Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. 1080x1920 BUT... We need all devices like here https://material.io/devices/
    You can do like this (ATTACHMENT) and add tabs that would eliminate the appearance of scroll

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I am not sure if you already have a request for this, however, it would be nice if we could add a border on the outside of a masked circle or square.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Help us quickly get from concept to working prototype for our Windows 10/HoloLens/WinPhone/Xbox apps by streamlining created content from XD to XAML.

Add support for exporting (or copying to clipboard) XAML. Make it intelligent enough to convert things like repeat grids to GridViews.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When making two items the same color, then they merge on the colors palette and the second item is lost, ie. If you have a color for Title and a color for a Sub Title, if the Title is set to #FFFFFF and then the Sub Title is set to #FFFFFF, then the Sub Title is removed and the two merge.

This is useful in some instances, but not always, I would love the option to be able to choose NOT to merge items in the color palette.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi there,

I usually use hsl color in CSS.
    Thanks to awesome Design Spec, It's piece of cake to get the hsl value.

But the problem is the way to reflect the changes to XD files.

Let me tell you a story.

A designer publish Design Spec, which use RGB(240, 156, 30) as their site's brand color.
    Then, a coder get the color as hsla(36, 87%, 52%, 1) and make a mockup.
    Then, members review it and the product owner say,

"The brand color seems less attractive than I expected..."

Awful, why he didn't point out it before, at least…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a designer I want to export all comments so that when I go into a review I can have them as notes to review with the client.

I'll know this is done when I can view all comments by page and easily copy/paste/export them all at once. Think like a comment feed.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you view the prototype in the background color is white on the page that surrounds the layout, but if you click the fullscreen icon top right the same backgound becomes black, this also removes the text navigation links under the layout.

Why is this? And why doesn't the background fill the screen dynamically with the background of my web layout? It looks very strange when my 1024x768px gets a bordered frame around it instead of just getting a full background that occupies the screen, just like I would when making the same layout in Dreamweaver. When I preview layouts…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add the option to import and use svg animated icons and buttons in the layout, with the animate on click option. This would make very easy to makeup prototypes of UI components.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. accidental double clicks turn my rectangles into editable paths, then if i click the path point and realize i double clicked ( instead of single click) I press undo, but at that point undo will not turn the path back to a rectangle every time. so the shape remains a path, I feel like there should be a better (more accident proof) option to turn the shape to a path

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Working on a landscape prototype version of a site, and to simulate the scrollable pages I bring the assets in, place them, and then adjust the height of the Artboard to match — but it would be really nice if there were Smart Guides when doing so, so the Artboard snaps to the height of the assets on the page.

Size of artboard should fit content exactly.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if you can gather the files you’ve used, including fonts and linked graphics, for easy handoff. When you package a file, you create a folder that contains the xd document, any necessary fonts, linked graphics, and a package report.
    Like we have in Illustrator or InDesign.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Introduce a new feature that lets you import color swatch libraries from photoshop or illustrator.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m leaving this open for now, but if you’re interested in using color swatches from Photoshop and Illustrator, you can export them to a CC Library and use them in the Assets Panel directly within XD. Hope that helps!

18. I'm working in a government organization that is disconnected from the internet, so we can't work with ADOBE XD,
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of publishing a version for government organizations that work on an internal network so we can work with XD without losing the capabilities of the tool
    or let me know if there is any solution for this kind of environment

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let's say we want to add a Radio Group and use our Design System Radio Button Component for that. Currently it's not possible to set one of the components to the selected state.

As a workaround we can create the list with the repeat grid, then ungroup it and change the desired item. But that can't be how it's intended to work.

ps: I feel bad for lodging a Feature Request days after you released such a great feature. It sounds lI'm ike complaining instead of being thankful - thats not the case, the component states are awesome,d thank you…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Switch colors between fill and border color option

Allow switching fill and border color. I mean, pressing a button and what is fill color will be border color mutually.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)