Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

11 results found

1. You prototype in one gamepad controller, the prototype works in every gamepads

My struggle: I need to make the same prototype work with 4 different controllers: Xbox one, Xbox seres S, Ps4 and PS5 because I cannot ask the entire company to buy the same gamepad as mine.

I beg you guys.

Please make a gamepad map where you can do it only for one controller and it will work the same for all of them. There are only few buttons that differ from the others. Imagine me, working on a 100 pages prototype, need to set one single…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I request that component states could be controlled by keys and gamepad, not only tap. Today you can control the component states by using tap, but not with keys and gamepad. This is not good if you are prototyping for console games.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great to be able to use a remote keyboard and/or a gamepad trigger on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Nowadays even a small smartphone can be used to present a project and these remote triggers would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The recent update for multiple actions on tap triggers is great. Please carry this functionality over to the other triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions and having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I share a link of a prototype and have the option "Show Hotspot Hints" enabled, it shows clickable areas. It would be great if there could also be an option to display information on available Key & Gamepad triggers.

Building out a prototype that is interactive currently has it's short comings but it's great to see Adobe listening to XD users and expanding the prototyping capabilities. Because there currently isn't a way to show On-Hover type of interactions, I have to fake it by creating a keyboard trigger that I press at the same moment I move my mouse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add support for XBox 360 as a controller that can be used with Keys & Gamepad.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While playing (long) transitions (e.g. a 5 sec auto-animated loading animation) it is not possible to trigger any keyboard/gamepad or voice events (e.g.in order to jump to another view). This is annoying.

Click events -on the other hand - are possible to abort running transition at any time.

I reported this as bug, but was told to raise it here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

10. Linking two artboards using "keys & gamebad" as trigger and "Shift + A" as the "key" causes XD to go into a limbo state where basic functionality like saving and using undo and redo is not working.

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Create a new document.
    2. Create two artboards.
    3. Link the artboards in prototype mode.
    4. Use "Keys and gamepad" as trigger
    5. Select the "Key"-field and press "Shift + A" (most other keys than A also cause the same bug)
    6. Go back to design mode and enjoy the limbo state!

The bug is in the latest version of XD and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My work involves a lot of non-traditional input devices. From gamepads to custom industrial controllers. Being able to develop middleware on my end and communicate with, let's say, a websocket API into XD would allow for much wider usage at our studio.

Ex. Websockets, UDP or TCP to control prototype interaction.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)