Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

17 results found

1. You can easily make text bold or italic in XD, but not underlined. There should be an Underline style or toggle button for creating designs with links, etc.

1,063 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

You can now underline text in the December release of Adobe XD. If you’re interested in improvements to the underline feature (like adjusting the distance between the underline and the baseline), please do feel free to file that as a separate ticket!

-Elaine

2. Text underline was recently added to Adobe XD. The current implementation adds a space around descenders. This is not how underline looks in Chrome by default.

In order create website designs that accurately reflect how they will look online, it would be great to have a way to show solid underlines that go straight through descenders, as they do in Chrome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Thanks for adding underline text to the latest release of XD. I really appreciate the fact that you're still adding features like this. I've had a bit of a play with the underline text tool and have a few refinements that would make it more powerful.

1) Allow for custom line weight. Currently the line is just the same weight, no matter the font weight

2) Allow for custom offset to baseline

3) Allow for variable colour.

See my mockup attached for further clarification.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 日本語の下線表示を適切にして欲しい

下線機能の追加ありがとうございます。ただ日本語の場合、意図しない表示になってしまうことがあります。修正の検討お願いします。おそらくChinese, Koreanも同様のケースがあると思います。

I want the Japanese underline display to be appropriate

Thank you for adding underline functions. If it is just Japanese, it may become an unintended display. Please consider examining the correction. Perhaps Chinese and Korean have similar cases.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to Bold and underline copy comments on XD link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why is the text underline function of xd always incompatible with Chinese characters? Do you think it is unnecessary to optimize for the Chinese? My version is 40.0.22.12 (Currently the latest).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  7. That feature would be the killer-feature! Trust me — it will economy dozens hours of life when designers need to show links with dotted underline (which is often usable thing to hide some tips or to show user that it is clickable, but not redirecting to other url)

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Where are the text formatting tools present on Photoshop and illustrator ?
    - underline
    - all in capital
    - small capital
    - superior/exponent
    - inferior/sign
    - barred

Even making a copy / paste formatting of the text isn't preserved.

Waiting for an answer from Adobe XD Team

Best regards

748 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you copy a paragraph from specs and some of the text is underlined in the design/prototype, it would be great if the underline was copied as well?

This could be easily left off by the developer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It is actually a set of improvement ideas:

• Bring in the layers, rulers & guides. It'd be extremely helpful to better organize the elements on the working environment.

• Further text capabilities: underline? hyphenation? Currently, the paragraph manipulation is rather limited, compared to (say) Illustrator/inDesign.

• For Adobe loyal users (like myself) adapting to a radically new set of shortcuts feels weird, and adds extra difficulty to everyday tasks. 'A' for artboards, ’R’ for rectangles and ‘E’ for ellipses makes sense, if you never-ever used illustrator/photoshop/indesign. ’Tab’ for hiding all panels would also be really handy.

• What about blending modes for…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Texts designed with Adobe Source Code Pro font look always black in design/proto/share modes. Only underline, if there is, appears in chosen color. On published prototype in the web it is OK. The bag appearing on v 35.0.12.14 of XD and the previous one with macOS Big Sur.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. • Blend modes, but only a few like multiply and overlay. (don't want a re-run of photoshop)
    • Text underline (basic formatting)
    • Flip Horizontal / Vertical
    • Grid system (960 or similar)
    • Image repositioning within shape

Other than this, you guys have made a fantastic piece of software. In the words of Moff from Human Traffic "Nice one Bruva"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one request per ticket. Thankfully, most of these are already in the system and are just waiting for your upvote:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

13. Guys we all appreciate the great work you are putting into this and we understand you can't work on everything at once, but at the same time, from the users' point of view, it can seem like a risky move to even consider switching moving to XD when there's no knowing which features will be implemented and when.

For example if I had jumped in 6 months ago assuming underline will be supported by now, I would have been wrong.

It would help if you could share at least some rough estimates for what you intend to work on for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We share as much as we can in our monthly blog posts in the Creative Cloud blog, in live streams, and at events like Adobe MAX, but we’re hesitant to publish a public roadmap due to the competitive landscape and the fact that we do pivot quite often to address feedback we get on UserVoice and in person. We totally understand your desire to get a hard list of items we’re working on, but we’re afraid we can’t provide such a list. We do keep UserVoice updated as much as we can, though, so our hope is that you find the information here useful!

-Elaine

14. Reporting a bug hopefully in the correct place:

Whenever I need to bold/underline/format select highlight text in a text box, as soon as I try and change it (i.e. make a word bold) it makes the entire box of text bold instead of the highlighted selected text.. Never used to happen but effectively I can't format copy within text boxes now. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The whole purpose of components needs to be able to build once and use everywhere.

I currently can't build for example a navigation component that allows things inside of it to auto animate size and position. See the attached movie. The underline bar only auto animates when it's size and position are modifide from one artboard to another. not within a component that is being modified with states.

Please update states to allow auto animation between states.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently the type editing features in XD are bare-bones. InDesign has possibly the best type editing in any layout program. It would be great if XD can implement and borrow some of InDesign's type editing features:

• Text Frame inset (This can be considered padding)
    • Vertical Alignment within a text frame
    • Superscript & Subscript?
    • Baseline Shift?
    Underline
    • Ability to turn paragraph text into point text, and vice versa. (This is more like Photoshop)
    • Ability to use more than one color in a text frame
    • Ability to use more than one type size in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of these ideas are already in our database, so it would really help if you could upvote those individual features.

Color, type, and styles editing within the text box will come in a future release of XD for Windows, as we’re not quite at parity yet with the Mac client.

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. Please add bolding, italics, and underlining for individual words in paragraph mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)