Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I have a suggestion about drag and drop a text. How we can put a text with a break lines? I just tried put a file.txt with a string "\n" to try break line. Did you think about it? In case, I have just one field and I will drag and drop a text. Is that clear?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. An option for locking the objects underneath the selected object for locking could also be considered, which may help at certain instances.

While 'Cmd+L' locks individual object, 'Cmd+Shift+L' can be assigned to lock all the objects underneath the selected objects too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. This is very hard to describe in words so please see the screenshot.

Essentially, let's put WIDTH and HEIGHT side by side in the toolbar interface, and below that, place X and Y coordinates side by side.

Further, please add the coordinate origin (that little thing that defines where on the object the X and Y coordinates are referencing. The absence of this is a major frustration for me in Sketch and Keynote. (perhaps a power feature, but standard in Adobe apps)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Maybe something like Abobe Comp is enough. It is very simple and useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Million times I've heard designers from my network complaining about toy-like anchor points in Sketch. I've even read articles about this online (seriously, google it).

I think that as a real-world UX and UI tool Adobe XD is supposed to provide a sense of a precise and reliable mechanism that does the job, and it's already surpassing Sketch in this aspect, but the anchor points are killing it for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. If I want to create a link from a small element like a menu item to another page, it is hard to accurately select the text and be zoomed out far enough to see the page I want to link to.

I know you can use the drop down to select the page, but if you want to do it visually it would be good if the area around the cursor would zoom like a loupe to enable easier selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Object position is updated live when you move objects. Would be nice to see cursor position as well in the right sidebar. It helps to measure object distances when the smart guides don't register.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1a. This is two requests for a single workflow: when creating a new file after already working out of an existing file, the new screen prompted is a blank project file without artboards. To follow suite with PS/AI, ideally – being reprompted at the welcome screen to pick a new artboard to work from would be very beneficial.

1b. Within the welcome screen, if the user is likely creating a custom size artboard, it would also be very convenient if the user was provided the dropdown option to see recent custom sizes to choose from (the other three default options…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heads up that we now support the welcome screen popping up when you press Cmd+N. I’m editing this suggestion to be about saving the most recent custom size.

-Elaine

9. I've had this issue throughout many projects already: I created a number of 'chained' artboards that - as a collection - play an animated sequence using Auto-Animate and the 'Time' trigger. A loading screen or splash screen for example.

I'd love to be able to target this 'set' of animated artboards and choose a 'custom' exit point so that the final artboard points and navigates to an artboard of my choosing. This way I can re-use the same animations throughout the entire prototype without the need of duplicating (and maintaining) several instances of the same thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just think about it. Why is resizing stacks in their stacking direction disabled?

The only thing that comes to mind, is that it might be hard to determine how the stack might behave when growing. But this limits us too much in creating actually dynamic designs. Besides: is it really that hard? I beg to differ.

Say, I have a list item, with an icon of fixed dimensions and a text layer. The list item has padding, and the contents are laid out in a stack: please refer "1. the stack.png" for my example.

I would like the icon to retain…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include multiple functions within the Document Assets (Colors, Character Style, Components, Videos). For instance, quickly create multiple components at once based on selected group layers within the canvas. In terms of libraries management, creating a set of symbol is less time consuming

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently, vector objects in Illustrator can be copy/pasted onto Adobe Animate artboards. However, due to how ridiculously slow Illustrator is as soon as you add an image, it's less than ideal for mocking up/storyboarding HTML5 banners/animations.

XD on the other hand is lightning fast when images and vector graphics are used.
    If vector artwork such as text and buttons could be copy/pasted between XD and Animate, it would make it the perfect storyboarding program, which Adobe currently doesn't have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an option, like pinned comments but that have an overlay to show the area to which the comment applies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to turn off shortcuts like Cmd/control + Drag moves the artboard around which I don't want. I constantly move the artboard by accident as I navigate through components with the keyboard and using cmd/control to select a specific component part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After reading this:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-selected-artboards.html#modification-of-existing-wiring

It's blindingly obvious that the way single artboards are shared is flawed and creates more work than it saves.
    If I have a fully prototyped document but I want to share a single artboard from it, this involves either splitting it from the document or duplicating the artboard in question and manually removing the unnecessary interactions.

Either way, it's more work than it should be while it also creates issues with consistency across designs and having a single source of truth. Using components, in this case, doesn't help as if there are any interactions in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to drag select elements without dragging elements. This is basically what Figma has called "Deep Selection" where if I press and hold Ctrl and drag, I can select all elements without also dragging any element below the cursor.

This is useful to select nested elements and you dont want to drag the background element, and you dont want to have to manually lock those elements. Being able to just hit a keyboard modifier and drag nested child layers would be extremely valuable to make quick adjustments to UI designs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello,
    it'll be nice to have more hover states in one component.
    Currently i'm working on horizontal mega-menu and it's impossible to prototype mega menu appear on hover. I think i will need to use Tap for now - because when i'm creating two hover states - one doesn't work after another - only when i leave the component and hover it again. So i believe it shuold effect inner hover area also.

Another interesting fueature will be of changing of z-index on hover - it'll make life much easier. For now - i have no idea how to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It is very demented to disable plugins when starting with the shift key pressed. I click 2x on XD before the file opens, switch back and start selecting files in a completely different program using shift select. The XD application reports me that it has turned off plugins. How many times a year do I need to turn off plugins that it's mapped to the shift key across the system?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Ballpark (https://ballparkhq.com/) is a user testing platform for prototypes and allows you to set goals and track how people use your prototype with stats, audio, video alongside survey questions and UX tests. It would be great if XD could support Ballpark.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The new auto-activate fonts forced ‘feature’ —advertised with pathetic triumph on the welcome screen after — is an arrogant absurdity and should never be activated by default nor forced on users. Please implement the ability to turn off the abuse (like you do with InDesign).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)