Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shadows should not be clipped by components

Currently components clip shadows of elements within. This is, in my opinion, not how it should be. I would at least like an option to turn this behaviour off and on

This behaviour has two downsides:
    - increasing the shadow spread afterwards means you need to re-adjust the entire component, so that the shadow does not get clipped
    - juding distances is way harder and you wont get help from smartguides when aligining components with other objects

Here's a video on the issue:
    https://youtu.be/BjO6YM17H58

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear XD Community,

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing with us the areas that we need to invest in and improve on.

With the XD August release, we have introduced several enhancements to components. Those enhancements address the following:

1) Drop shadows and blurs will be rendered outside the component bounding box which will help with layout and pixel alignment. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

2) Component bounds will automatically adjust (expand or shrink) to fit the content within the component while keeping all component instances in sync. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

3) No more Fractional Pixels with responsive resizing components

To learn more…

2. Snap items within group to pixel when resizing (or multiple selection)

If I select multiple objects at once, or a group containing multiple objects, resizing makes the objects no longer aligned with the pixel grid. In other words, the X / Y / width / height values change from integers to fractions, and the edges of the shapes become fuzzy (especially on a 1x screen).

Resizing a single object at a time, everything stays pixel aligned. This only happens when resizing multiple things at once.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recover unsaved files

Just like other Adobe products, offer users the chance to restore an unsaved file after the program or computer crashes. Acrobat example attached.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Forced full-pixel when resizing

When resizing components or groups, XD resizes in Pixel decimals. It could be nice with a way to force it to resize in full pixels, eg. when holding cmd/ctrl while resizing a component/group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Footer of embedded prototypes

I want to select whether to have a footer of embedded prototypes.

Because in the June 18 2018 update, the footer is forced to appear in the embedded prototype.

before update:
    https://xd.adobe.com/embed/19c05179-c814-4917-79d5-2a4352e5665f-6ff1/

after update:
    https://xd.adobe.com/embed/9d29b584-173f-4e9a-62d2-c3a815f97087-eb18/

I have created a prototype on a component basis as in the following example.

http://clown5.com/demo/xd/sudapan_xd.html
    (Carousel main visual is embedded prototype)

By combining multiple prototypes, we also made a demo that branched 125 patterns with 15 artboards.

http://clown5.com/demo/xd/sudacreate.html
    (This demo is made up of three embedded prototypes)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. XD Keeps Crashing

Adobe XD keeps crashing on me and the saved XD file isn't up to date with the last save I did. The last save it registers seems to be about an hour previous to the last "save" I did in XD, if that makes sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it possible to remove grey border from Adobe XD online shared links

When uploading a prototype to the web Adobe XD includes an unwanted grey border around the export.

see: https://xd.adobe.com/view/a509f5d7-147e-435b-8bf8-3764c820ec85/

Even though the embed code inside XD reads: frameborder="0" there still is a border included.

Could it be possible that there is a typo in this line as it should say: frameBorder="0" (note the capital “B”)

Anyhow, can this border be removed? Or at least be optional…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prototype link leads to Error 503

Every time I try to work with XD it lets me down. Now I've built this prototype, created a shareable link but it leads to an error 503 page. It tried again creating a new link. Same error. The thumbnail appears on my CC prototypes but leads to an error page. This is basic function for this kind of software. It's not worth for me if I can't share/show this around. I'm now exporting to PNGs to add on Invision. Should have used SketchApp for this from the start – or even Axure RP. Cheers.
    (also the line-height in this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience! We experienced an unexpected service outage last night that was quickly resolved. You should be able to view your prototypes now. In the future, you can check on our service status at status.adobe.com (click on Creative Cloud).

-Elaine

9. Change artboard size after creation.

It's impossible to change the size of the artboard if you've used one of the presets to make it. All it does is make it scrollable if you resize it.

I think there should be a checkbox saying "freeze width & height".

The issue can be avoided by creating a custom sized artboard and pasting in all the content from another one. But doing so for many artboards is really hard and troublesome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With our new September build, you’re now able to set whether or not the artboard is scrollable in the property inspector. Please do try it out and let us know what you think!

Thanks,

-Elaine

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base