Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. If you'll use exported SVG graphics as a code embedded into your HTML (but not as an external .svg image) you encounter CSS issues.
    The problem is in <style></style> which you generate on SVG export. Every path in SVG has its class name and they all are named like "a", "b", "c" etc… (image 1 attached)
    1. These classes may cause conflict with existing classes, in case I already have "a", "b", "c" classes in my HTML.
    2. These classes will interfere styles of other SVGs exported from XD and embedded on the page.

Solution:
    Remove classes and generate inline…

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. At this time one can see "The date when the design specs was last updated"

When working on a living project, with constant improvements, or in general during development phase, it would be pretty handy for
    - developers (identify what to do)
    - testers/customers/responsible persons (what to review)
    to easily see that there where changes on special screen since last look by showing date and time of last update for each screen.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For the design I use InDesign as InDesign is much more powerful as XD. I export my Designs as PNG and import those PNGs in XD to create linked artboards for customer presentations.

It would be very much needed to have extern links (as in InDesign) pointing to those PNGs. Each time I update my Design in InDesign and export automated all PNGs all screens in XD would also be updated. I conceptualize webprojects with more than 200+ screens and this would speed up prototyping tremendously.

Anyway XD rules – really like it – just miss this killer feature!

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Okay, so I’m trying to understand here. By looking up documentation, I see that you can place images in your file and link them to an image on your file system, so not embedding them in the file. (I’m assuming you’re not talking about inserting links to images on the Internet via URLs.) When the document opens, it loads up the image and places it in. In some apps, updating the file on the file system will update the image automatically without any intervention, and in other apps, changing it on the file system won’t update until you either manually refresh or relaunch the app.

This scenario is what I was defining as “dynamic linking.” Smart Objects (as I’m defining them in my head) are elements that are in a CC file format (like Photoshop or Illustrator). Am I misunderstanding your request for external links?

Thanks,

-Elaine

4. It would be nice to have a simple option to see all elements/assets which are markded for export. Sometimes you mark an element by mistake (for example a simple rectangle). Later it could be hard to find this special element on your artboard layers to remove the export marker.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be helpful and useful for us game designers to have Adobe XD integrate seamlessly with Unity.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I animate drop-shadows on an element it doesn't animate with the rest of the element. Only after the element has animated does the shadow jump instantaneously from value set A to value set B.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The option to change the (global) background from grey to any color that fits to my design

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to create lists, both ordered and unordered. Lists are one of the most used strategies of UX.

The feature should include the ability to have the lines of text align with each other when the text runs to 2 or more lines (see third item in the attached).

The Repeat Grid feature is cumbersome when all I want to do is cut and paste text and turn it into a list. What Adobe is asking us to do is create 2 boxes, one for the bullet/number and one for the text, and then change each box in the…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently when you export to PDF there is no option to name the PDF file you are saving, even if you've only selected a few artboards, meaning I have to go back onto the desktop after the fact and edit the filename of the exported PDF.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is something that is possible with Non-Component items inside Repeat Grids, but not with Components currently.

This is a greatly needed feature, especially when you're trying to create a Design System (which Adobe have been so vocal about recently). For example, in most Design Systems you will have Components such as Cards (with Image, Avatar, Title, Bio etc..), and having to edit these manually when inside of a Repeat Grid just makes the relationship with Design Systems and Repeat Grid null and void currently.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Whenever I give my design to developers, they always want the pixel measurements in whole numbers and not numbers with decimals. I always have to round the number for each element I drew. Very tedious process.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There is only 1 corner style at present in adobeXD,when you create new artboard. In reality screens have different shapes like for example Watch screens are also circular so there should be option to adjust that.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice if Adobe supports XAML standardization, and made XAML its code behind Adobe XD, including integration options with Xamarin.Form.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Highlight a Page and export all TEXT BLOCKS as text files for developers to import into CMS.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi Ruth,

I understand what you are saying and thank you for the explanation.

Cheers,
    M.

17. Get statistics from shared prototypes to be able to analyse. Clicks, page views, amount of visitors, time spent...

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A quick toggle for pixel preview would be much appreciated. Just like the one in Adobe Illustrator.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Now that the "Tap/Hover Effect" request ()https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12941394-tap-hover-effect?tracking_code=c41a5301558789f85205f7c47ec8b9ca) is officially closed, we need a feature to do what (I believe) the 8952 people who voted for it have been asking for since March of 2016:

A way to assign Hover events as triggers for the existing interactions platform.

Component states is a wonderful addition to XD, but it barely scratches the surface of what designers need for prototyping hover events.

We need to be able to add tooltips, menu pop-up overlays and many other effects that still can only be achieved by transitioning to another artboard. As it stands,…

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The cloud support for shared Xd libraries/components/fonts/colours etc is exactly what I've been wanting - except I can't use it because I don't use the cloud to save my files (I have to use our internal server).

The same features but importing from files outside of the cloud is really needed!

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)