Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be nice if I could snap (or align, or position - you name it) an object to another object.
    I mean something like abosolute positioned element inside a relative positioned element if we talk CSS.
    Imagine a rectangle and a text object. I would want to put text object on top of rectangle, position it 10px from bottom and 10px from right relative to the rectangle (right bottom corner of rectangle). Snap it to the rectangle, or whatever the magic action it would be. After thet is done, however I am resizing my rectangle, text object will always…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Golden Ratio proportions are used by most of the designers, yet it is always a hassle to measure the sizes of all elements and margins between them individually.

It would be nice if the panel with artboard grids would also have a checkbox for "Snap to Golden Ratio".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. After using the same tools and functions after a few times a prompt should appear telling the user the keyboard shortcut to help speed up their productivity.

This could be very helpful for first time users and beginners, but also helpful for general use to help everybody be more aware of the keyboard shortcuts available.

Some people may not like this idea so there should be an option to turn off the prompts...

Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.
    2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered
    3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)
    4. Select page
    5. Export .svg (embed image)
    6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See AiBlur.ai
    1. I made a group

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

5. As a user, I would like to see artboard numbers in place of the artboard icon.

The artboard icon provides little value to me as a user. There's only one pasteboard icon and X number of artboards. I appreciate the identifier, but feel the space could provide more value.

What would be helpful is if I could see the number of the artboard as it corresponds to the online prototype (see attached image).

This would be especially helpful when I'm trying to find and copy the exact URL of a page for a client.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi there,

I generally like to have the Adobe softwares configured on gaming equipment such as mouse and keyboard with macro buttons. This really makes working on them faster.

Adobe Xd, since it is attached to an inaccessible file in WindowsApp, doesn't have that. This would be great if you consider having the .exe file somewhere else (this is probably naive of me to think that).

Anyhow, I like Xd so far but this puts me off since using macros is generally how I work best :/ (having most of what I need on my mouse for instance)

All the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to change a Character Style's color by dragging a color from the Color Assets on to a Character Style.

Problem:
    To change a color of a character style in the in the Character Styles window is too tedious. It also requires the user to re-enter the color values using its color-picker.

Solution:
    Make it possible to drag a color from the Colors Assets window on to the Character Style.
    Also, make it also possible to drag-n-drop a color from the Appearance color-picker's local library onto the Character Style.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My group works on the vector formats used by Android (VectorDrawable for static images and Animated Vector Drawable for animated vector graphics).
    I wondered if it would be interesting to Adobe for your design tools (such as XD) to produce these assets directly, to make it easier for Android developers to work with these resources in Adobe's tools.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I've started using XD for eLearning development so that I can show our indian team exactly what we need. If I could give them the XD file and they could open it in Captivate that would be SO useful and cost effective.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but you can't align an element to a locked element. You have to unlock the element first, then do your alignment, then re-lock that element. Which is kind of annoying.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display in image assets option the used file. In addition, display is it a link or embedded.

This would also be a good location for the feature request:
    Reload asset images automatically's manual reload button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The current Artboard grid does not allow for offsetting. This means if you wish the grid to start at a particular x-offset or y-offset you are out of luck.

e.g. if you are designing UI for the iPhone 7 at 375pt width, and you wish to use an 8pt grid, 375 does not divide neatly into 8 and therefore you may wish to add a left margin of 4pt and a right margin of 3pt. Also, you may decide that you wish your 8 pt grid to align vertically to the text in the status bar, so wish to offset…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a Designer I want to create more complex shapes quickly. To align vectors in a vector shape I want to apply alignment or distribution to selected set of vectors or a singe vector to quickly create correct and precise shapes.

In short - provide the alignment / distribution also for single or a selection of vectors.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. From Visual Studio to other known editors, it has been common feature that when pressing F5, the application will launch.

Why not add same key (F5) support to Adobe XD as well, that when pressing that key, the desktop preview will launch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In repeating grids, it would be great if there was a way to adjust the position (x,y) of objects adjacent to text boxes based on the width and height of their content.

For example, designing a comments UI, it would be nice to have multiline text that varies from 1-5 lines that would push the elements below it to match the margins set in the original instance. So if you have a "reply" link below the multiline text it would move +y to match the intended layout.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This is a simple yet time saving feature. If you create a new shape holding down the shift-key the little "Lock Aspect" lock-icon should be locked.

Because in most of the time Users create shapes with shift to resize the width and hight at the sam time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)