Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. A simple eye icon for visibility on the artboard list in the layers panel would be a great to help clean up pasteboards while not having to loose any pages or work that may be needed but not displayed at a certain time. Also if this function also affected which dartboards are to be included when the document is shared across any links. I personally create artboards for style sheets for my developer but when sharing with the client for review they are always visible, it would be nice to be able to hide these when using XD links.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Thanks for adding underline text to the latest release of XD. I really appreciate the fact that you're still adding features like this. I've had a bit of a play with the underline text tool and have a few refinements that would make it more powerful.

1) Allow for custom line weight. Currently the line is just the same weight, no matter the font weight

2) Allow for custom offset to baseline

3) Allow for variable colour.

See my mockup attached for further clarification.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Wouldn't be easy if I were select similar object like Adobe Illustrator does?

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would love to have a menu item at the very least, that I could assign a keyboard shortcut, to rename a layer or group. I'm on a big display and it wastes so much of my time, dragging my mouse all the way to the top left to also double click a layer.

Thanks!

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Description:
    Ability to link to different XD documents, or create a 'project' folder that would let different features of a project to be put into separate XD documents.

Why is this valuable:
    With separate pages being in separate documents, but still linked into a single prototype, different owners could collaborate on a single experience and work together to create a single experience. Linking to an XD doc would open the page at the prototype home screen.

Dependencies:
    The ability to verify links are XD links (currently available I believe).
    Project team members and collaborators.
    External links in Prototype Mode
    Project…

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Could you build a way to display variable names for color in the specs doc and the ability to write comments to developers?

Also, specs doc is not accurate when displaying colors, spacing and font sizes. You can see the workaround I built to make up for this deficiency.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great to have the ability to 'detach' / 'tear off' the properties panel from Xd to accommodate use on multiple displays. (Like Ps panels)

This would give us more room to work and use all panels etc. on a second screen or even allow for floating panels.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sometimes I open files just to copy assets to another file, and move things around. I don't undo that coz sometimes I move stuff without even being aware. But when I close XD it doesn't even ask if I want to save changes. It automatically saves changes I didn't intend to save. It's very frustrating. Please give option to disable automatic save. If it automatically saves a copy on crash it's understandable, but this saves the main file. All unintended changes get saved.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The ability to add animated GIF's to projects would make a big different to communicating certain aspects of designs with clients and developers. Please add this in! :)

This needs to be able to be displayed in preview as an animation (not just as a static frame of the animation)

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When viewing my prototype using Preview, I would like to see the same hotspot hints that my team members will see when they view my prototype on the web.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Actual hand tool (in addition to spacebar). When viewing multiple artboards, it is important to be able to pan around the work area while being disengaged from the keyboard as a means of focusing on the work itself. Or just leaning back in a chair.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It should be possible to delete a shared link within the file or at least regenerate a link, not only through the link manager.
    For example, if I use a file created for project A for another purpose (project B), the existing link is no longer relevant for the project B but is still relevant for project A. So I need manage this link within the file

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While designing and experimenting with graphics and typefaces the list of colours, symbols and character styles becomes really long. Since there's no way to sort these there are a lot of extra items in the assets panel. This creates confusion and the only way to find out is by individually checking if the asset has been used on an artboard. If there could be a way to select all unused assets and being able to delete them in one go would save a lot of time.

OLD:
    The ability to view and delete all unused colours, symbols and character styles.…

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to save a PNG or JPG file with all the artboards in the file
    I'd like to save my artboards to a single file, but I can only currently export a series of images of each artboard. I've provided an example below, which I've stitched together in Photoshop.

Poder Guardar un archivo .PNG o .JPG con todas las mesas de trabajo como lo esta ya haciendo Photoshop cc

Buenas amigos la idea seria que al guardar mis mesas si tengo un archivo extenso se puedan guardar todas al mismo tiempo como .PNG o . JPG como lo hace…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It'd be very useful to me that the color palette indicate which color I'm on. Often I save many shades of the same color, some of which are slightly different from one another. So a highlight feature would be important for my work.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to hide my cursor when I am recording a video of a prototype.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently AdobeXD has an useful way to copy paste keeping the pasted object aligned with the original object position or pasting it in the same place relative to the original artboard.

But what is missing is a way to paste an element exactly where the mouse pointer is. Usually if I need an element somewhere in an artboard, the paste option makes it appear somewhere else, usually very far (and sometimes hidden behind other elements).
    A "Paste Here" (where my mouse pointer is when I right click) option is necessary to be able to pinpoint the exact location where to…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)