Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

612 results found

1. Just show color HEX code next to each color preview (background/border/shadow) instead of making us clic this color picker to read it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Color code or tag artboards with final, needs review, in progress, approved

Ease the way internal reviews are done so its easier to share files inside the team and be clear the state of each artboard without having to add all kinds of notes and shapes on the paste board.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Components Color Label or Tag,
    having too much or a lot of components can be troublesome, it would be great if we can label or tag it with color. Something like Ai and Ps have.

This is valuable to the community to keep their libraries or components organized and easier to look for.

I think this update should be easy to be implemented and give somewhat considerate impact

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. color coating art boards. So settings pages are one color, profile pages are different color etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently you can see the hex color code and copy to your clipboard (i.e. #ffffff). To save a step in programming, it would be nice to copy a code snippet instead (i.e. background-color: #f0f0f0;).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. like in Photoshop or like iMac folder coloring - to quick initializing layers, probably I'm not first with this ask, just need ask

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. XD should be a color managed application.

I'm not sure what the full context of color management is within the UI/UX industry is, or if it's something that many pay attention to, or if it's just left un-managed.
    Currently a vast majority of designers are using high gamut displays to design. Our final output will however differ greatly without some proper color management implemented. If color managment is implemented, we can at least visually soft proof our design and colors to specific devices (ie: New iOS devices that support P3 color gamut), or older sRGB devices.
    At the same…

1,594 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you have an object with a fill that's very close to the pink color of the guide, it's hard to see the value of the guide

Is it possible for the guide color to change when the background color of the object is almost the same color?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It'd be very useful to me that the color palette indicate which color I'm on. Often I save many shades of the same color, some of which are slightly different from one another. So a highlight feature would be important for my work.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like the ability to assign names to saved colors in my document's color palette library (the color picker "favorites" list).

This makes it easier to identify the correct color to use when my palette contains multiple similar colors.

This may also be useful for future features like making document-wide color changes (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085-global-style-color-edits).

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add unique CSS properties to object properties.
    Things like Margins, Padding and un-even borders are not common for design apps, but it would be great to define them per object in XD, honor them in the design mode, and export them as part of the object css,

1,111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Introduce swatches so I can keep colors consistent. When a swatch is updated every instance of the color changes.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I need color in 8-digit hex code (with transparency). And the color code should be displayed in Design Specs too. And it would be great if first two digits of alpha channel to stay a bit apart visually for easy perception, but not be divided with space to correctly copy/pasted

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create custom color pallets and be able to have more than one loaded at a time. Be able to customize names of colors, so we can patch developer terms, like 'Primary Color'. Then, be able to change that color and have it change everywhere. Also, be able to delete a color and if you use that color in your document, you can choose a color to replace it with (just like InDesign).

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To speed up typing, I believe it would be highly beneficial to change the way text properties can be changed.

Currently, when i select my type tool and initiate a text box/field, if I want to change the current text properties, I'd have to begin typing, deselect/highlight my text, change my properties, then i can continue on.

Alternatively, I think it would be handy to be able to initiate a text field and before having to type, be able to change the properties of the text you will then type.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transparent PNGs do not allow color edits. Editing fills will extend to the rectangular bounds, not just the object

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I find myself mousing around quite a bit to change colors. I hate using the trackpad/mouse if at all possible. I'd like to be able to Select Object > {press a key to open Fill/Border color} > Type/Paste Hex Code > Enter.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would love access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.

(Original request: Just trying out the new Adobe Experience Design application and not to thrilled about the mac color picker. Would love to see the photoshop or illustrator color picker, color swatches and access to color libraries like the Pantone color books as I do use these even in my UX Design and prototypes.)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It can be a bit hard to see the color of the item that I'm changing the color of, so it would be awesome to have a color preview, which could be larger than that text I'm typing, on the color picker page. The attached image shows the perfect location for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31