Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Currently when someone comments on a online prototype i get a notification through my create cloud. When i click on it it opens in a new window. But if a get multiple notifications I have to open up a new window, or search the screens for the comment.

Could we include a notifications dropdown in the online prototype to show new notifications. This would make the online prototypes friendlier to use, more efficient (especially when collaborating).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to automatically sync document colours + character styles without manually having to click the plus icon.

Problem:
    Unless you remember to constantly update these the document can quickly lead to inconsistencies between what is on the screen and what is in the assets. The more screens and the bigger the project the harder this is to manage and reference what you have used in other places, which is critical for digital design.

Solution:
    If a new colour or font was added to a screen it would appear under assets automatically. If it was deleted from the screen it would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be great if Adobe XD will support the upcoming Sets feature on Windows 10.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would be great if epub format is supported. This is preferred for ebooks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently, if we reload shared prototypes with password, we need to type password everytime.
    It's inconvenient, so kindly keep session at least 30 mins.

Let me tell you my story.
    A few days ago, I did a realtime design update. I shared a prototype to my colleagues and partners, then asked them to give me feedback comments on the prototype. They discussed on comments and I reflected the ideas simultaneously.

Then I found it very inconvenient to enter password everytime.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pressing the Command key (on Mac), regardless of what tool is currently active, should give you the selection (arrow) cursor so you can quickly select and move objects. This feature is available in Illustrator, and it would make designing more efficient in Xd. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great if people could import their Muse websites into XD. I do not know coding therefore I can't use Dreamweaver and there is not another comparable to Muse adobe app that will work...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Photoshop like ability to filter layer by TYPE, PATH or symbol.
    Useful for making massive operations such as GLOBAL FONT editing or COLOR changing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If I have to add new content to the top or left of the grid cells inside a Repeat Grid, the left/top edges of the Repeat Grid container don't auto-expand and the content gets clipped. I have to manually move all the existing content down/right to make space, then add the new content, then move the whole Repeat Grid back to the left/upward to get the existing content back in its original position.

Also, if I have text overrides with centered text, if I edit any of the text to be long it also gets clipped, and requires similar work…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adobe XD cannot run on macs that for various reasons use a system volume with case sensitive AFPS/HFS. This is the also true for other software from Adobe, e.g. Photoshop. The difference between XD and Photoshop is that Photoshop is available as a standalone download (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html), and standalone download installers let the user select which volume to install the software on. Adobe XD is currentlynot available as a standalone download and is thus not available on a computer with a system volume that has a case sensitive file system.

A workaround would be to offer a standalone…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. When prototypes are shared online they look best in full screen mode, however there is no way to exit full screen mode except using the .esc key which isn't intuitive to clients. So many of them just close the browser and start again, or just give up.

Can you please add a button to exit full screen mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Right now the shortcut for the Element panel is CTRL + SHIFT + Y (on Windows) and CTRL + Y for Layers panel. I always get confused what combination I have to use in order to switch between the panels because I constantly change in which panel I am. Since the panels are displayed in the same flyout and at the moment there are only two panles it would be super super awesome to just switch between the panels with the same shortcut. Like when I am in the Layers I press CTRL+Y and I see the Elements. Then I…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When hovering over a text element, the cursor changes to a text selection cursor. This leads me to believe that I can drag select the text I'm currently hovering over (as you are able to do in applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator).

Currently though, when I try and drag select a portion of text within a text element it creates a new text box in the area I'm dragging, over top of the existing text element. This is inconsistent behaviour when compared to other Adobe apps.

This is valuable because it skips the step of having to click into…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Something that made me almost rage-quit a project the other day is the fact, that you can't zoom or scroll while editing text.
    Also please make the "select nothing"-shortcut (cmd+shift+a) work in a textbox. It's something that is just baked into many designer's muscle memory.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tab between Target, Transision, Ease Out, Duration

More keyboard commands, less pain in mouse hand.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Double-clicking on an asset, such as a color or font, in the Assets window, brings up the asset's edit window.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nice work so far guys.

It would be GREAT to be to be able to choose how each element on a page will transition regardless of where they link - or if they link anywhere.

So, for example, my sidebar dissolves, but my centre content slides off left, meanwhile my footer pushes down off the page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we please get a preview of .xd files in Bridge? Right now it's just the XD logo.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Now that you can override certain parts of a symbol, it would be nice if all "versions" of a symbol would be listed in the symbols panel, allowing for a quick overview and easy reuse of altered symbols, as well as more insight over what you might lose if you apply changes to all instances of a symbol.

To further illustrate my idea I made a quick and dirty mockup which I will attach as image

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)