ARIA Region information.

Deigners currently use makeshift tools to create these specs and would benefit from functionality embedded in this wonderful tool.

This may simply be an addition to the wildy popular "Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers."

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shortcut for deselecting all elements that are marked for export.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. File management, Version Control, Change Control, Feedback, Integrations with Abstract ! www.goabstract.com

Please !

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think the pen tool in Adobe XD is horrible. I couldn't draw the vector shapes the way I want because the pen tool is missing the same logic as Illustrator and Photoshop.

I first drew a curve vector in Adobe XD, and for my next point, I want to make a straight line. But there's absolutely no way for me to do that.

Whereas in Photoshop or Illustrator, I can hold option key to bring that '<' icon and click on the second point to and remove the next point's curve line.

Here's a video attachment to show you…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PLEASE ADD GRAMMARLY PLUGIN IN XD

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  13. The only fonts we are able to view in the Android App of Adobe XD are the ones that are either Adobe Fonts or Google fonts.

There's no option to add and view custom fonts which sometimes makes viewing prototype on mobile kinda useless.

Please add fonts support in Android App

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to export my art boards into a single PDF in a predefined page order.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify how it works currently – artboards in the PDF are currently listed based on looking at your artboard layout on XD’s canvas in “reading order." The PDF page order will start with artboards in the topmost row left to right, then move on to the next row of artboards below that (starting with the leftmost artboard again), etc.

15. Allow to resize shapes using cmd+arrows. It's one of the best Sketch features, it's really useful for pixel perfecting.

Cmd-up arrow to increase height, Cmd-down to decrease height.
    Cmd-right increases width, Cmd-left decreases width.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Having the ability to use a mask with opacity is pretty basic. This feature has been in Illustrator since the beginning... Photoshop (of course with alpha masks) - it's in Sketch (mask mode > alpha)... pretty much all the apps... but not in XD? Why? Very strange.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently you can only have one character style for a given set of parameters, however it might be nice to have duplicate character styles. For example h3 in tablet might match up with h4 on desktop, but it's confusing for them to share a single style.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. With a component selected, a keyboard shortcut to cycle through its possible states would save a lot of mousing between artboards and the LHS panel. This is particularly true for screens with multiple components. If they could all be selected and reset to default and cycled through their states, this would be a helpful addition

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. (posted in the right forum this time)

As a user, I want to be able to adjust the auto save frequency on cloud documents so that I have more control over my system and my file, and my workflow is not interrupted.

Right now, the auto save seems to save my work every X edits, which would be great if XD didn't slow down or freeze during this, unfocus typing, and generally interrupt my entire workflow.

For example this just happened to me again: I manually saved a document. Then I clicked into an element (not component) and adjusted the…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Having Design Specs online is great, but it should be available inside the app too! OFFLINE.

Thanks in advance.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)