Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like to be able to export files from XD to Invision use Invision's 'Inspect Mode' to view object attributes, css snippets etc, which would aid in front-end development immensely. Thanks.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Features like preserve scroll position and fixed elements only work with the viewport set on the artboards in XD at the moment, and not any scrolling added by the prototype viewer in the browser. I would like it to be activated also when scrolling is added by the prototype viewer in the browser.

Please see this prototype for the problem: https://xd.adobe.com/view/267a66a3-c9fa-45f6-6997-0aa455e7b854-504b/?fullscreen&hints=off

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• It would be cool to have shortcuts to increase/decrease the width of elements. In Sketch you can press (cmd+left/right bracket) to do this.
    • A shortcut to rename layers would also be really helpful.
    • It would also be great to have the ability to select a layer and move it without accidentally touching other layers. In sketch you can also do this by pressing alt+cmd.

Thank you! :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

• sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

• some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am working in a bank. And using a tool that requires you to log in another site (logging in Adobe account to use Adobe XD) is forbidden.
    We are hoping we can use Adobe XD offline or at least have an enterprise solution that allows the usage of Adobe XD within the corporate servers only.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Now I use photoshop to create a gradient image, but it would be much easier to implement a feature to add a gradient, with an image as a fill, instead of just a colour.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Objective

XD's mobile preview is less than ideal for larger organizations, due to the requirement that files must exist in Creative Cloud before the mobile app can access them. This causes friction where organizations have established file storage restrictions in services other than Creative Cloud (i.e. Google Drive, Box, etc.).

Business Case for Adobe

Rather than focusing on a tethered experience for Windows (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows), I'd rather a better untethered experience that is platform agnostic, thus benefitting more users (at larger organizations) with less code.

Notes/Thoughts

The existing prototype publishing functionality currently uploads files to Adobe's servers and gives…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When we try to create and interaction between artboards, it would be great if the names of the artboards appear in alphabetical order on the list in the interaction popup window.

In addition, it would be great if we could type the name of the artboard and automatically find the chosen one (like in search engines).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to a be able to make my app connect to and control an external camera with a wifi or bluetooth signal. BlackMagicDesign has a camera app for ios but not android

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能に

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能にしてはどうか。
    コメント毎に選択するのは面倒なので、ユーザー各々が自分のカラーの設定を行うなど。

How about making the color of the pin of comment selectable?
    It is troublesome to select for each comment, so each user sets their own color etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to define for overlays that they are open by default when I get to a page. That would enable me to close and reopen the overlay again without having to build another full page with the overlay in it (and I could use the overlay-specific animations rather than having to switch to a completely new page). The use case is a menu that stays open by default, but can be closed if the user wants to. If this is already possible, please let me know how, thx!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If you guys could include in the assets panel a way of saving styles for borders, so that we can easily apply it to elements in our designs, it would be great.
    Functionality wise it would basically be the same as as for the other assets in the assets panel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. UI pattern Library for beginners. UX/UI Designers can understand and learn the UI patterns trends in UX community.

I have added an gif animation for UI pattern Library.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently the CC window open over XD and can't be locked within it. This has made me realise why should the user need to open CC Libraries in every Adobe application every-time they go into one?

E.g. I use InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD daily and I have to open each one in each app individually? This now makes zero sense...Would it not be better to have CC Libraries as an app / extension window of it own so no matter what Adobe app you are in CC is already their and open? I hate to do the same repetitive actions…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it possible to design & prototype your Adobe Portfolio first in Adobe XD. Make the Theme Assets available for XD to plan the experience of the site first.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am doing a design where the image is on the left, then right, then left etc.

If you use Repeat Grid to make this happen, if you try and drop text in it only updates the left side of the repeat grid. See image attached.

Is it possible to update this so it could work?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a Mac user, I always use spacebar to preview files before open them, and I'd like to be able to do the same thing with symbols inside XD and preview them in a bigger window in order to have a better view of the small ones.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I understand that we can export to PDF then print, but this adds more time to my workflow. If would be easier if I could just print artboards directly from XD.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Some fonts have issues between Mac and Windows environments most notably at the moment the Intro typeface. It works fine in all other Adobe software but in XD if a person sets up a file on a Mac and then a Windows user tries to open the file the fonts are all missing despite the exact same font files being installed on both computers. Mac and Windows in XD seem to group font families differently so Intro Black Caps on Mac is Font-Family: Intro, Font-weight: black caps. But on Windows it's Font-Family Intro Caps, Font-weight: Black. Causing the files to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)