Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export entire prototype as a User/Wire Flow type diagram

It's very easy to create linked "prototypes" within XD - thank you...

However, the way a prototype is viewed makes seeing the "flows" that exist within it very hard.

What I would like to see is a way to export all the artboards with the prototype "linking" arrows visible and nicely rendered as a large diagram...

This diagram would be similar to the concept of "Wireflows" (https://www.nngroup.com/articles/wireflows/) and enable an easy way to produce another type of design deliverable.

I appreciate that the design specs feature sort of allows this, in that you can see see all artboards,…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Version Control for Shared Prototypes

We need to have version control for prototypes so when developers are reviewing the prototype, they can look back at a previously shared versions of the prototype.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Defined border/stroke (or shadow) around the edge of a mask

I am not sure if you already have a request for this, however, it would be nice if we could add a border on the outside of a masked circle or square.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export Xaml code for building Universal Windows Platform Applications (UWP)

Help us quickly get from concept to working prototype for our Windows 10/HoloLens/WinPhone/Xbox apps by streamlining created content from XD to XAML.

Add support for exporting (or copying to clipboard) XAML. Make it intelligent enough to convert things like repeat grids to GridViews.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create animations by writing scripting code in XD (like Framer)

Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organize shared prototypes and design specs

I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking…

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. HSL / HSLA color value

Hi there,

I usually use hsl color in CSS.
    Thanks to awesome Design Spec, It's piece of cake to get the hsl value.

But the problem is the way to reflect the changes to XD files.

Let me tell you a story.

A designer publish Design Spec, which use RGB(240, 156, 30) as their site's brand color.
    Then, a coder get the color as hsla(36, 87%, 52%, 1) and make a mockup.
    Then, members review it and the product owner say,

"The brand color seems less attractive than I expected..."

Awful, why he didn't point out it before, at least…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator

Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m leaving this open for now, but if you’re interested in using color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator, you can export them to a CC Library and use them in the Assets Panel directly within XD. Hope that helps!

9. Import animated SVG icons and buttons

Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. XD version for local cloud government organizations

I'm working in a government organization that is disconnected from the internet, so we can't work with ADOBE XD,
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of publishing a version for government organizations that work on an internal network so we can work with XD without losing the capabilities of the tool
    or let me know if there is any solution for this kind of environment

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Background color on fullscreen prototype should be the same color as artboard color

When you view the prototype in the background color is white on the page that surrounds the layout, but if you click the fullscreen icon top right the same backgound becomes black, this also removes the text navigation links under the layout.

Why is this? And why doesn't the background fill the screen dynamically with the background of my web layout? It looks very strange when my 1024x768px gets a bordered frame around it instead of just getting a full background that occupies the screen, just like I would when making the same layout in Dreamweaver. When I preview layouts…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Package all files necessary for developer handoff

It would be great if you can gather the files you’ve used, including fonts and linked graphics, for easy handoff. When you package a file, you create a folder that contains the xd document, any necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report.
    Like we have in Illustrator or InDesign.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Swap border and fill colors

Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. See all connection in prototype mode

Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export styles of selection as CSS and copy/paste them into a code editor of choice

This is not the same as exporting an entire artboard as HTML/CSS. Often when transforming design into HTML/CSS it can be handy to extract style information, piece by piece, from a design. Thus from a selection, rather than en entire artboard (though that would be cool as well). Beling able te extract style information as CSS from a selection (e.g. a selected text frame) and copy paste it into whatever code editor of choice would make XD such a powerful tool.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Custom Artboard Size Preset

It would be great to have another section for Artboard presets that are your own. I have a few sizes I like to use that are not a preset and would be great if I could define my own name them and have a category of most used or user defined. Maybe Just a My category for presets. Thanks much I am loving this app a great deal keep up the awesome work!

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow (SCSS, SASS, LESS) variable names for Color in Specs Doc

Could you build a way to display variable names for color in the specs doc and the ability to write comments to developers?

Also, specs doc is not accurate when displaying colors, spacing and font sizes. You can see the workaround I built to make up for this deficiency.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base